Looking for Decent Drift Car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Decent Drift Car...

Looking for decent drift car...will have around 2k to spend so nothing very modified... ae, 240, fc or supra maybe ^_^, 5 speed preferably. Cressidia converted to a 5 speed *dreams*? Would even look at less conventional american rwd, but only if they had a BIG weight reduction. I know that i dont have much cash so dont flame plz, just seeing what responses i get. BTW i live in northern california...so if your from florida...dont get my hopes up... *sighs*. 87 supra modded to TT...very disapointing...
    Last edited by akira411; 08-04-2004, 02:22 PM.

Why would you want a BIG weight reduction. A 90 model LX notchback weighs in at less than a 240 SE. Just a little more than a reg 240 and about 600lbs less than a mark III Supra Turbo. Plus it gets the same gas mileage as a Supra turbo and pulls the same on the skidpad. You might want to rethink, just because it's Japanese doesn't mean it's the end all. Oh and let's not forget cheaper than a Supra, more aftermarket than a Supra AND parts to mod it are cheaper as well. Open your eyes.

Comment

sorry if im not up on the smaller rwd american cars...most of the ones ive seen have out weighed anything driftable (by me)... this is a mustang right? didnt realize they were lite. more aftermarket then a supra? hmmm...supras are some of the most moddable sports cars around...able to real 1000+ horses...
      Last edited by akira411; 08-04-2004, 04:35 PM.

Comment

and also...this doesnt really fit my price range... i have investigated most cars that do...most mustangs of this type in good condition are 4500+.

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=6799

Here, Im in socal im selling my FC.

here's the link to the pics

http://crashdrive.50megs.com/pics

Comment

Ok, let's address these one by one.

Moddable. Um, why don't you pick up a Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords mag. There are Mustangs at 1000 HP too. It's all how much you want to play. Getting ANYTHING to 1000 hp is going to take the cash. You can build the bottom end, put heads on it, cam, thicker head gaskkets, put a Twin Turbo system on that engine and pull 1000. The Supra is not in a class all by itself in that category. Besides, when are you EVER going to need 1000 HP? Never. The most you will need is 300 - 350. After that, it's just wasted power.

Price. You are looking in the wrong places if you think Mustangs are over 4500. There's one in my Autotrader right now. 1990 Mustang Coupe, Exhaust, new paint, 302, 5 spd 2600 bucks. They are everywhere. You can get them already built for under 4500. I wouldn't suggest going with the 85 and older as they were carbeurated and not as good as the injected ones. But 85 used to be the most powerful year model produced. Plus building them is dirt cheap AND you can go to ANY Autozone, Pep boys or Advance and get anything you need for that engine should it break down at an event. Not like the Supra, where your Drifting salvation may be 2-5 days away by special order truck. It just makes sense. See, the only people that don't want American cars in Drifting are the Americans. Which is pretty stupid. Also, what happens should you wreck it and need a fender? Why any old junkyard from here to Texarcana is going to have that fender, or rear end, or transmission, or engine, or front spindle, or oil pan. Not so with the Supra.

Weight. We are talking the Fox body Mustangs here not the new body style. You get into some more weight there, but still not as heavy as the Supra. The Supra weighs in at a chubby 3500 lbs give or take a couple lbs. Thats 200 lbs more than the Fox body Convertible. That's pretty heavy. Matter of fact that is only 300 lbs less than a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1/2 pickup truck and 475 lbs less than a base 2000 Ford Explorer Sport. Get the picture. Now let's move to the new body style Supra. 3515 lbs there. Ouch. That's a Super Grand Buffet sitting right there, unbuckle the button Grandpa before you take somebody's eye out.

So, what it all boils down too is this. American car's are not the straightline, non-handling, piles of poo that everyone thinks they are. They can handle, they can Drift and they are affordable. Plus, insurance is the same too. So the Mustang will handle with the Mark III Supra, 10Hp less, same gas mileage, smaller dimensions, 600 lbs lighter and a plush, fat torque curve perfect for Drifting, unlike the Supra. So be a trailblazer, get an American car and go Drifting. Break out of the Mule Train.
            Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-04-2004, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I know the mustang can get that much hp too but the way you put it earlyer it sounded as if you wanted me to think there were no mods for the supra...and i kno the supra is a heavy car, its just my favorite car...and that is the only reason id want one...even if it would be hard for me to drift. And why are you even posting here? Do you have a car to sell, no, your just flaming my ideas for cars...buy a mustang and post it here, then ill talk to you...

