Drifting at Laguna Seca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Formula Atlantic <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I'm probably one of the few who was as excited the first time I went to a CART race at Long Beach to see the Atlantics as the main event. I wanted to see a whole field of 4A-GE powered cars!

As somebody pointed out, the Atlantic motor is the highly developed motorsports version of the 16V 4A-GE inside every AE86 (well, besides other motors in that chassis).

It wouldn't be streetable, but it would fit right on the motor mounts in the car. And the sound? That'd be so great. Considering the cost, you'd have to be a crazy man to do it.
    PS: Takumi, besides being a ficitonal character, has a Group A 20V (from the AE101). Not the Atlantic, which is 16V. I'd take either, in my dreams...

People Love Pics.

Regular:
    http://www.club4ag.com/images/Scrapbook/L08.jpg

Extra Spicy:
    http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20t...tic_Engine.jpg
    Last edited by Slonie; 09-15-2004, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Hey RaceGuy,
      What part of the camp car do you work on. Mechanic, Engineer, ect. Just wondering beacuse i'm looking into engineering at the momoent.

Comment

Let's see, gotta cover all the bases here.

1. I'm suprized that the track wasn't grippy for you guys, but I can understand. When we showed up on Friday morning it was slick for us, but by Saturday afternoon it was pretty good. Sometimes when we run with a class that runs street car based tires the rubber they put on the track is incompatable with our cars. Must have been something along those lines.

2. Give me one of those 20 valve heads. If I could get through tech we'd be home free on the track!

3. My position on the team is (or was, I guess the season's over) Fogarty's race engineer. It's a lot of work, but I'm pretty much doing my dream job.

Comment

Woo hoo, go red 350Z! Thanks for putting on a good show as the open wheeled cars were awesome to watch too.

Comment

You are living the dreamjob. I hope i can make my way up one day. I have a few questions though. What type of education do you need to become a race engineer? What do you have? Are there any good schools that you know of.

Comment

Working...
            X