Starion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capitalking
    thats so whack. like a month ago, i posted pretty much the same topic on driftcentral (yeah, marshun, you were there)...i'm getting tired of my s12, and looking for another platform. they have decent aftermarket support..and if you get bored, you can always swap a 4g63 into it. not the easiest thing, but possible.
    Where in Florida are you? Star/Quest people are hardcore! If you sell the S12, let everyone know...

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by capitalking
      thats so whack. like a month ago, i posted pretty much the same topic on driftcentral (yeah, marshun, you were there)...i'm getting tired of my s12, and looking for another platform. they have decent aftermarket support..and if you get bored, you can always swap a 4g63 into it. not the easiest thing, but possible.

i know what you mean about gettin tired with cars though. but the thing is, its hard to find old cars in good condition. just keep lookin though. you'll eventually find one in good condition.

Comment

for the 4g swap you should try to find a jdm source for the 4g single cam and tranny that came as an option in europe and japan. it would make the swap easier cause all the mounts would be the same... but iam making killer power for sliding out the 2.6l
        the torque that the motor makes is great, but what do you expect from a tractor motor that they bolted a turbo on to..

Comment

Originally posted by 4stAir
          ...what do you expect from a tractor motor that they bolted a turbo on to..
          More hay-towing capability... and a farmer's tan

-MR

Comment

http://www.beatingyou.com/zerog/

This is a link to a friend's Starion with a 4G63 swapped into it. I have not personally driven it, but the car seems to do well sliding on the track.

Comment

i had one a few months ago. VERY VERY VERY fun cars. i had mine with 12K miles on motor and trans. very fast. it had a 16G and eclipse MAF. i got it to run in the 13s at 100mph in the 1/4 and it topped out somewhere over 140. in fact i still have a brand new lsd rear end/pumpkin for a 89 star/quest. if anyone is interested let me know! there is no slop whatsoever in it. i just saved it in hopes of getting another starion... these are GREAT cars. digital climate control! oh and it gives you 30 seconds after you turn off the car to roll up the windows! i don't know how they are stock tho... like i said mine had a better turbo and not to mention a Greddy profec B so i was always boosting more than stock on a bigger turbo. it was 10 psi low boost and 13-15 for high boost. it was the difference from a 14.4 to 13.9. oh and they get way sideways. i didn't drift mine for lack of a working power steering pump, but i swung alot of donuts in it and man it went around harder than any 5.0 i've owned (i've had 9 5.0s)

Comment

Hello)) Sorry for my English because I did with Ukraine and the bad talk and write in English. Climbed on the internet and stumbled on your site))) I too am an owner of Mitsubishi Starion)). For those people who want to buy it for drift. I can say that is quite good for avtomobil.No full visual perceptions need to change it to a new engine.

Comment

The engine is better to take a Mitsubishi Eclipse and Dodge Eagle Talon which would be the flywheel was on the 6 bolts instead of 7. Intake manifold and cylinder head with a 2.4 engine to the example of Mitsubishi Space Gear. In such an engine will be very high torque.

Comment

Working...
                  X