ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DRIFT TRUCK" Im gonna Do It!!! Goods and Bads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you've ever bagged a mini truck, the easiest way in my opinion, is a 4 link in the rear. If you know what you're doing you could make it a solid 4-link, and use coil overs in place of airbags. I'm working on a functional design right now.

Comment

jes remove the back canopy of a s13 or skyline. yes, the skyline truck has been done and its ugly (yes, as in ugly, not ugly T!tE y0s)

Comment

I have to put this whole mess to rest. visit this link and see pictures of me drifting my 02 tacoma. its lowered 4 inches all around with regular kyb gas-a-just shocks. learn to drive a truck then adjust the truck where needed. Vaughin Gittin Jr (falken tire pro driver) drove it a few weeks back and all he said i should do is adjust tire pressures in the back and eventually get a new better clutch.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/driftcoma

Comment

From the video's I've seen at ImportFanatiX, Toy holds it down pretty well.

The Drift Truck has been born!

-MR

Comment

well.. i tired drifting for my first time ever...
            and i just happen to drive a mini truck..

for my first time, i got a lot of comments on how well i was doing..
            i dont ave vids yet.. but here are some pics i uploaded..

http://www.rushbaby.xeonstarr.com/narush/truck/CDD

Comment

Hey people I am new to the website but I just have something to say I have been drifting in my f150 for like 2 years now. I have learned i need more power and i need a drop. It seems although my truck is not meant to drift but i am defying those laws by drifting in it no matter what. However learning was a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* and money worth. I lost a rim and blew my motor drifting. It seems my motor could not take the harsh shifting and revving. So I still have the same Straight 6 in it but now i have a huge monster tach, a double core radiator, water temp gauge, air\fuel ratio guage, and some 16 inch rims on it now. It seems although i still need a drop and too keep my motor more cooler. Seeing i live in houston and seeing the El Camino drift made me mad. I wanted to be the first truck drifter but it seems THat derek had more money and more skills than me and so i respect him. but hopefully next season i have enough money to enter Driftshowoff when it comes back and show derek some competition although i will have less power. anyways i will see yall on the track soon.

Comment

Originally posted by fordamaniac69
                seeing the El Camino drift made me mad. I wanted to be the first truck drifter but it seems THat derek had more money and more skills than me and so i respect him. but hopefully next season i have enough money to enter Driftshowoff when it comes back and show derek some competition although i will have less power. anyways i will see yall on the track soon.
                what the helldoes that mean? just because he entered a "big time" event doesnt make him the first pick up drifter. and i dont care what anyone says, those el caminos and ford rancheros are not pickups. a pick up has a cab and a bed.
                what year is you f150, the older ones are a pain to lower because of the i beam set up they use in the front but i am sure it shouldnt be to hard since you can just pick up a mag and start ordering all kinds of crap for it. show some pictures.

Comment

All of this ego crap, needs to stop. With the "first drifting trucks" and these hopes of being better than people and dissing people. Im not a mod, but I'd like to let everyone know that this is supposed to be a community. Yes you can drift a truck, its not that big of a deal, competition in a truck is a bit different, how so? Its more difficult than riding along in a 240SX! I have a '00 Frontier with a VLSD dropped with some custom springs for a slightly stiffer ride, with no real intention of making this a competition drift truck. Ive been out there putting this things into power overs and shift locks for a while, so please don't start with this "im a pioneer stuff." Just know that yes its possible to drift a truck, be happy with what you drive, and drive the hell out of it. I think a more conventional vehicle like an FC3S, or S13 would be much easier, but if you want to drift a truck, then by all means drift a truck. Just come on people, drifting is not drag racing, or street racing, if you got an ego...I beg you, do not bring it into this sport.

Comment

word yo!

i get my license back today!

Comment

huh

Comment

IT's a 1995 straight 6 basically stock.

Comment

Who cares who was first, all of you get better and get out there. I love Truck Drifting and think that you guys rock.

Comment

Originally posted by fordamaniac69
                            IT's a 1995 straight 6 basically stock.
                            5 speed? short bed? stepside? you need atleast a 6/8 drop. are those 6s overhead cammed?? maybe yuoo should do a custom turbo for it if you have the funds. or do a custom swap with a 2JZte from a supra. or since its a big pickup, drop in a Ford crate big block. you could also, if you dont care, have a fuel cell placed just behind the rear axle after lowering the truck (so you know how low you can mount the fuel cell safely) and installing a 4 link and custom QA1 coil overs at all four corners.
                            And to everyone else, instead of Us (pickup truck drifters) being know as either the first guy(s) to drift trucks or what ever, i would rather be known as one of the guys to get advice from when thinking about drifting a truck

Comment

I've seen a clip of Kazama drifting a tow-truck. Entertaining but gets boring quick. In my opinion, seriously drifting a truck is a waste of talent and money that could be spent on a platform that better suited for drifting. People or so geared toward being different that they forget to get better.

Comment

HAHA someone brought my post back from the dead...

i think the art and overall look of this truck is what should be focused on. back then it was totally unique to talk about drifting a truck, let alone a custom truck...

That white toyota has my approval but still nowhere near where this project would go if reality was now.. no, its not unbelievably crazy simple to do actually just my money goes somewhere else..

And that RX-7 rearend is the way to go deffinatly looks so perfect to...

I hate when extended cabs try to pull that s.hit off it just looks bad. and no offense but the Elk Drift is just sad.

thanks for finding this thread for me guys...

Thrillz
                                Last edited by SlideRoadster; 08-10-2004, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X