No announcement yet.

How did everyone get into drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe me I am going to be pounding out that dent out of my passenger side fender just like every other true drifter on this forum, but I just don't want to be washing off someones blood right before I start pounding because I was careless. I think that sums up in my own words what the guys with experience are trying to get through to the amateur drifters.

Comment

how it began

When I was younger about 4 to 3 years ago I say a movie about a lancer evo racing. I fell in love with that car. That made me interested in rally racing with evo's. And that is what turned me to drifting. I still love evo's 4wd but I love drifting more. Everyting else is history.

Comment

Option

Comment

For me I always loved to go fast as I could. The fast the better. I started going through sharp turns by sliding and going side was so I could keep from loose speed. All my friends had faster excalerating cars then me so if I slowed down in the turns it was all over. Later on i found that it was called drifting and there was so much more to learn. Shortly after that i moved to albuquerque nm from KC MO. when i got here i saw the huge mountian and been trying to master it ever since.

Comment

I've been into the "scene" for about 8 years now. I 've been into drifting for about 2 years but was only actually able to get ahold of an FC about six months ago. Most of the drifting I'd done up until that point had been in other people's cars.

Comment

stumbled on a drifting vid, i donno how, it was a gift sent by god

Comment

all i have to say is go-karts! me and my cousin got gokarts for christmas one year (when i was seven) i am now 14 and still have go-karts. we started slidin em back then and doing donuts and eventually learing to control slides then withmy newest baby (a susension kart) i have put stiff coilovers in the back and tightend up the front and can "drift" in the dirt or would this be considerd rally i dont know but that is me i now have a 87 300zx that i dont know what do with i dont have a license or permit but my parents let me drive it on the back roads of texas and i can get it sideways but i have heard that they are not good drift cars because they are so heavy, oh well do you think a z32 as they call them is to heavy to drift?

Comment

Wow talk about an old thread. This thing died and came back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by superredhellcat
                    all i have to say is go-karts! me and my cousin got gokarts for christmas one year (when i was seven) i am now 14 and still have go-karts. we started slidin em back then and doing donuts and eventually learing to control slides then withmy newest baby (a susension kart) i have put stiff coilovers in the back and tightend up the front and can "drift" in the dirt or would this be considerd rally i dont know but that is me i now have a 87 300zx that i dont know what do with i dont have a license or permit but my parents let me drive it on the back roads of texas and i can get it sideways but i have heard that they are not good drift cars because they are so heavy, oh well do you think a z32 as they call them is to heavy to drift?
                    i dont think z32s are not good for drifting just because they are heavy. you gotta practice till you can get good at it just like nomuken and ueno they practiced with there skylines and soarers. and i can drift my z33 with practice it will be easy

Comment

It's awesome....

..to see someone rockin a Z. I've got a Z32 TT that's all fawked up right now, but I'm gonna try and learn a thing or two when it gets fixed. I could definantly use some advice, seeing as how I don't know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about tuning a drifter(or tuning anything for that matter). Any suggestions/tips on suspension?

Comment

been watching option video for awhile, when they had the first drift showoff like last year and i got to see it in person thats when i knew thats what i wanted to do

Comment

i GOT STARTED ABOUT 2YEARS AGO WHEN IGOT MY FIRST TASTE OF INITAL D, BEFORE IT CAME OUT REDONE IN AMERICA THE STUFF TAK" WAS DOING IN HIS AE86 WAS GREAT, SO I STARTED PLAYING AROUND IN MY VEHICLES AND AT THE TIME ALL I OWNED WAS AN ISUZU 90PUP MINI SO THATS WHERE MY ROOTS STARTED. aFTER THAT I STARTED GETTING AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE TO FURTHER MY KNOWLEDGECOLLECTING OPTION AND DRIFT TENGOKU VIDEOS,THEN GOT AN ALL REGIONALPLAYER (CAUSE TAPES TAKE TO MUCH ROOM).NOW IM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING AN AMIGO WITH A JM-GTE A CUSTOM FRAME AND ENOUGH SUSPENSION TRICKS FOR SICK DRIFTS,BUT THATS ME L8TR

Comment

HOLY SH!T...(DOT DOT DOT) TOO MANY CAPS

Comment

CAPSLOCK IS ON sorry

Comment

its all good

Comment

Working...
                                X