ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DRIFT TRUCK" Im gonna Do It!!! Goods and Bads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well like i always say, its not the car its the driver.....

leaf springs are out of the question, read the other post and youll see what track im on...

im sketchin up the rear suspension blue's and for the price i can pick it up i think the only "abnormal expense" will be the exterior mods and front suspension... the rest is just about along the lines of a S13 full conversion SR20 and all... plus originality means alot to me, and the people who see it.

"when I have good idea, i dont like tah let alittle thing like money get in my way. nothin will ever happen that way... haha"
    ~Thrill

"write that down"

late thrill

Comment

I think allot of you are underestamating the potential of this we have worked with this for some time now, and we have started some assembly. And I have seen a truck with IRS and it ran out smooth. I wont post our secrets but good luck.

Comment

I have a video of a guy converting an Skyline R32 into a pickup truck in Japan. He took it to the track and did some drifting.

Comment

Ive seen many r32's and 180's converted. Not my style, but cool for orignality.

Comment

One of my friends put a supra 1jz single turbo in his tacoma. It could do some mad drifting cause the rearend is so damn light he could sling it all over the place. Sucks for emissions legality though.......damn treehuggers.

Comment

my friend andrew owns a 94 nissan d21 hardbody and he has toyed around with the idea of drifting it but can't find a place to get coilovers to replace the leaf springs in the rear. Does anybody know of anybody or anyplace that supplies kits?

Comment

you could always try a racing shop. It may cost you some $$$ to get them to fab it for you but you'd have more choices like using a penske or carrera setup with eyebolts at both ends of the shock. The question is where ya gonna put the top mount? the bottom one's easy you just put the bracket where the center of the leaf spring used to be. I think that would work, not positive though.

Comment

Hey look...my 2 cents!!

I used to be into minitruckin'. I once saw an "underconstruction" truck in a magazine that had a 300zx running gear underneath the body. Wasn't finished but still cool.

Maybe try a cantelever rear end, through and between the rear fender wells. Body drop the bed floor some, or notch it out for the pumpkin? Molded rear tailgate/rollpan combo w/r 34 tails molded in???

You bet yur a$$ I'm feelin' it doggy!!

We have the technology, we can make it stronger, faster, better than any other mini on the planet...

Comment

OH YEAH like some of the minitruckers got for thier bags or hydro setups but using coilovers intstead. that could definitely work. That's what you're talking about isn't it?

Comment

Yeppers!!

That's exactly what I was thinking!!

Just use one of those premanufactured rear ends for minitruckin, they come with a step-notch and bag mounts, and also either 4-link or leaf spring. You'd just have to rig-up a linkage for the cantelevers, but so. Have the coilovers laying down horizontally across the bed. Oh man I can see it.

Comment

that would be SWEEEEEEET that and I've never seen it done before on a street car.

Comment

I bet you would pick up a lot of style points for this at events.
                          Last edited by prodigy; 12-14-2003, 11:48 PM.

Comment

re: "RRIFT TRUCK" Im gonna Do It!!! Goods and Bads?

Originally posted by SlideRoadster
                            Ive lost many hours of sleep, thinking of what it would be like to have a driftin-mini truck. i can see it all now...

a Nissan Hardbody 95-96 with a SR-20DET black top under the hood.... slam it down with all the driftin-fixins.... a crazy "cab to bed" Role cage and an IRS setup in the rear... R34 rear tail lights and S-13 front 3-projectors flush into the face of the truck.... anybody feelin me? how bout some feed back im actually finally startin this project and just wanna know how itll go over fan wise. i belive itll drift well with a little weigh balancin hmm we'll see...
                            Thrill
                            to be continued
                            "R34 rear tail lights and S-13 front 3-projectors flush into the face of the truck.... anybody feelin me?" <---bad.

it'll look like a ricer truck.. so sorry..

oh yeah.. Weight distribution will be off.

my $0.02.

Comment

Re: Re: &quot;Drift Truck&quot; Im gonna do it!!!! goods and bads?

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                              it'll look like a ricer truck.. so sorry..

oh yeah.. Weight distribution will be off.

my $0.02.

Dude it's SUPPOSED to be rice, that's what makes it funny!!! A facking Drift truck, that's hilarious!!

You can still drift something even if it doesn't have an "optimal" weight distribution

But I figure with all the fabrication, and new mounts and coilovers, and the step notch set up, should all be good for a weight increase. Not only that but you ditch the factory fuel tank for a bed mounted fuel cell, and relocate the battery to the bed.

Ok, who's next, who else thinks it can't be done???

Comment

i had this drift truck idea 2 years ago, i was about to do it too, but i flipped my truck off roading...haha

you could put on rear of other cars on; i seen tacomas with supra and rx7 rear ends...or you can just do a 4 link with full bags, just make the bags really stiff when you drift. The chassis is gonna flex so you need to stiffen the bed up a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X