How do I start Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I start Drifting?

Aight, iam only 16 and i have been into this drifting scence for about like 2 years now.
    Iam getting a car reall soon, most likly gonna be a 240sx/S13 91
    which is 3gs canadian.
    I have 6gs so ill have 3gs left over. That would be enough for an sr20det, or should i get tires, coilovers, etc.....
    Or should i go stock at first ??

How do i start ? do i just go to a parking lot and start E-BRAKING it ??? or should i go find some tight roade so i can learn GRIP/TOUGE..

What should i do ???
    DOES ANYONE WANNA TEACH ME ????????????lol

???????

Comment

start stock, get to know how your car handles, then when you get that down, i'd spring for coilovers

Comment

I would say, to take care of the suspension first. Make sure that the brakes are good. Make sure the rotors aren't warped or cracked. Get some good brake pads...front and rear. Maybe some braided lines wouldn't hurt. I don't think coilovers are necesary either. Some well matched springs and dampers should do just fine. There are plenty of guys here with 240s and Sylvias. I'm sure they could point you in a more precise direction, and keep you within your budget.

Comment

thanks man, or i just spend all my money on a car maybe 214 95 or something.... i duno tho

HELP ???

Comment

I'm looking for an S14 as well. I just want something newer, especially since it is going to double as my daily driver. I'm going to be on a tight budget also...and I know right now that I'm not going to have coilovers, and I'm not going to to have an SR20DET. But I do have a good understanding of cars, and I am mechanically inclined and creative. So think it I will be ok. I don't think it is necesary to build a clone of Kazamas' or Taniguchis' Sylvias for me to have fun.

Comment

yea man tight budget is the problem
              a lot of peoples have 240's but i MIGHT want something else but not shure what...
              But i love 240sx's

Should i touge before drifting?

Comment

Do what you feel like. I started touge first, and ended up learning how to drift there. But that's just me. Parking lot is a faster method.

Comment

learn to drive before you touge OR drift

Comment

Well yeah

Comment

i would just drive it around and get used to whatever car you're getting..take it to the track and test it or something...i think drifting is safer than touge cuz you dont have a mountain to fall off of..unless you have big balls and drift the touge...they're two somewhat different categories...touge is mainly grip and drift is drift

Comment

go to the drifting messageboard on this site and read Drifting 101 parts one, two and three

Comment

yea thanks for the help
                          i think i would be pretty good at driving because i have been racing go karts since i was 6 and i kinda got the feel of going fast but your right i have to get better at driving before i go on the touge or drifting.

thanks a lot ppl

Comment

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
                            go to the drifting messageboard on this site and read Drifting 101 parts one, two and three
                            Check out my signiture new guy. And please, have plenty of normal driving experience in your car before trying anything drifting related. And never try anything on a moutain road. Dont even try to take them in your S14, take mom's van or something if you want to see the sights. But until you have alot of experience the motuains are very dangerous, even just driving semi hard.

Comment

My advice to you is to take your cart and get on the street in front of your house. Get 20 of your friends to hide along that street and throw things at you like teddy bears to simulate animals or shopping carts to simulate Granny Gail whipping it out of the Church parking lot on Sunday feeling invincible after speaking to God. That would come close to what it is really like on the street. Craziness. Get good at that and then you may be ready to hit the big time.

So, get god at regular driving, real good, before trying to make the rear of your car surpass the front of it. If not you might end up in a twisted pile of metal wishing that you had never heard the word Drifting or worse, your parents might just take you sweet baby away.

Comment

Working...
                              X