"What Car to Get" Thread (BEGINNERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What Car to Get" Thread (BEGINNERS)

Here's another heads-up for the n00b's of the forums. If you're looking for a good drift car or a daily driver that's adequate to drift then listen up.

Cash Load:
    $1,000 just for the Car
    -TE72 Corolla
    -Earlier Generation Celica's Supra's that are FR
    -Earlier generation rx-7's
    -S12's and possibly S13's
    -If you're up for a challenge a 1984 Cressida[Top speed 85 MPH]

$5,000
    -AE86 Corolla's[Very pricey]
    -3rd gen supra's [89's]
    -180SX[240SX FB]
    -Second Gen RX-7
    -S14's range around this area of you're pretty good at your resources. [96' 240SX]

$10,000
    -S14 with S15 Conversions
    -FD RX-7 can go as low as 10,000
    -Modded 96' Supras can go as low as 10,000
    -300ZX's are pretty nice around this area

Throw in more if you'd like

$3000 for car and taxes

1985/86 Corolla GT-S (with luck)*1
    1989-93 240SX (hatch or coupe)*2
    1986-91 RX-7 (excepting Turbo versions)
    Late 80s-Early 90s Cressida
    5.0 Mustangs
    5.0 Camaros

*1 Club4AG.com has all the information you'll need.
    *2 Check Nissanguy's 240SX thread for more information or visit zilvia.net, club240sx.com, freshalloy.com, or nissaninfinityclub.com. Just remember to search what you want first or else you'll get reamed.

All these cars are drifted by members of drifting.com.

Comment

I like the price break down, Should help, Someone should put a link to this in the newbie thread.

Comment

Miata

Comment

the drift craze is making those prices skyrocket right now....

i met one 16 year old kid who had an 89 240 hatch, that had a fuel leak, tons of body damage, cracked dash, gutted interior, bald tires, and 172000 miles on stock engine.... he wanted 4500!!!! i talked to him for a while and then he said he wouldnt go below 3000.....

had my nismo veteran friend with me who knows his stuff in and out... said the car was worth about 1500... and would need at least 2 grand in repairs before we could begin modding.....

so watch out for these kids that automatically jump the price a couple grand cause the car is getting popular. but ultimately the car is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. if rich kids are willing to pay more now, well , there goes the cars for the rest of us.... im still looking for a clean stock 91 to 93 240 to jump on

Comment

if you want true japanese cars you could go to true cars! of course remember the price is gonna be higher by the time you import them though!

Comment

This Thread is for beginners kiddo

Comment

That S12 isn't going to work out so well... Virtually no aftermarket support in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                  This Thread is for beginners kiddo
                  From Sig:
                  1JZ Single Turbo Toyota Cressida 1989, Tein suspension, HKS ball bearing turbo and exhaust kit, Kid's heart wing. Next upgrade: Flourescent pink paintjob.
                  not to call you out, but when did you get all those upgrades...

last time i checked you were still rolling: http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=4605

Comment

coupla months back, my dad got the engine from a junkyard or something because it got torn out of a supra, i started to do most of my own stuff, the tranny still aint set yet. the wing and the suspension str8 from japan, my dad also got the hks stuff on special order. the benefits of having a mechanic as a family member

Comment

throw some pics up in the pics section.

back to the topic, sorry folks...

Comment

Id like to see ur cressida all modded

Comment

no cam unfortunately, my fundings were cut short due to the pricey costs of these items

Comment

are you 15 or something?

we are calling BS on this...

http://www.toyotacressida.com/forum/...pic.php?t=4216

Comment

no, anyways i jacked the sig from tofuboi whoever the hell that is

Comment

Working...
                              X