ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited Slip Differential (L.S.D.) FAQ by KAAZ U.S.A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks alot PG that was exactly what i have been looking for

Comment

No problem, guys.

Comment

Kaaz Question

I just purchased a Kaaz 2-way (a week ago) and performed the "break-in" that was suggested by the manufacturer (figure eight pattern). I didn't notice any real chattering during that session, except minor skip/chatter when transitioning from the turn to the straight away part.

The only thing is that it still seems jumpy fairly frequently and a little "clunky" at low speed or engine load. When power is applied, it grabs good and no noise. The torque-steer is a little tricky though (it tries to steer from the back end, driving the nose left). I think that is from my old suspension bushings and/or alignment though.

Does anyone else here have real experience with a Kaaz two-way and can provide more insight into how long it "really" takes to break-in a new one? Could the break-in be done later again to correct jump or chatter? How sensitive are these Kaaz mechanical LSD to torque when new? i.e., can a bad angle fit occur right away?

I know that seems like a lot of questions, but this seems to be the only forum to get the right answers.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Kaaz Question

Originally posted by mjk180
          this seems to be the only forum to get the right answers.
          HAHA it does?

Well what car do you have? To me it sounds like you just need to grow some nuts and get used to the way an LSD feels. If you accelerate enough, the LSD will lock and both wheels will spin at the smae speed, so if you are turning or something, the inside wheel will move faster than it should, thus skipping or chattering (when the diff locks and unlocks in rapid succession). Or if you still have sh1tty stock subframe bushings, you cna be getting wheel hop. ANd if other bushings are stock and worn out such as RUCA or toe arms, etc, your whole upright can move back and forth and shake.

Comment

Believe it or not, I've found more useful tech information here in the last week than I have on most other forums in months and years. It may all be stickies, but believe me, I'm saving all of it in Word files on my computer.

Eventually, I'll have comprehensive car knowledge CD for myself and my friends.

And if I ever want to sell it, don't worry, I'll get the author's permission first.

Comment

I hear you need to rebuild a kazz every year. why is this? i know if you drift you should do that anyways but most lsd's last longer then that

Comment

Ahhhhhhh, I needed that.

Comment

just isntalled the nismo 2 way, did the figure 8 break in, didnt make it that much quieter, but i expected that. get alot of looks when people hear it though"your car is broken dawg"

Comment

Working...
                  X