DRIFTING BAN (PETITION Against This)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRIFTING BAN (PETITION Against This)

Help us spread the words. Tell everyone! Business owner, Parents, anyone! We would really appreciate it.

KEEP MOTORSPORTS ALIVE. KEEP DRIFTING ALIVE.

There is a direct threat to motorsports here in Northern California. The Board of Supervisors of Alameda County is considering a ban the sport of Drifting at Altamont Motorsports Park. Their rationale for this is the perception that drifting is about street racing, drugs, side-shows and gangs… a perception we have always had to fight. Well, here’s our chance to show Alameda County (and the national media) that we are NOT associated with any of these items. Here is our chance to announce that drifting is a legitimate sport that is enjoyed by lawyers, students, engineers, truck drivers, store owners – every possible segment of the community, as well as by women and men.

In the 30+ drifting events previously held in the Bay Area over the last three years, not once have the Police been involved; not once has any driver been seriously injured on the track; and, not once has any controlled/uncontrolled substance been used at any event. It is apparent that Alameda County is unfairly profiling the drifting community. We are being discriminated due to race, age, and gender. Simply because over 80% of our enthusiasts are minorities, young and male, we are classified as "a threat" to the community. In some ways, this is exactly the same “profile” that was applied to drag racers in the 1960’s… which is now an internationally recognized, multi-billion dollar segment of the motorsports community.

Any of us can attest that if Alameda County is successful in banning drifting at Altamont Motorsports Park, it will provide conditions that could do tremendous damage throughout Northern California. Parents, police officers, drift drivers, educators, and business owners agree that if drifting is ban from Altamont Motorsports Park, it will create a condition in the Bay Area that will actually promote illegal street racing and promote other unsafe activities by young people. If drifting is not allowed, where will young drivers practice drifting, road racing, or other forms of motorsports around the Bay Area? And then, what’s next to go? Road racing? Skateboarding? Street rods?

Drifting is yet another form of motorsport in which anyone with an interest can enjoy their love of cars, speed, competition, etc. Altamont Motorsports Park and its new owners have, over the course of the last year, provided us a safe and controlled means to practice and compete. THEY NEED YOUR SUPPORT! OUR SPORT NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT! We need your support to show Alameda County that this is important to us, to the business community, and to our local communities.

How to help:

Send a letter, or fax or e-mail to:
    Alameda County Planning Department
    224 W. Winton, Room 111
    Hayward, CA 94544

e-Mail: chris.bazar@acgov.org
    Fax: 510-785-8793

Mr. Chris Bazar, Planning Director, is a GOOD GUY and a friend to drifters and Altamont Motorsports Park… so don’t take your frustration out on him! Instead, be supportive and positive. In your letter or e-mail, tell Alameda County about your professional background. Tell them how drifting keeps you off the streets. Tell them how safe and controlled the sport is. Tell them how much money you spend (especially in Alameda County) supporting businesses that support drifting and Altamont Motorsports Park. Tell them how you obey traffic rules when traveling to or from Altamont Motorsports Park.

All letters, e-mails and faxes MUST be received by Alameda County by 5:00pm Monday, April 23.

More info at www.driftbattle.org

I really hate it when stupid people try to destroy things that they dont understand.

Im a so-cal guy but Im pulling for you guys up there. Fight the power!!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
      I really hate it when stupid people try to destroy things that they dont understand.

Im a so-cal guy but Im pulling for you guys up there. Fight the power!!
      Maybe you can send an email to your mailing list.

Comment

A simple email coming from your own perspective of why you support drifting.

No need for a story email. Short. and Direct.

Thanks

Comment

done and done. Keep Altamonte alive!!! (and fix the tricky banked turn!)

Comment

How Ghey!

I will send it out with a my blast.

Comment

If it helps, I have Ohio on the horn.

Comment

EMail sent to our users. You need anything AL.. you got my number hollar, ill do what I can from where I'm at.

Comment

Support!! Letter sent!
                  Hubert Young
                  KORE 8 Films

Comment

bump 1234567890

Comment

So...

...You take the drifters off the street and away from traffic, put them in a controlled enviroment with security and emergency personnel, and somehow they're a threat to the general public.

Yeah that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X