No announcement yet.

Grip vs Drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude wtf. If you think drifting is faster, take your car to the track and give it a shot. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. Who knows, who cares.

obviously i care, and someone knows, not you

Comment

its all about the force..... no not star wars force...if u know what im talking about then ull get a good understanding... dont forget about gravity too...lolz

Comment

Thats what im saying, some cases. Think of like a u turn, and theres surrounding walls. Drifting will be faster, because you would have to slow down way to much with grip. You guys always fight over the stupid topic. Use whatever is best for the conditions. Ok take it to a track, you may have slower lap times, but using drift to block other opponeints could aloow you to win the race. Its been used sucessfully many times in professional racing series'.

Comment

ok first of forget the Initial D anime when a question is asked about Drifting. Just like we try to put of the F&F crap out of our heads when people asks us why do we do the things with our cars.

I agree, some level of understand is needed of grip racing before trying to drift. Corner entry speed, angles, turning at the correct apex, etc relates to drifting. ALOT. Drifting isn't just putting a heavy foot on the gas, over steering into a corner, and then counter steer. Proper technique and understand is needed in my opinon. Look at Best Motoring, most of the pro drivers are in the JGTC, GT300, GT500, Super Takiyu, etc series. Which are grip racing. But if you look at some option dvd's or vids, most of them are also in the D1.

And there is a difference in EXHIBITION DRIFTING and BATTLE/RACE DRIFTING. Don't confuse the two because of Initial D. At Nopi Nationals 2003, that was Exhibition Drifting. The fastest they were drifting was maybe 50 mph. But if you look at the D1 battles, their going constantly on a track from 30-80mphs. I don't think a noob would be able to just drift like the best and not crash. And also, not being close minded helps too.

Comment

I am sick of people accusing others of just stating opinions, then state their own opinions as if it were fact.

Comment

guess he wasn't paying attention when I said take the Initial D anime and EXHIBITON Drifting out when replying on this post. tsk tsk tsk

Comment

jan 1st 2004 i watched hours of wrc on the speed channel to see one stage that interisted me, the tarmacs of germany. they were not griping through all those turns

Comment

stop watching tv and start driving.

Comment

But Takumi Drifts on every corner
                    and he always wins

Comment

he does not

Comment

lol man............stop posting if its Initial D related. And just to let you know Takumi did lose, first was to the white bandana wearing guy from the Emporer/LanEvo Group with the black evo III because the engine blew. And the next defeat was against his father in a Subaru Impreza GC8, 4rth stage in the Manga series.

Next, we do practice drifting. And I practice grip racing other times on my own. If you can't even post with atleast a mature opinon and not being so close minded and so quick to flame, why even post at all? I guess it seems people on the net are sometimes so quick to get offended and just fireback with remarks.

Comment

i want a comment by Driftxtreem on this subject.

Comment

grip sucks because nakazato says so in his r32 cus he crashes too much....

Comment

Hmm yet its suprising that in the manga after Takumi joins The Takahashi bros new team, near the end they call in Nakazato for a favor to race for them, and soon he starts whooping every one's butt and is then known as the Speed King.

I guess as soon as someone mentions "DRIFTING", no matter what Initial D will pop up in their heads.

Comment

i agree that drift is complimented by grip....you need both to be a fast touge racer. i agree that this thread also has nothing to do with initial D or exhibition drifting. when i go out and practice, for every day i spend drifting, i spend 3-4 days gripping and finding lines and the such. in some cases (i.e. super tight hairpins and 180 degree corners) drift will be quicker because you dont have to slow down so much, like chas already stated. but wide, sweeping corners are quicker when gripped on.....

i like Initial D, dont get me wrong, but it is entertainment. its not something like the drift bible or a viable source of info like that. Takumi does lose to the EVO3 and he doesnt really finish the race against the Usui Sil-eighty, so i take that as a tie. In fact, i think that he would have lost to the EVO3 even if his engine didnt blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X