ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DRIFT TRUCK" Im gonna Do It!!! Goods and Bads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest thing to do would be the classic 350 in an S-10 or 302 in a ranger. The trucks are available cheap, will fit anything from 4cyls to big blocks, and have tons of aftermarket parts for 'em. Although you may have trouble finding racing suspension parts because most of them are lowriders or mudders, I'm sure you could get a custom built unit for your application if you shop around. I agree the Syclone was a very sweet ride, although I didn't know about them when they were produced because I was just around 11 when they came out but know that I'm older I can see how good they were. They are still excellent performers and it's a shame that they can't do 'em again. I mean c'mon GM you got the parts in the parts bin already. Here's the recipe.
    Chevy reg cab shortbed flareside+Sierra C3 4wheel steering and all wheel drive+corvette rear mounted tranny and transfer caser+new C6 corvette 6.0L 500 hp v8.

Comment

Ohhh, I get it...

Mike,
      Ugh, yeah, sorry bout that. I never was the brightest crayon in the box. I guess I read in to the screen names a little too much, eh.

Werd, old boxy s-10 w/a 350 in it. That'd do prolly, that just sounds heavy to me. Not saying it wouldn't work, cause anything will as long as you can drive.

Comment

No prob, my Initials are still MR

It isn't a problem to put a big motor into a small truck, but having the rear end sooo light and leaf springs (virtually useless for lateral support) can cause a lot of control problems.

an S-10 with a 350 would be slick, but you'd still have to move some weoght to the rear and modify the suspension

-MR

Comment

HAPPY!

Well i just rolled up (in my wanker redneck mobile with my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* box behind it on a trailer) from a long beautiful day of drifting! So much fun, got about 20 runs in and nothing broke.
          I love my wanker redneck mobile and my toyota sh**box!
          Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 02-19-2004, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Touche'

Nice one, all did today was clean my house and drink rum and cokes.

I hate not being able to weld.

Comment

i know its an old a s s thread but... since its the topic of drifting trucks... i just had to add my experiences in here... i drifted a 79 el camino with a smallblock 305 v8... that sh!t rawks... although it has several pieces miising form the engine... and a few days ago spit an exhaust manifold bolt onto the framerail it still hauls a s s and the missing bolt makes a nice little rumbling sound... anywayz i was getting sideways in my school parking lot when i decided to let off the gas... big mistake... ended up hopping the left rear tire from too much sidewall flex and almost popped it... plus i broke the throttle cable clip somehow... so i had to idle out of the parking lot and across the street which wasnt that fun... so yeah anywayz thats my truck drifting...

stupid censors...

Comment

ha ha sorry. I already have a drift truck its a 93 nissan hardbody

Comment

Heres a little inspiration for ya:

FC RX-7 rear end in a Hardbody, obviously for a different reason than you are lookin at, but you get the point:

Not sure what this is, might be stock Hardbody suspension for all I know:

And some more glory shots:

My .02--I think it would be badass, for real. Heres some pics of my RB20 in the bed of a friends Hardbody. That experience gave me the exact same thoughts you are having. I promised myself Id look into it more later, so if you do set this up, WRITE ABOUT IT, and TAKE PICS!!!!! Help us poor shmoes who are last to do everything!!!

Comment

Originally posted by S13Drifter
                    Wtf drifting trucks the silvia truck is ok but *Censored**Censored**Censored* drifitng trucks is *Censored**Censored**Censored*!
                    and drifting a freakin old toyota corolla is *Censored**Censored**Censored*! ...please

drifting is about having fun...if all your gonna do is say something dumb like that...don't even say it..its a waste of bandwith....

Comment

Last edited by driftersil80; 10-21-2005, 02:10 PM.

Comment

hahaha! ...last I checked, ALL trucks were rear wheel drive!

Comment

lol even my custom built front wheel drive truck??

Comment

lol even my custom built front wheel drive truck??

Comment

Yes, even that one...

-MR

Comment

Was that the one with the MoTec system exhaust?

Comment

Working...
                                X