Hachi Brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hachi Brakes?

So I've checked all the brands websites that I can think of (Brembo, Baer, Project MU, and Wilwood) and according to their websites none of them offer brakes for my Hachi. How do most Hachi drifters set up their brakes and/or are their other brands I need to check out?

SR5 or GTS first off? The fronts'll be the same but the rear drums on the SR5's is another story. I coud've sworn brembo made brakes for the 'rolla's.

Ah, just found some
    http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resul...=&brand=Brembo

Comment

It is a GT-S sorry. and I knew they had those but they are only front OEM style rotors. and i would like to get higher performance front and rear rotors

Comment

Well, the main thing you're dealing with is you have a car that is 25 years old and was never really intended to be a race car, so support is limited and sort of expencive at times.

If this car is to be a daily / drifter, you actually don't need any more than that to be truthfull. for everyday driving, big brakes are actually a pain because you don't get them hot enough and it's actually common to glaze the brakes in those situations.

And for drifting, unless you're going out and continually driving fast for long periods of time, drifting is usually a quick couple of slides, and then a brake for the brakes. The don't get much of a chance to overheat in those situations.

My recomendation is these OEM replacements with some good pads will be plenty. And if you really want to start upgrading, start replacing the OEM brake lines and running the metal braiding over them to reduce brake fade, etc.

Another thing you have going for you, even fully dressed, and not stripped, the corolla only weighs about 2300 lb's if I'm not mistaken. Stripped, including horking the AC, you can feasably get it well below 2000, making the car stop even better.

I use to have an SR5, so I've been through a lot of this. For more information check out www.club4ag.com. Do some searching first and then ask, there's some pretty knowledgeable guru's there.

Comment

thank you for the input. the Rotora brakes I found are OEM size but drilled and slotted. would that be a bad thing because of the glazing you were talking about?

Comment

Just get some Brembo blanks and get a decent set of pads. And please stop calling it a hachi. hachi-roku, eight-six or corolla, there's lots of other toyotas with an 8 in their chassis code.

Comment

Ae86

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
              Just get some Brembo blanks and get a decent set of pads. And please stop calling it a hachi. hachi-roku, eight-six or corolla, there's lots of other toyotas with an 8 in their chassis code.
              but i called it AE86! hahhahaa....

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                Do you have a problem with me calling it a Hachi Roku? I apologize sir for asking a f*cking question.

Comment

So never mind the high performance I'm just gonna go with some regular ones for now. I'm thinking their are a couple other problems starting to arise that need to be fixed first.

Comment

Working...
                  X