No announcement yet.

Socal OC meet 04-10-04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the way i did 180s when i was first learning.. it helped me get a feel for the handbrake, was i would go in a straight line, then try to make a U turn at about 20 miles an hour, of course my car understeers like crazy, as i feel the understeer, i just grabbed the handbrake and whipped up on it, the rear locked up and slid around. THose were the very basic steps i took when learning about this stuff.

I'd imagine a mid engine car like the MR S would be more inclinded to oversteer, but no mater. I think a mistake alot of guys make is they hear they need to use the handbrake when there learning so they go out, grabe the handbrake, then try to turn

its not going to work well that way. Use the handbrake to overcome understeer or to whip the rear out after you make the turn. Once you get a hang of that you can work on small turns, thats what i did

Comment

To tell you the truth, the MR-S actually understeers a little bit because of the weight in the rear. However, once you get the rear end out, it's crazy.

Comment

thank for all the info....i know that there are many ways to drift. e-braking it where it all started. rite now i just wanna get the feeling of it. once i do, i will try more advance drifting technique without using e-braking...hopefully someday i will be able to controll my mrs as i please...i am looking forward to the meeting in irvine on april. It hard to find people that have the same interest . i am prettly i can learn alot from you guys since i am just a beginner.

Comment

I think you're going to have a good time brake drifting that thing. It'll probably feel very smooth inducing oversteer by putting the massive rear weight up front. But on the downside, once you get the car over, it's really hard to control.

Comment

does anyone know where there is a big open space around orange county or the 909 area where i can practice drifting beside the mall parking space. somewhere that is isolate and got a big open field where you dont have to worry about crashing your car into something. if anyone does please let me know...thanks

p.s. have any see an mrs with a wide boby kits form ground effex before...i just order it and i am very anxious to see the outcome of the kits once is on my car...any oponion on the kits...

you can look at kits @ https://www.groundeffex.com/ground/d...l%20Body%20Kit

mrs wide body kits style 534
            Last edited by mrs_spyder; 03-21-2004, 07:02 PM.

Comment

it's like the trd body kit.... my friend has it.... I'll try to get him to come to the meet in irvine....

Comment

here's his car but he's waiting for his rims from volk.... ish takes 3 months to ship from Japan
                Last edited by GoukiS14; 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM.

Comment

wow that thing's pretty nice. looks good i just dont really like the front bumper. but just my opinion. lol.

i wish it was already time for this meet. I'm anxious. lol

Comment

Looks like something veilside would churn out. But w/e.

Comment

yeah the front bumper needs like something more... but it's functional.... used on the autobacs mrs

Comment

count me in

Comment

we'll have to figure something out w/ the tokens but yea so keep the token deal on the d/l....

Comment

any one know where i can get a super charger for my car. i been looking but haven't had any luck. all i can find is the universal one..no bolt on kits yet. if anyone does know please let me know...thanks

Comment

um I think blitz makes one.... but yeah we should keep w/ the subject hahaha

Comment

uhh so wheres this meet going to be and when seems like the last few were about MR-S

Comment

Working...
                                X