No announcement yet.

1jz-gte powered 240's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you guys change your spring rates to compensate for the heavier 1JZ/2JZ up front? The only info I've been able to gather is from Kuroi's 1.5JZ in a S13 with 16K front and 7K rear springs. I'm trying to get my 1JZ S14 together and want to get the suspension dialed in. Any suggestions for spring rates?

Comment

Each car has to be dialed according to power and driver preference...I prefer it soft and able to absorb bumps. I have driven a few cars that were setup according to Japanese driver's preference, being stiff. I would imaging a 240 needing stiffer springs up front, but not so crazy like Kuroi's setup. I also prefer a stock sway bar to no swaybar.
      Hope this helps,
      Ernie
      Ernie Fixmer
      Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
      Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

Nah, I never made any drastic changes to the car with the exception of installing the Apex'i N1 EXV suspension on my car. The Car handled well all around nd saw both daily driver, Night time street creeper duties and plently of fun at track events. Even Dukes of Hazard my car once where the 14 and 14 truck route split...Never blew that stuff out....

I personally don't really care and think that alot of that stuff until your competing at a redonkulous level is necessary (Spring rates) and is all psychological plecebos (Sp?). Like sugar pills for hypochondriachs. I'm of the belief that a driver of any value can compensate for what there car is lacking.
        Mind you I was and am a die-hard Hachi-Roku guy.
        I've had these discussions before and really most guys will never exceed driving their car from one parking lot meet to the next, so no to say this is you but I wouldnt get to extreme with it all.

I think like 12K in front and 8k in rear is fine. actually I think thats almost a skylines street set-up anyways. Weight wise alos tthe same.

**Liability disclaimer -I would recommend getting the sway bar.

Comment

Working...
        X