Drift Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfmreport
    So why didn't you compete? Afraid to have everyone see how you can't drift. It is easy to do donuts in a parking lot and pretend your hot sh*t when no one is watching.
    I guess when you have a crowd of over 1000 people and awards and prizes on the line you are just like all the other "friends" of DGTrials....All talk!
    Funny how for the parking lot event there were lots of you guys there but when it was time to put out only 1 of you guys signed up!
    It was because of you cowards that we had to bring out some of the Hialeah guys to give the fans a show.
    Interesting fact: Of all the people at the event I talked to the only ones who complained about the event were the "friends" of DGTrials!
    I guess you guys are just content to be little kids playing in parking lots. At least some guys had the guts to take the next step and act like professionals.
    BTW The guy who came in 1st place won over $1000 dollars in prizes and a NOPI Sponsorship!!!
    Yah, that's true. I was there when the NOPI guy was talking about the sponsorship. Since not a lot of cars showed up, it was real easy to have been noticed. Not to mention that it would've been an easy win for a skilled person.

Edit: I got some more stuff to say.

From what I remember hearing when I was at the competition, a bunch of people chickened out. If more people would've competed, I don't think there would've been the need to throw in the other cars, like the bus trying to drift (Which was a funny site to see.) I would'nt be surprised if the owner sent those cars out to keep the crowd entertained. One thing I would like to point out is that there was this MR2 Turbo at the event. At the beginning I thought it was going to compete but after a while the guy decided to leave. When the show was about to end, surprisingly the guy came back and actually went out to the track. I could see that he attempted to drift, but IMO I think he was scared of letting the car loose. I don't blame him. 91-92 MR2's had the suspension setup for oversteering fun. But you know, atleast he showed up and went out there. Not like others who showed up and either chickened out or sat at the bleachers instead. I think it was a matter of stage fright. Oh and if you're wondering why i'm saying all this and why I didn't bother competing, sadly I don't have a car to drift. It's powered at the wrong wheels. But if I did had the chance, I would've entered. Okay, i'm done.
    Last edited by BLADDER_MASTER; 04-05-2004, 09:57 PM.

Comment

So why didn't you compete? Afraid to have everyone see how you can't drift. It is easy to do donuts in a parking lot and pretend your hot sh*t when no one is watching.
      I guess when you have a crowd of over 1000 people and awards and prizes on the line you are just like all the other "friends" of DGTrials....All talk!
      Funny how for the parking lot event there were lots of you guys there but when it was time to put out only 1 of you guys signed up!
      It was because of you cowards that we had to bring out some of the Hialeah guys to give the fans a show.
      Interesting fact: Of all the people at the event I talked to the only ones who complained about the event were the "friends" of DGTrials!
      I guess you guys are just content to be little kids playing in parking lots. At least some guys had the guts to take the next step and act like professionals.
      BTW The guy who came in 1st place won over $1000 dollars in prizes and a Sponsorship!!!
      cuz it was invite only you stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectD
        cuz it was invite only you stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*
        It wasn't "invite only"!
        It was open to those with previous drfiting experience auto crossers rallycrossers or licensed racers.(SCCA, FIA,PBOC,NASCAR)

We already have over 15 experienced Drifters lined up for the next one. We are also going to open the track for amatures in a seperate division.

As of now all of the Professional Drifters are based in either Japan or California. Our goal is to develop Professional Drifters on the East Coast. Primarily in Florida. This is going to take a lot of work and a dedicated attitude on both our part and of the Drifters themselves. Of course the drifters we develop will not be the types that go around calling people "Retards"!
        It is easy to bash us. I was expecting it. We made some mistakes and we are correcting them. The biggest fault was something that wasn't under our control and we have made steps to correct it. I am open to all critiques and advice. The first Drift Miami was a learning experience the next one will be better.
        DRIFT MIAMI II Sunday May23rd

Feel free to contact me.
        info@sfmreport.com

Comment

DG trials erik said specifically its invite and he callled and contacted ppl up in Tampa as well. i asked to drive but they said invite.

Comment

BTW, i support DG trials.

i just agree with them that the competition didnt go as well as it should have been.

personally i liked the drift clinic there better as well as the first Tampa Drift invasion, both i went to.

Comment

i think that the event was not top notch.(when you go to cali to see d1 nothing is anymore!) but it was the first event down here and im sure every event is gonna get bigger and get more support. im looking foward to the next event i hope i have my car up to pass tech. by then. oh yeah and there sure wasn't a shortage of 86's and 240's out in the parking lot. looks like alot of people mouthing off but didn't wanna enter.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectD
                DG trials erik said specifically its invite and he callled and contacted ppl up in Tampa as well. i asked to drive but they said invite.
                Contact me for the next one May 23rd

info@sfmreport.com

Comment

!

guys kno what are the main things to pass tech cause my car is basically stock with stb's

Comment

Contact me for the next one May 23rd

info@sfmreport.com
                    i will, but i was looking forward the the 25th but was cancelled. dang. i catually like the cones and paddock better.

