Drifting a SC300 or SC400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting a SC300 or SC400

What would be easier to drift a SC300 with a 2JZGET or a SC400 with a 2JZGET? if any is possible..i don't know im just trying to find a some what unique drift car. If anyone has any experience or any insight. please let me know..thanks

one of my best friends learned on an 86 and now has an sc400 body with the sc300 engine and manual tranny in it, he throws it around like its nothing...so if youve got the skill.....

Comment

yea but i heard that the 400 is heavier...and wouldn't it be cheaper to get a 300 newaz?

Comment

im not really sure, i think it might just be heavier due to the larger engine, and yes, it would probably be cheaper to get 300, the reason he did it is because he found a 300 for very cheap with a facked up body and a perfect engine with manual tranny, and a 400 with a facked up engine and a perfect body, so....... good luck with everything keep us posted i love seein 300s thrown around the track

Comment

yea no prob..thanx alot for the info..i dunno to much about driftin soarers as all u jdmers would like to call it..so if anyone knows anything else about 300's n 400's driftin i would really like some insight..thanx

Comment

Re: Drifting a SC300 or SC400

Originally posted by SC300
            What would be easier to drift a SC300 with a 2JZGET or a SC400 with a 2JZGET? if any is possible..i don't know im just trying to find a some what unique drift car. If anyone has any experience or any insight. please let me know..thanks
            There is a reason why they call it a SC"300" and a SC"400". 300 means it has a 3 liter engine and 400 means a 4 liter (duh). Both cars use different engines of course. What you're asking is one in the same. An SC400 with a 2JZGET engine and a SC300 with a 2JZGET engine would be the same right? BTW, its called a 2JZ-GTE. The 2JZ-GTE is a 3.0 liter inline 6(the infamous Supra engine). The SC400's engine is called the 1UZ-FE, it's a 4.0 liter V8. Most of the SC series are auto, there were only a few that were manual. The manual was only equipped with a 2JZ-GE(NO TURBO) from the years of 92-95. So you probably wanna get that.

Comment

or u can think abt this car

saw it on autotrader

Link Here

Comment

Whoa. I know I've seen that car on many a messageboard. That's a hell of a deal for that kind of car.

And if you really have plans to buy a car, and aren't some kid sitting in high school, you're better off finding a used SC and then just swapping a 2JZ-GTE (god) engine into it. Make sure that you get the Supra six-speed, or the SC transmission is going to burn up faster than a McDonalds hamburger, especially if the engine is modified. And you're going to need alot of money, time, money, and luck to find one of those engines intact.

Here's one.
                Last edited by Sideways Spanky; 10-01-2004, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways Spanky

And if you really have plans to buy a car, and aren't some kid sitting in high school,
                  wow im a kid sitting in highschool and i take offense to that. whats wrong with a kid sitting in highschool ? i am just as justifeid to be in this scene as you are. i work my *Censored**Censored**Censored* of tryint to learn car control and how to drift and comments like these really lower my self esteem. thanks alot i feel |___| that big now. are you happy if thats your goal. p.s. me and ken gushi are about the same age ? you tell him not to do his dream cuz hes high school age, i think not. i worked hard for my car and everything i put on it (RIP) and my new car is going to have work put into too so bite me

(im sorry to get off topic mods, but i hate posts like this, just cuz im in highschool doesnt mean i dont deserve anything i have)

Comment

I think there is more forced induction kits on the market for the SC300 than the SC400. It will be, as they say where I am from, "Gangster" to drift a Lexus! I too thought about it, but where I come from the driving age is 18 and im 16. Just make sure that when you get that SC300 or 400 make sure you make the proper upgrades that will make the car last through the stresses of drifting. It will save you time and money in the long run when u wanna go all out with your car or do further mods to it.

