X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (NEW JUDGE) ERNIE FIXMER, New FORMULA D JUDGE

Formula DRIFT Announces New Judge;
    One of the Original American Drifters, Ernie Fixmer

LONG BEACH, Calif. – July 8, 2008 – Formula DRIFT has selected Ernie Fixmer, one of the original American drifters, as their new judge for the Series. Fixmer will begin his duties at Formula DRIFT Round 4: High Stakes on July 11-12 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

“Formula DRIFT would like to welcome Ernie to the judging panel and are confident with our decision,” said Jim Liaw, president and co-founder of Formula DRIFT. “Ernie has over 9 years experience with drifting and we look forward to his expertise in elevating the competition in our Series.”

Fixmer first grew his passion for drifting while enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in Okinawa, Japan during the late 90’s. Upon his arrival back to the U.S., Fixmer picked up one of the first major sponsorships of the industry while building his own Nissan 240SX. Fixmer was one of the first Americans to gain a D1 license and continued to hold that license from 2004-2006. He also competed in the Formula DRIFT series in 2004 & 2005. In 2005, Formula DRIFT competitors awarded Fixmer with the “Hardest Working Drifter,” award for his dedication to drifting.

“I am very excited and honored to have been chosen to fulfill this responsibility as a Formula DRIFT judge, and hope that my contributions will help the development of this motorsport, not only in the United States, but internationally,” said Ernie Fixmer, Formula DRIFT judge. “I believe that my experience will help guide my input so that we, as a collective panel of judges, continue to make fair and unbiased decisions.”

Fixmer makes his debut as the new Formula DRIFT judge on July 11-12 for Round 4: High Stakes at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

I coulda predicted it!!!

Between him and calvin wan, those were the only guys I trusted with the job.

Comment

Congrats, Ernie. You did a great job @ NOPI (very fair and honest) and I hope the best for you.

Also, if you're reading this... Let's go KARTING!!!! haha.

Good luck!
      Last edited by Its_just_Yukio; 07-08-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Congrats Ernie!! Great working with you last year at NOPI, you definitely have the knowledge, driving skill, and respect of your peers to make a positive impact with Formula D. I think you'll be a perfect fit for the series!

PS - Does this mean we'll be eating Ceviche after some of the events?

Comment

Ernie Fixmer = Epic Win!

Comment

Congrats Ernie!!

Comment

Formula D finally got their "Fixmer" back

Comment

See you in Vegas Ernie welcome to the FD-amily....
                Peace,
                Jarod

Comment

Hey I know that dude. Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations! I can't wait for your dedicated passion for the sport to take professional drifting into the future.

Comment

I didn't think they would find a judge more strict than Alex.

I stand corrected!

Comment

congrats Ernie, very stoked for you! This is the best choice FD could have made by far!

Ernie Fixmer aka "the truth"

Comment

Now THIS is a move in the right direction. He would have been my choice if it was up to me!

Congrats Ernie!

Comment

congrats ernie

Comment

Congrats to you Ernie!
                              Hubert Young
                              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Working...
                              X