Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok im new to drifting and all but i have a question and a comment the question is where can you learn to drift, just an abandoned parking lot and hope you dont get caught, or wait for the few times a year there is a comp. that allows anyone to enter? and the comment is about that whole drop your tires into a gutter thing, it works real nice in a cartoon but in real life it would have to be one deep gutter to actually be able to withstand any gs or if youre going slow enough to make the turn any way it would work.

Comment

clean. me = noob to drifting

Comment

Well, I know I'm new here, and Drifting has REALLY sparked my interest...however I have to voice my opinion about the thread for finding a car.

The origonal post is talking about finding a beginner car to "drift" with. Last I checked, Integras, Civics and CRX's are all FWD......How are you to drift in a FWD??? You can't....all you can do is "Power Slide".

Just my own 2 cents.

Comment

240sx vs 300 zx whats better for drifting and why ??

i can get a 240sx passes smog for $2500 or a 300zx new rebuilt engine know the history whats better and why sorry newbie question old time drag racer 442 old cutless
          Thanks

Comment

one thing you did not mention the advatages of what car to the next

240sx vs 300 zx what better for drifting and why ??

Comment

New Guy

Hey wasup fellas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gutro View Post
                Well, I know I'm new here, and Drifting has REALLY sparked my interest...however I have to voice my opinion about the thread for finding a car.

The origonal post is talking about finding a beginner car to "drift" with. Last I checked, Integras, Civics and CRX's are all FWD......How are you to drift in a FWD??? You can't....all you can do is "Power Slide".

Just my own 2 cents.
                Techinically, you can't 'Power Slide' a FF. For it to be called a powerslide, it is required to be sliding under power right?

You can drift anything from high powered cars, to tricycles, to tanks. The definition of drifting is to take the path of least resistance. Doing something like drifting a FWD in a rally cross may be quite different than say Kazama in the D1, but none the less, it's drifting just the same.

And paul, it's up to the drivers preference. Honestly, anything rwd, manual and cheap is good for an early drift car.
                If your asking which would be easier, you'd prolly have a better time with the 240. It's much much lighter, and if the 300 has a turbo, you'd be able to control the power of the 240 much easier if your a beginner.

Comment

yeah

Thank you SOOOOO much
                  im a noob and this is really helping me with how to do things
                  next step is to get out and do it
                  lol

Comment

thanks

Thanks we all appreciate the help man!

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6 View Post
                      fainting= passing out

feinting= making a short usually fake move, used in boxing... eg. He feinted with a jab and hit with a cross... used to describe a feint drift, as you jolt the car one way, to throw the weight that way, then jolt back and drift with MAd TyTE dOrI sKiLLz!

They are different words with differnt meanings... dont confuse them...and just beacuse Gran turismo used a differnt word...dosent mean its right..
                      Ai ai, engrish loxols!!!

Comment

yeah

thats was good enough even though im 15 im a great drifter i drive a subaru wrx sti and it goes 308 hp. i either pop klutch drift , e-brake drift or reg brake drift, it all depends on the turrain and the turn

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
                          The definition of drifting is to take the path of least resistance. Doing something like drifting a FWD in a rally cross may be quite different than say Kazama in the D1, but none the less, it's drifting just the same.
                          That's drifting according to the dictionary, but not drifting according to motorsports. Drifting can only be done in a RWD (or rarely AWD) car. Just because your rear isn't following your front doesn't mean you are drifting. Power sliding isn't drifting either. A power slide is a slide as a result of over accelerating through a turn. Drifting is a slide induced prior to the turn and maintained through throttle control. It was created because in the past it was the fastest way around some corners. Locking your e-brake on a fwd car violates the principles on which drifting was founded. Drifting is about car control at its limits. Locking your rears and pulling yourself with your fronts has nothing to do with car control.

Comment

How do you reckon a legitimate drift.? To me locking handbrake for 1 sec then release then throttle control can also drift. Its just a subjective and personal preference on the methods on initiation of a drift. For me I clutch kick because a handbrake drift doesn't kick out the rear as fast as a clutch kick / feint drift. If its going to be a good and near to perfect drift I tink it has to be

a) As early as possible before the corner to drift. (Drift Straight)
                            b) Don't let your brake lights show; i.e try not to brake ( Ignore weight transistion)
                            c) Feint the drift if you needed the extra momentum.
                            d) after the drift the car should be straight and as little corrective steering as possible.

Thank u

Comment

nice

hey great forum i think this should stik should a mr2 be a good car for driftin'?

Comment

well...

Originally posted by paul View Post
                                240sx vs 300 zx what better for drifting and why ??
                                it matters on the style u like cuz drifting gives you the chance to show what your taste and style is. in my opinion i would choose the 240sx cuz its just the style. if u want a good car tune it yourself, tune it how you want to tune it in any case tune the accel up if you want to do speed drifting. but i think you should balance out the performance for just right drift. but i think the 240sx is better. im not sure on the mr2 cuz im not sure on whether i want to do speed drifting or just have a balanced car but i hope this helps you.

Comment

Working...
                                X