No announcement yet.

attn OHIO people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lewisburg is west of dayton on I-70, 17 miles from Indiana border.

Comment

Welcome supradrifter1 good to see more ohio people on here Oh by the way me srt4ing or whatever his name is on here soultron and bdjoe met again at q-steak tonight for another night of drift talk and general b.s. we're looking to make a weekly event, mondays wednesdays and fridays are good for me during the week and either day on the weekends, hopefully we can figure out a time where we can all get togethere, or at least the NEO people here. Maybe set up a bigger drift meet in the summer, I know OSU does rent out there parking lots for auto x in the summer months, so we may try that, if we start now we can probably get it together by then. I'm amazed at the response this has gotten, here i thought we might get one or two people and here we've gotten quite a turnout. Anyways if anyone wants to get a weekly thing at Q-steak together post good times, and we'll try and work out a time good for all

Ok enough jibberish, damn red bull

Comment

Wed and Sun are are my good days...but whichever...

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
          ok so it's like,

1. Soultron (why am i first? I suck!)
          2. HX-50
          3. Menchi
          4. bdjoe
          5. WildSe7en
          6. nightracer
          7.SRT4ing
          haha cause remember the song thingy, first is the worst, second is the best... wait er ummm ok i move that someone else be second, WildSe7en how bout it?

Comment

Originally posted by HX-50
            haha cause remember the song thingy, first is the worst, second is the best... wait er ummm ok i move that someone else be second, WildSe7en how bout it?
            I kinda liked the middle ....plus I haven't even been to any of the g2g's.

Comment

Hmm.. good days for g2g's.. I'm pretty much okay any weeknight. Sundays are usually fine. As far as soultron's schedule, I know things change for him from week to week.

Comment

this sat after 6 it looks like I'm free anyone want to meet?

Comment

...... no

Comment

Come to Kentucky and we might talk, otherwise i'm not in. I don't like Ohio's terrain. Nor the cops, strict.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEwok
                      Come to Kentucky and we might talk, otherwise i'm not in. I don't like Ohio's terrain. Nor the cops, strict.
                      where are you drifting?
                      cops come to meets?

Comment

Hey supradrifter are you the same supradrifter from my site?

Date
                        Ok lets do it like this... Fvck having a meet in April as April = rain I learned the hard way last year when I was trying to do weekly meets and damn near got rained on on every fvcking week. I say we wait until at least the tail end of May to plan a meet so we have less of a chance of a rain day. This is Ohio for God's sake the weather is like a chick on a menopause.

Lets get somebody who lives in Cbus maybe I can talk to the guy who runs ColumbusRacing.com or one of the moderators (I talk to a few of them from time to time) about finding a place to hold this meet. We need a place that'll let us hold it on a weekend day of OUR choice so we can get the best turn out. I really don't want to do anything smaller than 60 cars because it wouldn't be worth our time.

Promotion
                        I run streetracingdayton.com and I'm friends with admins from most of the local sites around here so I have more than enough resources to get the word out to the RIGHT people. I know at least 50 people off the top of my head who would definitely show for a drift even. I guarantee if we get the word out we will have a pretty sizeable turn out.. I'm guessing at least 150 cars...

I still have that old midwestdrifting site (I forgot to do something with) that we can use to cordinate this event now and many others. The URL is drift.streetracingdayton.com I can throw up a forum on it in minutes and I have friends in every major city around here so we can ge the word out just fine. This is all IF you guys want to make this thing big and worth our while... So I leave with this, we can do a 7-10 person meet or 100+ car meet with a driving event afterwards.

Comment

Whoa, you really wanna go big. my car isn't even done so I wouldn't even be able to run in something that soon.
                          It still sounds good but I know I wouldn't be much help except
                          promoting things a bit. Any one else?

Comment

nightracer, a large meet in May sounds like a good Idea, rain is good on tires, but I don't want to get rained on, I'll begin gathering people up here in the cleveland/akron area, for this. I don't want this to turn into a rice convention though. hmm....let me know when you get some more info, and I'll see what I can pull together up here. I want this to be a large meet, and how do you think this sould be organised, in terms of who is running? will it be an open course, or a small comp, or both, free runs after a small comp. I can't wait to see how big this will become,

Comment

Soultron if people talk trash about your car fvck em', brush them haters off. My car's not done yet, people try to talk this and that but I really don't care, its just talk.

Yea I'd rather go big than small and I actually know a lot of people with quality cars into this stuff who would come. Trust me ricers kill meets and scenes I probably get 100 people from Dayton/Cincy to show up who are far from rice. I think we can have good representation from Cbus too so it can be good.

Comment

The best thing to do then is find a place, and see how little (if not free) we can rent it for. Then figure out how many cars we can run (and keep under control) in an 8 to ten hour period and still make it worth the money to them. (Most of the people at dgtrials got 10 or more runs and paid 100 dollars.) Too many people and no one gets enough runs, too few and we have to charge too much. If there's any close contact, we'll have to get insurance, so doing it auto X style would be good (1 at a time). That rules out
                                head to head d1 style events, but time attack shouldn't be over looked. Neo could still hold a small meet if we want, but we can still help out with this. Even thought there's like 10 of us so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X