FC Engine Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC Engine Questions

Looking at an NA FC3S. Will the 13BT from an Fc fit right into the NA car? What is needed, and the biggest question, will it be smog legal? Does the 13btt from the FD swap right in, or are there clearence issuses?

Re: FC Engine Questions

Originally posted by Chas
    Looking at an NA FC3S. Will the 13BT from an Fc fit right into the NA car? What is needed, and the biggest question, will it be smog legal? Does the 13btt from the FD swap right in, or are there clearence issuses?
    Just like my CHAS?
    Can't wait to see it

I think the SWAP would be okay (not sure, im new on the rotary myself).

What year are you thinking of getting?

Comment

13B from the FD shoud go in just fine, but there is also a twin turbo kit made for the na or T2 FC that might be a cheaper choice.

Comment

The FD motor has different motor mounts so it will require modification
        The FC T2 motor will fit in but wont fit the NA tranny. You'll need a T2 tranny.

Comment

You will need a front clip from a turbo II to do the swap correctly..because you're replacing basically everything in the engine bay..Its about the same cost as swapping an SR20 into a 240..Maybe a little more. check out www.rx7club.com in there 2nd gen section of the forums..they have a FAQ that is really helpful.

Comment

You dont need the front clip to do it. The N/A and T2 clips are exactly the same. Just pop the N/A motor out and pop the T2 in along with the drivetrain. Of coarse change the ECU etc as well.

Comment

RE:

Originally posted by FC3S
              The FD motor has different motor mounts so it will require modification
              The FC T2 motor will fit in but wont fit the NA tranny. You'll need a T2 tranny.
              You're not saying that the FD's motor WOULD fit the N/A tranny, are you?

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                You're not saying that the FD's motor WOULD fit the N/A tranny, are you?
                Well technicly the N/A tranny will fit the T2 motor (with minor modification) as well as the FD (i think) but i figured they were smart enough to know that the N/A tranny cant handle the HP gains.

Comment

once upon a time, i heard from a friend of mine that the sr20 will fit in the fc, i dunno, ive only seen it happen once though

Comment

Yes an SR20 would fit. Ppl put V8s in them so while there isnt as much room as in the FD, there is plenty of room. The tranny in the NA is even different from the tranny in the turbo FCs. Id suggest a TII swap (with tranny). The FD will go in but with quite a bit more modification. The FD inner fenderwells are shallower to save weight and the mounts are different. Dilandu do you have a link to that turbo kit for the NA FCs? Id really like to see it. I hear Vortech (I think but maybe Jackson Racing) was gunna develope a supercharger for the NAs but I dont know if that has happened yet. FC3s.org and automotiveforums.com/f300.html are two really good sites to check out for FC questions and concerns.

Comment

RE:

Sweet. Great info.

Comment

i thought gtu (87-88) had Tii trans just not gxl or base. anyways chas you should get a Tii probably since it also has better diff than base model, it has better brakes, and if you are thinking of a series 4, then also you want to make sure it is a five-lug (non-base)

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
                          The tranny in the NA is even different from the tranny in the turbo FCs. Id suggest a TII swap (with tranny). The FD will go in but with quite a bit more modification.
                          Didnt i already say this just in less words?? And once again if you change to the T2 you'll need the whole driveline not just the tranny

Comment

and why wouldnt it be better to get a clip? You cant just buy a turbo core and slap it in..Cause thats just the core..If you get a clip, you get the core..the turbo everything under there and the drivetrain..Clip is the best way to go, Ask anyone who really knows FC turbo swaps.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                              X