ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEALERCAST LEXUS SC430 - TRD Supercharged Tundra 5.7 3URFE Powered 6 Speed Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3UR-FE TRD Supercharged Tundra Engine Done! 6 Speed conversion with Exedy Twin Disc!

I finally got the 6 speed transmission adapter plate (in house), Exedy Twin Disc Carbon Kevlar clutch and custom flywheel completed and installed. Motor is now in the car and getting ready to fire up. Also have the AEM installed and almost ready to fire. Will have more photos soon!<br>
    <br>
    Joe
    <br>
    <br>

Comment

90mm TB installed on TRD Supercharger!

Hey guys,

I just mounted the 90mm tb. I still have to bore out the TRD supercharger to 90mm. Will be doing it tonight.

90mm compared to the 75mm OEM.

In this photo you can see the section of the TRD Supercharger that will need to be machined away to take full advantage of the 90mm TB.

Peace! JoeDrifter ~

Comment

The TRD Supercharged and 90MM TB bolted to the 3URFE.

The TRD Supercharger bored to 90mm

The seat brackets made and the floor pedals are set in place. 350z transmission with Exedy twin disc carbon kevlar clutch installed

Trunk mounted radiator, fuel cell over the rear axle

The Tundra's massive quad cam motor barely fits.

The motor as far back as it will go transferring as much weight to the rear as possible. No accessories or cooling will be up front.

Super low seat height. To get CG down I made the rails as low as they can be but still functional.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Today I mounted the tach behind the factory cluster trim. I think it looks great. Also started making a template for our other gauges to be center mounted in the dash on a custom panel. I have a Painless switch panel that we will be installing shortly as well. Tried installing the roof panel and realized that the halo bar on the cage was welded in a not-so-ideal location blocking the front latches. Will have to do something about that soon. Here are some updated photos. I will be using an Iphone app for the speedo.

Door bars IN the doors!

Dash installed and removed about 5 times today. Finally installed the Tach and readying the 6 smaller AEM gauges, Painless switch panel, transmission tunnel and staging brake.

Comment

Updates? damn this forums been deaddd

Comment

Here are a few pics of myself test fitting a prototype FIGS Engineering Pro Angle kit for the SC430!

Comment

Wow that's a lot of angle! I have been wanting to get an angle kit for my street car but dont know how it'll affect the driveability since it is also a dd..any thoughts?overkill ?

Comment

Well Gabe, the Pro Angle kit from FIGS Engineering is is well made. Are you looking to drift your daily? If so then angle helps. Keep it on the track though!

JBA Performance Exhaust Tundra 5.7 Long Tube header installation! - YouTube

I wanted to add that the I needed to move two of the drivers side header pipes to allow for the steering shaft to past through the middle of the down pipes. Pretty crazy but it's what we had do to on the V8 Infiniti G35's we built in the past.

JoeDrifter.com Lexus SC430 Tundra 5.7 3URFE TRD Supercharged! It's ALIVE! - YouTube

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BmIsG73Q1g]JBA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BmIsG73Q1g]JBA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
                  Last edited by JoeDrifter; 12-06-2013, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Just looks like their version of the Wisefab kit.

Comment

So after lots of hard work I actually drove the Lexus out of the shop tonight! The 6 speed and clutch setup felt awesome. The brake however, do need more bleeding. I will be looking over the entire car over the next couple weeks. I will also be making adjustments and hopefully getting Mitch to log into my network and set up these cams on this motor. Super excited and though the video doesn't show much it does show that I did it! I'm so happy

Soon to be at the dyno!
                      JoeDrifter

JoeDrifter.com Lexus SC430 Tundra 5.7 3URFE TRD Supercharged! It's ALIVE! - YouTube

Comment

awesome cant wait to see the video, i cant at work lol.

Comment

Coolant temp sensor and throttle cable arived!

Comment

So the Lexus was moved to my friend Ron Ewerths shop Vision Performance. We are going to do a couple fab things to the SC. While it is there we are going to fab the rest of the exhaust. The JBA Performance Long Tube Headers really turned out awesome. Can wait to get you all some dyno numbers shortly. Had a problem with the previous injectors sizing so we are looking for new injector sponsorship. The cooling system is pretty much done. I need to source a heat exchanger, pump and tank for the SC. Also, need to button up the power steering system. Then off to the dyno.

Joe

Comment

sick stuff! I don't come on here much, but I'm glad my eyes saw this masterpiece.

best of luck to you!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I finally figured out how I wanted to run the oil cooler lines as well as the correct belt size minus the A/C compressor. For now I am going to run the factory oil cooler and see how it works out. Should be fine. I also got the new custom throttle cable in from Control Cables Inc. in Santa Fe Srpings CA. They really have an awsome product. If you are requiring a custom throttle cable these are the guys to call! They will make you the perfect cable at a resonable price! I will have more photos up tonight! I still need to make a throttle cable bracket. Also extended the coolant crossover tube to better direct the coolant exiting the engine. The pipe we are using also has provisions for the coolant cap. Worked out awesome! Special thanks to Cutworm Specialties for the help with some of the fab work!

Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X