Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actualy untill subaru came out with the ACD for its american cars, all the american subaru's were a 50/50 split. some had a vlsd but most had open differentials

Comment

sti

i always wanted an sti but im wondering if its a good choice to drift

Comment

So basiclly you want to turn a little harder than RWD cars?
        What if you lessin the weight on one end, won't there be a difference in the work loads? You could apply more weight to the rear and reduce as much from the front so that the rear will work harder and the tires will exceed their potential traction point, and there will be equal power from the powertrain to the front and the rear but the rear will be swinging more weight at a turn. Example using the weight to drift...my head hurts.

Comment

Stock the sti can be set up with the CD to be 40% front 60% rear.

I don't see any reason why you can't drift with a sti. Would it be your first choice? probably not.

For me personaly I wouldn't be spending the 30+ grand on a car I'm going to be racing. Or for that matter I wouldn't be spending over 3 grand on a car I'm going to be using for racing. (unless it was allready caged and built)

If you want to see how awd cars drift, do a search for wrc monte carlo videos.

Comment

what if you welded the rear diff. on an awd car?
            would it help any if you wanted to drift it or would it just be a waste of time?

Comment

quattro

so i have been told that quattro is the most advanced AWD on production cars. on my 98 a4 1.8t it can move 67% percent or sumthin like that to either axle, and i dont know the number from side to side. but im hoping to get into drifting more and the ungodly amount of traction has me daunted. ive only been able to slide lightly when its wet. and that was actualy an accidentl aplication of weight shift, via in turn braking. do any audi driver no if that is the most effeciant form of losing traction in quattro?

Comment

You've got your work cut out for you. Awd is not easy to drift in. It takes more power and needs to be done with more balls. The Audi awd system is not the best. Arguably, Porsche has the best system. All I can suggest is to understand how the Audi system works. Know what it does. Know the science behind it. This will let you feel and understand the car appropriately and know what kind of driver inputs you'll need to control and manipulate the car.

Comment

my impreza brakes loose under certain circumstances, such as inertia drift, fly around a wide turn, she'll brake loose, the awd controll is like no other when you are on and off the gas, feint works just as well, but just a little scarier, too much swing and you lose controll.. me personally, i would rather just weld the center diff, plug the front cv axles. BAM! drift car!

Comment

How can i drift with my pajero 4WD

i have a pajero 4WD it has a manual transmission 6 gears and it has a 4WD gear too and i would like to drift with it can someone teach me how to and also how to do burnout with it.

Comment

What aboot swaping the rear tires out for les grip. Herl it

Comment

Ok... that was a really long guide about AWD. But I can't believe I saw CR-V and drifting in the same sentence. I have an automatic CR-V and have been really curious about drifting it.... A little scared about it tipping though; haven't taken a 90º turn more than 20mph. I know for sure I can break it's traction circle by burning out, but the auto tranny thing might not work out for me..... Although, I thought the CR-V was Real Time 4WD. Like, all the tires got the same power ALL THE TIME, you know? The sticker on the back window (came with the car) says so.

Comment

Working...
                        X