No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) D1 GRAND PRIX USA May 2, 2009 Anaheim, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We left at like 5:30. Just out of curiosity who actually won the event?

Comment

Originally posted by srfiveten View Post
      We left at like 5:30. Just out of curiosity who actually won the event?
      Daigo in the Chaser. It was so close it would've been nice to get a one more time, but daigo did honestly win by having a smidget more angle than Kuma.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
        This event should be an episode on "Pros vs. Joes." lol The were just too many Joes in the event.
        Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
        best description yet!
        Maybe this is part of that largest TV deal they signed. lol

Did anyone see FOX TV out there covering the event?

Comment

why didnt they run super 16 challenge? oh yeah when will be the air dates for FOX on d1?

Last edited by facked_yer_mom; 05-04-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by facked_yer_mom View Post
            How did you come up with that screen name? That *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is too funny. You better not tell me because you "facked_my_mom" either.

Comment

did anybody else think kumakubo corrected at the first switchback when chasing forrest the first time?

Comment

did anyone else notice how long it took the judges to score that run?

Comment

The highlight for me was seeing Ross Petty drifting and his cool car thanks Ross. Can anyone from D1 Respond to what has been written in this forum about the event just don't promote stuff that u won't do please.

Comment

Mr.Goodwin are you not ashamed of reading all this it took like a year to plan a very unorganized event what the hell was dub doing in a d1 event. If you want to be successful you need more collaboration from the d1 japan like previous d1 events that where a blast. There needs to more japanese drivers i still remember in irwindale the tandem battles where intense nothing to Anaheim. Oh and to all drifting.com members and fans i want to apologize if i created a bigger hype i thought these guys from driven events knew what they where doing but guess not. Mr. Isao Saita please do something it hurt's to say coming from a long time fan and supporter of d1 it but d1 usa could die every one agrees that this is the worst d1 event in the u.s.a i don't even want to go to a d1 event in the future. I travel 3 hours to anaheim to see a nightmare.
                    Last edited by drift2thextreme; 05-05-2009, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drift2thextreme View Post
                      Oh and to all drifting.com members and fans i want to apologize if i created a bigger hype i thought these guys from driven events knew what they where doing but guess not.
                      haha. at first i thought you were some driven events worker in disguise with your super random finland driver info.

Comment

Nope i would be embarrassed right now if i was driven events worker the d1 grand prix name too big for them.

Comment

Originally posted by drift2thextreme View Post
                          Mr.Goodwin are you not ashamed of reading all this it took like a year to plan a very unorganized event what the hell was dub doing in a d1 event. Oh and to all drifting.com members and fans i want to apologize if i created a bigger hype i thought these guys from driven events knew what they where doing but guess not.
                          Ali from D1 actually called me and "drfit2thextreme" out for creating hype. It's all good. We we just trying to do our part for the sake of drifting.

In all fairness to Mr. Goodwin and Driven Events, their goal was to add "a all-new entertainment component that sets it apart from any other drifting series in the U.S." That quote is straight from the D1GP website.

From that standpoint, they did that magnificently. There was entertainment like no other drifting event before.

Maybe that's where the problems began. Just too much content to properly and efficiently produce.

Rather than cater the event to the loyal fans of D1 and drifting fans in general, they catered to everyone else and their mothers.

But like always, it always comes down to the $$$$$$$$$.

Did they attract enough people out there to turn a huge profit? I think so.

Did they lose many loyal D1 fans in the process? I think so, too.

Like I stated earlier, the new management of D1 should just change their name and omit D1 from it. Rather than creating a competitive series, they should just focus on a exhibition series featuring the J drivers. This format will definitely succeed in the US.

The name D1GP just carries too much expectations along with it.

Holding a competive series in the US and not having the top drivers of the US competing is not competiton. That's "PROS vs JOES."

I am going to copyright "HOT IMPORT DAYS" right now.
                          Last edited by OldSkool510; 05-05-2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Everyone is complaining about the event as a whole, but how about the drifting?

I thought the drifting was great. It would have been awesome to see the top FD guys compete in this thing, though.

Did anyone see any FD drivers at the event? I saw Forsberg and Ken Gushi.

Comment

Thank you

Hey guys, we are reading this thread and I wanted to let you know that we appreciate all of the feedback. We are taking into account your opinions and experiences and will be meeting soon to discuss all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
                                Everyone is complaining about the event as a whole, but how about the drifting?

I thought the drifting was great. It would have been awesome to see the top FD guys compete in this thing, though.

Did anyone see any FD drivers at the event? I saw Forsberg and Ken Gushi.

The drifting it self was kinda on the boring side until we got up to the final 4. Wang and Kumo had the battle of the year so far. The battle of the giants Ueno VS Saito was great. They should of had a 3rd place match between wang and Ueno.

Saito vs Ueno needed a OMT badly!!!

I only saw Hiro for a few moments....

WHAT HAPPEND TO IMMAMURA???

Comment

Working...
                                X