Starion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starion

hey! i would like to know more info on a starion/conquest. specs or whatever. are they any good for drifting? and last i would love some pics. thanks!!

Same here as well. I don't care much for specs but maybe if they are still used today in Japan for drifting. I love the wide body ones.

Comment

a guy i meet drives one, dont know much about it, ill poke and prod him to find out more

Comment

They are pretty good cars..All i know about the engine is that its prone to crankwalk..Never really looked into these cars too much, although i have been interested in them before. They have turbo's too..

Comment

My first car!!

I love them!!
          My first car was a 88 Conquest TSI =)

Comment

My friend owns a starion and he let me try to drift it. The car felt okay to drift with...his power was nice (upgraded intercooler, independent computer, upgraded turbo, etc.) the only problem I had was with the suspension. In which he only had drop springs. If he had maybe better struts, a bigger rear sway bar, and a better tire size set up the car would have been pretty good.

Comment

That can kind of be said for any car though.

Comment

Starions can make nice power, and the retro styling is unmatched!

If I only had a garage...

-MR

Comment

Starions are not eclipses and have almost nothing in common with them except for the fact that the early narrow bodies had a SOHC 4G63 in them. Thats it. So that means they are not prone to crankwalk. I own one, I drift one, I love it.

Yes in their day the suspension was awsome. The starion ESI-R came from the factory with 8way adjustables, LSD, 4wheel disc brakes and 16x8f & 16x9 rims. Problems is most still have that stock suspension. If you get one plan on doing some updating.

Comment

I was looking at picking up a starion/conquest before, this is the most comprehensive site i was able to find for them. the starquest club

Their forums are awesome too.

My first post sucked...

oh yeah, cardomain.com is the place to go if youre looking for pictures, and i cant remember if it was a quest or a starion, but somebody of the guys on there drifts one.
                    Last edited by FiveLiterBeater; 06-03-2004, 07:06 AM.

Comment

my uncle has one they are nice cars if u tune them right i'll try to get some pics of it

he has alot done to it

Comment

here is a pic of his engine i think the turbo is an upgraded t3/t4
                        Attached Files

Comment

here are some other pics

www.starquestclub.com & www.tristarion.com Both have loads of info.

Comment

starions are ill! i wanted one but i couldnt find one that was in decent condition. its like a super hachi. lol. thats how i always looked at it.

but i believe that they have eletrical problems in some of'em.

but that club that was already mentioned is a good place. i read up on that car for months.

Comment

thats so whack. like a month ago, i posted pretty much the same topic on driftcentral (yeah, marshun, you were there)...i'm getting tired of my s12, and looking for another platform. they have decent aftermarket support..and if you get bored, you can always swap a 4g63 into it. not the easiest thing, but possible.
                              Last edited by capitalking; 06-06-2004, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X