ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEALERCAST LEXUS SC430 - TRD Supercharged Tundra 5.7 3URFE Powered 6 Speed Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEALERCAST LEXUS SC430 - TRD Supercharged Tundra 5.7 3URFE Powered 6 Speed Build

Hey Guys & Gals

Just wanted to update everyone as to the status of the DEALERCAST Lexus SC430. The motor is in and I will be providing regular updates. If you don't know I have taken the complete motor setup out of a 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter 3URFE V8 and have transplanted it into a Lexus SC430. In doing so I am testing two different setups. The first will be getting everything running on the Tundra factory electronics and factory Tundra Automatic Transmission. Should be pretty straight forward and will provide lots of information. The second setup will be using a custom transmission adapter plate, twin plate clutch and stand alone ECU. This too will yield great technical data and will be used in future projects and platforms. Here are some initial pics.

The Motor 3URFE

The Lexus

Engine Running on the ground!!!!! I don't have constant fuel yet to it but will shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWBrVPQsYF0

Comment

the SEMA car is on the homepage

Comment

So as you can see in the photos we have three SC430's. My vision is to have one one the East coast and one on the West. Find some good talent and run Formula Drift without all that cross country driving and expense. We'll see how it goes. The showy Lexus is really just that. PR stuff. Hope you guys like it.

Comment

did u buy the show car from drift emporium? or do u work @ drift emporium?

Comment

Oil Pan Modification

So we had to change the oil pan to front sump. Here are some pics of how we shortened the pickup tube and boxed the front in. Staying with the factory oil pump. Thanks Kyle G. and John.

YOitsJDM, incidentally DE never owned the show SC. It was simply on loan for events and will continue to be a marketing tool.

Comment

Video Clip

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/retcondpWxk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/retcondpWxk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
              Last edited by JoeDrifter; 12-23-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Ok here are some pics of the front sump oil pan installed on the 3URFE. The factory SC430 motor is front sump and because the steering rack is behind the engine cradle or k-member I needed to convert the oil pan to front sump. So with the help from John my brother and Kyle Grob they re-engineered the oil pan. In doing so they shortened the factory pickup tube but maintained the factory oil pump.

Last edited by JoeDrifter; 12-24-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Engine Pics

The Tundra 3URFE with the front sump oil pan and Toyota Racing Development Supercharger installed.

Comment

Installing Engine and Harness

Comment

Complete Tundra Wiring Harness installed

So in my first configuration I have the entire Toyota Tundra wiring harness installed to do a quick run test. Motor started right up. Now I am pulling all of the wiring out to redo it.

Comment

TRD Supercharged Info for the 5.7 Tundra 3URFE

Hey guys just an FYI on the TRD SC. From what I understand it is based on the Magnuson tvs 1900 6th gen.

Here is a pic of the newer redesigned sc lobes. The twin four-lobe rotors feature 160-degree twist improves air-handling, noise, and vibration characteristics over the older 3 lobe 60-degree twist on the left pic.
                        Last edited by JoeDrifter; 12-28-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

who is tuning your car and will it be at FD round 1?

Comment

I don't have a tuner yet. I am hoping to have this done by FD round 1. We'll see if it all comes together.

Comment

Firewall prep

Ok so what I am doing now is opening a section in the Lexus firewall to allow the factory Tundra wiring harness to enter then engine bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X