Comment

how can you have a comp, when there has only been 2 drifting events in florida? i dont belive stage fright had anything to do with more people not entering. At that track... you didnt have much room to mess up, the wall was right there, and expecting us to be able to drift like that, when only have 2 events under out belts, its insane

the drifters that you devlope? wut did you mean by that? and you bashing us for being "parking lot" drifters? HOW ELSE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET PRATICE? you have to start out somewhere... not all of us come from autoX...

as i heard.. it was invite only.

now as the the upcomming events... i took off work and so did my brother to take part in the April 25th event.... now i learn is canceled. AND.... their is an event in tampa on 5/22, and THE NEXT DAY their is another drift event in maimi? now i dont know exactly who is doing wut.... but someone better get their *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in line...... thanks alot
                      Last edited by Spazum888; 04-17-2004, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazum888
                        how can you have a comp, when there has only been 2 drifting events in florida? i dont belive stage fright had anything to do with more people not entering. At that track... you didnt have much room to mess up, the wall was right there, and expecting us to be able to drift like that, when only have 2 events under out belts, its insane

the drifters that you devlope? wut did you mean by that? and you bashing us for being "parking lot" drifters? HOW ELSE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET PRATICE? you have to start out somewhere... not all of us come from autoX...

as i heard.. it was invite only.

now as the the upcomming events... i took off work and so did my brother to take part in the April 25th event.... now i learn is canceled. AND.... their is an event in tampa on 5/22, and THE NEXT DAY their is another drift event in maimi? now i dont know exactly who is doing wut.... but someone better get their *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in line...... thanks alot
                        exactly Erik was calling up ppl to come to Miami for the competition and only like4-5 came.

and we HVAE to practice in lots and back of industrial buildings. even the auto x guys get pissed when theres slding aorund purposely on the track........lol

Comment

Can't people just get over with the bitching of the first event? It's over with, just focus on the next event and hope it turns out to be better.

Comment

i know its over with. no big deal, but the next maimi event is the DAY AFTER the tampa event... not every one has enough money for tires, gas, and food. you said their were mistakes made in the past... thats fine, we all make mistakes so i cant bash you for that, im not perfect... but to have the event one day after an event in tampa is just making another mistake, imo.

the reason im upset is because he is getting on our case about not showing up, calling us parking lot drifters.... hey guess where the maimi pratice was held... IN A FRIGGEN PARKING LOT... the only reason i wouldnt have competed in the competition in maimi was because with my skills and abilities as a drifter, i didnt feel safe running my car on the figure 8 track. my car is my daily driver, miami is 4 hours away from where i live. taking a risk like that when only have 2 events previous to this, is just crazy.

now with this next even in tampa, the drivers acutally have a line they need to take, they cant take it wide or short like the pratice, witch i find challenging. giving me the chance to improve my skills.

now dont get me wrong... i do want to see more event in florida, where is safe, legal fun. you can learn from other people, discuess different techniques, and shoot the sh!t with other drifters.

Comment

i know its over with. no big deal, but the next maimi event is the DAY AFTER the tampa event... not every one has enough money for tires, gas, and food. you said their were mistakes made in the past... thats fine, we all make mistakes so i cant bash you for that, im not perfect... but to have the event one day after an event in tampa is just making another mistake, imo.

the reason im upset is because he is getting on our case about not showing up, calling us parking lot drifters.... hey guess where the maimi pratice was held... IN A FRIGGEN PARKING LOT... the only reason i wouldnt have competed in the competition in maimi was because with my skills and abilities as a drifter, i didnt feel safe running my car on the figure 8 track. my car is my daily driver, miami is 4 hours away from where i live. taking a risk like that when only have 2 events previous to this, is just crazy.

now with this next even in tampa, the drivers acutally have a line they need to take, they cant take it wide or short like the pratice, witch i find challenging. giving me the chance to improve my skills.

now dont get me wrong... i do want to see more event in florida, where is safe, legal fun. you can learn from other people, discuess different techniques, and shoot the sh!t with other drifters.
                              You make several valid points there. If you think you could do both events, go for it. If you can't, then don't worry about it.

Comment

i

i was there for all 3 florida events so far. tampa and 2 miami ones.

personally, im pissed cuz i liked the clinic held at the parking lot/ paddock. now they wanna move it to the ghey oval. ghey.

Comment

Working...
                                X