No announcement yet.

How much did it cost to build your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much did it cost to build your car?

I am a newbie to the drift scene (mainly road race/drag race) but I figure to build my skills more I would like to add drifting to my resume. I was wondering if you guys (and girls) would help me out and let me know how much it cost to put your car together (please include mods/pics).

I am looking at a 90 240sx hatch and am thinking of adding a sr20det...any suggestions on a red/black top?

Thanks,

Dan

too much!

Comment

Well I drive a domestic so I doubt a parts/price listing would be usefull to you. But just for comparison's sake, total cost when complete will be $9,500 including the cost of the car. So far I'm @ $5,300 ... but still putting the car back together.

A SR20 should not be your first mod if you want to drift that S13. LSD should be your first mod.

Comment

5yrs 6,000 bucks and it's still looks stock beside's the hks air filter and advan neovas..... and it's down for another swap 500 bucks for a new motor.... still waiting.......

Comment

Mashing a Porsche GT2 motor into a volvo station wagon costs...way too much.

Comment

so far about 5 cases of beer, 8 bottles of vodka and a hangover from hell..
            Last edited by _uG TM; 12-27-2003, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Re: How much did it cost to build your car?

Originally posted by wrx/240sx
              I am a newbie to the drift scene (mainly road race/drag race) but I figure to build my skills more I would like to add drifting to my resume. I was wondering if you guys (and girls) would help me out and let me know how much it cost to put your car together (please include mods/pics).

I am looking at a 90 240sx hatch and am thinking of adding a sr20det...any suggestions on a red/black top?

Thanks,

Dan
              Est. Cost: 10k
              current setup:
              Engine: Totally STOCK
              Suspension: Racing Beats (shocks and Springs)
              and repairs: its now @ $500 w/o the gaskets
              + the car = $2000.00

Future:
              Shopping for a new MOTOR (cha-ching!)
              $1700 (only because im looking for a mark series front clip)
              +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              Suspension: Tien or JIC magic (dont know yet, but its the full coil over setup).
              est. cost: $1400.00
              Struts: (front and rear) JIC or TANABE :
              est cost: 300.00
              Sways (i dont know yet but i think Eibach)
              est cost: 300.00
              ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
              Engine:
              header / muffler (full sys): est: 600.00
              intake: est: 200.00
              +++++++++++++++++++++++++
              misc: (bucket/steering wheel/ gauges/etc)
              est: 1000.00

so... the total amount.... (drum roll pls)
              .....$7,500.00
              (wow, i guess i have to live with top ramen for awhile.) ha ha..oh damn its my GF b-day soon

anyways. this is on a poor racers budget

note: did you notice the cost has nothing to do with showy type products: )
              ha ha..no burnt rice here ha ha..

Comment

never thought of counting to get an exact figure....may end up killing myself
                Last edited by DriftGirl; 12-24-2003, 10:57 AM.

Comment

havent counted either, but quite a bit. by far though, the most money in one shot was when i broke the rack and pinion in my steering.....that was like 1400 bucks or something to get new from the nissan dealer.....

Comment

Yeah just like everyone, I dont want to see how much i spend. But face your fears right?

oh well, Everytime i make a project car, I accept the fact, that i will spend $$ on it, to do it right not half a$$ed job

also if gives new people an idea on what they're getting into

FYI: that price did not include rims and tires
                    ha ha..wow. thats fricken alot ha ha

++++++++++
                    Car $1500
                    Parts $10K
                    Labor $2k

owning your drift machine and ripping the rubber out of it:
                    "Priceless"

"Not everything can be bought, but for everything else choose master card"

The official financier of my drift machine.

+++++++
                    Now that's a COMMERCIAL!!!!!! ha ha
                    Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 12-25-2003, 09:55 AM.

Comment

one time i added up my wish list and it was like 25k for every thing....and im not made of money so that list got majorly cut down to necessities.

Comment

car bonestock=$3k

Parts so far on the car= OVER $10K

Labor fees= none, i do my own work

STuff i just ordered= $1700
                        (but it replaces some of teh expensive stuff i already bought)

Thrill of owning such a amazing beast= priceless

im still not done with it, maybe ANOTHER $2K.

TOOK ME SO FAR 4 MONTHS TO BUILD. Its my 2nd corolla out of my 6 cars i have owned. would have been done alot faster if i didnt have to spend money on college and girlfriends.

Comment

Originally posted by emission
                          5yrs 6,000 bucks and it's still looks stock beside's the hks air filter and advan neovas..... and it's down for another swap 500 bucks for a new motor.... still waiting.......
                          Just wondering were you got the Neovas. There only sold here just currious.

Comment

Thanks for your replies everyone...Well it looks like the WRX is going to have to go then. I would post it here but AWD cars don't like to drift (unless of course they make big power). Anyone interested in an 02 WRX?

Comment

ive only sunk a few thousand into modifying. keeping tires on it, gas, and paying for repairs takes up most of the money

Comment

Working...
                              X