Sr20 motor in a datsun fairlady z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sr20 motor in a datsun fairlady z?

i was thinking of this swap, but i got the hachi instead... - pretty sick... huh?

There's a couple 240z RB swaps as well as some VG30 swaps, but there are tons and tons of chevy swaps. There's actually 3 people I know of locally that have swapped a chevy 350, the power from that motor and the lightweight of the 240z makes it a damn fast car

Comment

word on the small block that swap is probobly the scariest drive I have ever did. Did a 283 with a 600 holly and a m21 munci had the driveshaft made and used the Z rear the thing would go. But way back then I wasnt into drift just doin monster burnouts. and Drag racin every thing that pulled up beside. Right now Im thinkin about the 350tpi and R 700 swap in one of my sils.

Comment

As of today.. there has only been about 6 SR20DET swaps into S30 chassis... as we know of.....

and very very few VG30DETT engine swaps....

however the RB26DETT and RB25DET swaps are very common lately...

it costs about $12,000 either way around... due to the custom fabiraction and mounting and stuff...

Comment

theres a company on the net the makes 350 convershion kits for $200 for a 280zx.

Comment

that picture is not of a 240z, its of a datsun roadster.

Comment

that picture is not of a 240z, its of a datsun roadster.
              Was just gonna say that.

Seen several swaps in the bay area, on both cars. With the S30, you name any engine, and most likely it will fit. I prefer a Nissan I6 though, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by cronicdrifter
                theres a company on the net the makes 350 convershion kits for $200 for a 280zx.
                good job on reviving a thread back from 2004

hey look dx hahaha..ahhh some of you wont get it

Comment

Working...
                X