ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much Horsepower does a drift car really need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shimos
    You should spend the money on tires and practice if you really want to drift. When your progress is limited by the mechanics of your machine, you might think about a swap then.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.. but if you must spend money, get your 240sx a Limited slip differential.

Comment

I got good tires and an LSD and i practice every saturday

Comment

good good, just keep practicing man, when you feel that you need more power to take it to the next level, then upgrade the engine.. but until then just keep tires on it. maybe look into suspension upgrades, that kind of thing.

anyways its your car and it sounds like your not exactly a newbie, so do whatever it is you feel like you should

but you should feel like you have to go to a sr20 in your 240 to make power. although it is one viable ways to do it.

in the end its based on your preferance.

Comment

I got my LSD right after i got my car.

Comment

The amount you need is the amount you feel best with.

Comment

but if you aint got no drift car youre goin nowhere, right chas?

Comment

if your gonna drift you need a drift car

Comment

spend the extra $$ to get a LSD and good suspension and tires. as more how much power you need, like most other things in drifting its....

PERSONAL PREFERENCE

sorry, just felt like making that huge, just wanted to get the point across that alot of things in drifting especially have to do with what feels good to you. no one can exactly say whats good for you. thats your to you, yourself, and....you i guess, i mean how would you make I third person.....anyway....

Comment

for drifting you should be able to get out however much horspower you need with a ka. but puting an sr20 would be cool and give you bragging rights

Comment

Originally posted by lucienz
                      but puting an sr20 would be cool and give you bragging rights
                      Why do you street racing honda drivers keep talking. You make me pull my hair out. One, drifters dont get bragging rights. Drifting is about skill, so the only way you get it is by being awesome. Usually someone that has put the time and effort required to do such is pretty humble and does it for reasons other than BRAGGING RIGHTS (wtf?) Two, you dont get to brag if you dont know what you are doing. If you want an SR (and have a good reason, meaning one other than "all the guys on drifting.com like the SR"), get one. Doesnt mean you get to brag, it means you have the engine you want and will work for you. If you get an engine so you can brag, you dont know what you just did. All right. Had to vent. Man I was gunna start being nice too. Drifting is not street racing. Quit treating it like such.

Comment

did you miss the point of my post. I said a ka would be more than enough. As far as the honda street racing comment goes i dont like street racing or hondas and just because ive only posted a couple time on this board doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about. i have been into drifting for over two years. But people that just want to argue and flame people are why i dont post. YOUR THE REASON I AND SEVRAL OTHER PEOPLE DONT POST.

Comment

like everyone said before you do not need hp to drift if you were talkin 450 you must want to race and do other things like that but for drifting some times too much hp is bad if you do not kow how to control you car

Comment

JDMers, ricers, and Naws lovers all occupy the same place in my head. When you said that about the KA, I was thinkin "woohoo, another KA supporter". So Im with you on that. Check my posts, I am the KA defender. It was just the bragging rights comment. That comes from a street racer mentality and doesnt belong in drifting. Notice that is the only part of your post I quoted. That is the only part I was attacking.

YOUR THE REASON I AND SEVRAL OTHER PEOPLE DONT POST.
                            Im not one to correct spelling, as I have no right to, but I think that should be "YOU'RE". I dont know if you mean me specifically. If you do, I would believe it. Anyway. I hate to give ppl a hard time. I don't hate noobs, I want to help them, educate them, but I have little to no tolerance for blatant ignorance. Youve drifted for two years and are still talking about bragging rights?! Doesnt make sense. Well sorry for the personal attack if that's how you perceived it. I posted that so it wouldnt happen again. Everybody gets to learn from their mistakes. Some get to learn from others'. Ive done it, its nothing new. Get back on that horse. I have more respect for ppl who get "flamed" and learn from it, stay on the boards, and become key members. Be that guy.

Comment

yeah i like the ka aswell but i chose to go with the rb20 the forgot one. but i am helping my boy build his KA and are you going turbo

Comment

I'm starting to lean towards the sr20

Comment

Working...
                                X