Comment

cash how many miles, and exactly how "gutted" is it? Cause i think i saw the seats for sale aswell...kinda interested...tho was hoping it was a t2

Comment

Originally posted by akira411
                  cash how many miles, and exactly how "gutted" is it? Cause i think i saw the seats for sale aswell...kinda interested...tho was hoping it was a t2
                  The back is gutted. But the sound dampening is still intac. The original spare is still there. But I dont have the stock jack and tools anymore. There's no radio/speakers or any kind of entertainment ammenities.
                  I was going to do a sleeper on the car. With S5 T2 conversion with FMIC so I dont use the T2 Hood w/ scoop. With T2 engine / Tranny / drive shaft/ rear end. I would say you'll spend another $3000.00 or cheaper for a S5 conversion.

I like the SE. They look harmless But If I followed through. It would've been a beast

EDIT:
                  SDROTARY (also from SD) is selling a RHD FC T2, complete with the rear end.
                  here's the link
                  http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=6984

So. 1500 for a shell + 2500 for a front clip = $4000.00 beast
                  damn. my AE86 cost about the same and it's N/A he he
                  Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 08-05-2004, 08:53 AM.

Comment

HAHAHAHA....man why are ae's soo expansive...they should be $200 running well(exageration)...but ive seen them gor for 4000+....thats sooooo ugly. Im going to keep looking but i will contact you later.

Comment

HAHAHAHA....man why are ae's soo expansive...they should be $200 running well(exageration)...but ive seen them gor for 4000+....thats sooooo ugly. Im going to keep looking but i will contact you later.
                      86s are old. They need to be brought back up to factory spec before upgrading.

Comment

Heh, first off smart guy. I have a car, 2 of them to be exact. If you want to see photo's look around. Second of all, I am not flaming your ideas, Never once did I "Flame" you. So get that straight too. I merely tried to open your obviously closed eyes to what else was out there. If you want a Supra, go for it. Spend your money how you like but if you think that asking for peoples advice then getting smart with them when they give it to you is going to make you some friends around here, you'd better think again.

As for not having a car to sell, matter of fact I do, but you can't afford it so I was going to help you out since my brother has 2 86's and a couple 240's sitting down at his shop right now outside of Atlanta, oh and he also makes custom parts for both of the cars such as but not limited to, suspension, fuel, turbo kits, engine mounts and so on and so forth. But then again, what do I know and what do I have to help you. I guess nothing. No need to talk to me further. Have fun dude.
                        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-05-2004, 12:04 PM.

Comment

good thing i dont live near atlanta...and i know aes need to be broght back to life...but you still shouldnt have to spend that much on one. Prices are just getting inflated because of high demand.

Comment

good thing i dont live near atlanta...and i know aes need to be broght back to life...but you still shouldnt have to spend that much on one. Prices are just getting inflated because of high demand.
                            I think you need to check your shopping list bro. A car + parts will cost you $$$.

and if you do it half A$ s, you'll get what you paid for.
                            I don't do half As$ job. I only work with quality in mind. I would like to see you build a AE86 without going over $4000.00 and it's driftable and reliable with no rust and other problems.

I think you are what's called a "low baller". Trying to get your sh!tz for low price by expressing your opinion that it's should be a lower price. Supply and demand my friend.

Also, who said motorsport is cheap? Motorsports is the most expensive sport in the world. Nobody can be a pro or better without financial help.

If you're not willing to spend the $, I think you're in a wrong sport bro.

Wait a minute how old are you anyways?
                            Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 08-05-2004, 01:10 PM.

Comment

how about a S12 silvia (200sx) or a 1st gen SA22 rx7? his price range is only 2k ppl?

Comment

Working...
                              X