Be safe and good luck!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                      [B]wow im a kid sitting in highschool and i take offense to that.
                      whats wrong with a kid sitting in highschool ? i am just as justifeid to be in this scene as you are. i work my *Censored**Censored**Censored* of tryint to learn car control and how to drift and comments like these really lower my self esteem. thanks alot i feel |___| that big now. are you happy if thats your goal. p.s. me and ken gushi are about the same age ? you tell him not to do his dream cuz hes high school age, i think not. i worked hard for my car and everything i put on it (RIP) and my new car is going to have work put into too so bite me

Nothing is wrong with being in highschool, and I didn't say anything of the sort. I'm just sick of fourteen year on all of the differen't forums asking stuff like "Should I get a Enzo or a Gallardo for my first drifting car?" "What coil-overs should I get when I finally get a car?" "I was wondering what you guys would think: will altezza lights or a neon underglow kit make my car drift better?" I know how you feel. I worked until I was seventeen until I could afford my first car, a Mazda RX-7 Turbo II. I worked nights, weekends, and holidays while kids came into IHOP and laughed at me, fresh out of their brand-new, parent-bought Camaro SS and Mustang Cobra's. I have never accepted anyones financial help to buy any car or my house, and I've owned an MKIV Supra Turbo, an MKIII Supra Turbo, a Nissan 350Z, and a Ferarri 328 GTS. I grew up poor, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone else that works their butt off to get to where they want to be. I never laughed at you or Ken Gushi, and I know he is young. Maybe I phrased my comment wrong. I meant to say, if you're not driving, don't just ask questions to waste our time.

blue

Comment

I have a lot of respect for people who grew up poor and then became a success. I hope to be one of those people someday. Unlike Bill Gates, dropped out of a Ivy League college and stole other peoples' ideas, threaten to make a monopoly, and try to compete with the gaming world which he doesnt make profit from. Well thats a different story. Best luck to all of you.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sideways Spanky
                          [B]
                          Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                          wow im a kid sitting in highschool and i take offense to that.
                          whats wrong with a kid sitting in highschool ? i am just as justifeid to be in this scene as you are. i work my *Censored**Censored**Censored* of tryint to learn car control and how to drift and comments like these really lower my self esteem. thanks alot i feel |___| that big now. are you happy if thats your goal. p.s. me and ken gushi are about the same age ? you tell him not to do his dream cuz hes high school age, i think not. i worked hard for my car and everything i put on it (RIP) and my new car is going to have work put into too so bite me

Nothing is wrong with being in highschool, and I didn't say anything of the sort. I'm just sick of fourteen year on all of the differen't forums asking stuff like "Should I get a Enzo or a Gallardo for my first drifting car?" "What coil-overs should I get when I finally get a car?" "I was wondering what you guys would think: will altezza lights or a neon underglow kit make my car drift better?" I know how you feel. I worked until I was seventeen until I could afford my first car, a Mazda RX-7 Turbo II. I worked nights, weekends, and holidays while kids came into IHOP and laughed at me, fresh out of their brand-new, parent-bought Camaro SS and Mustang Cobra's. I have never accepted anyones financial help to buy any car or my house, and I've owned an MKIV Supra Turbo, an MKIII Supra Turbo, a Nissan 350Z, and a Ferarri 328 GTS. I grew up poor, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone else that works their butt off to get to where they want to be. I never laughed at you or Ken Gushi, and I know he is young. Maybe I phrased my comment wrong. I meant to say, if you're not driving, don't just ask questions to waste our time.

blue

oh alright see i respect that. i completely agree with you, i hope you dont think i attacked you, i guess i just misunderstood your comment. thanks for replying like that and not flaming because i misunderstood you.

have a great day

Comment

I have also been thinking about getting a sc300 after college (only three more years ) and I have read alot on them and I have found a lot of parts. But I am still haveing problems trying to find suspension parts. Sure, coilovers and sway bars arn't hard to find, but has anyone been able to locate swaybar end links, tie rods, etc. ?

Comment

Drift thre sc300 than you dont have the weight like the sc400 v8

Comment

Working...
                              X