No announcement yet.

Renting out Qualcomm Stadium Parking Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this will be like the club4ag meet's "drift day" ???

Hey I just want some track time im willing to pay 100 bucks for a full day.

Comment

Hell yeah!

Comment

Hello,
        First post! Anyways, I was wondering if I could come join your chat? I only live down the street about a mile. I think it'd be so cool not to have to drive to irwindale speedway for some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jigapoofy
          Hello,
          First post! Anyways, I was wondering if I could come join your chat? I only live down the street about a mile. I think it'd be so cool not to have to drive to irwindale speedway for some fun.
          welcome. Meet up tonight at TEA Station to discuss about QUALCOMM stadium.

Comment

Count me in.

I fully down to meet with you guys and discuss it. Not burst anyone's bubble but I'm skeptical about it happening.

But I do want to brainstorm some way of getting a regular area for drift practice sessions and events.

I guess I'll yahoo! the directions since I'm an un-hip older guy, bwahahahaha.

Comment

Re: Count me in.

Originally posted by Sideways_In_SD
              I fully down to meet with you guys and discuss it. Not burst anyone's bubble but I'm skeptical about it happening.

But I do want to brainstorm some way of getting a regular area for drift practice sessions and events.

I guess I'll yahoo! the directions since I'm an un-hip older guy, bwahahahaha.
              Okay, I just emailed the event coordinator with our goal.

Hopefully they'll reply by monday. I would like brainstorm with you guys what we need. I need to contact www.racelegal.com on how they get those helmets. Does everyone got helmets?

Comment

Ill call Jessica tonight, and see what she can tell us. (Herf dad is the owner of race legal)

Comment

Im gonna be late.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                    What's everybody DOING this weekend?

Who wants to meet to discuss this?

Im thinking.. same place... TEA STATION?

9pm FRIDAY DEC 12th?

Chas
                    JASPERWRX
                    WEAPON X?
                    FORGE?
                    SDROTARY <- are you down to meet?
                    Miata619Drifter <- are you down to meet?

sorry i couldn't make it, but did you get anymore details worked out for the Qualcomm idea? it would be awesome to have a drift day at Qualcomm.

Comment

Not really.

It was discussed by a couple people, for a while, but I don't know if any conclusions were made.

Last I heard Quallcomm was approached in the past about a drifting day, event, whatever; they said no because they felt the large amounts of skidding, and peeling out, etc. would tear up the parking lot, and make it look like sh!t.

Once I pasted that little bit of knowledge, the discussion turned into a "Ok, now where do we go?" kind of talk.

And that's where it stayed untill we decided to leave, which is right about when I got pulled over for "a loud exhaust".

Whatever, they let me go (thank you sooooo much, whoever you are)

And that was it.

Comment

Re: Not really.

Originally posted by Sideways_In_SD
                        It was discussed by a couple people, for a while, but I don't know if any conclusions were made.

Last I heard Quallcomm was approached in the past about a drifting day, event, whatever; they said no because they felt the large amounts of skidding, and peeling out, etc. would tear up the parking lot, and make it look like sh!t.

Once I pasted that little bit of knowledge, the discussion turned into a "Ok, now where do we go?" kind of talk.

And that's where it stayed untill we decided to leave, which is right about when I got pulled over for "a loud exhaust".

Whatever, they let me go (thank you sooooo much, whoever you are)

And that was it.
                        that pretty much sums it up. But Im waiting for a reply from the Event Coordinator of Qualcomm.

and we might have an alternative place. But its in El CENTRO. or like 2hrs east from SD. We rent it out as a private event and we could do a little drift day. Will keep this thread posted for any new updates.

Comment

Isn't that the airport that guy was talking about? And he said the ground is concrete laid in sections which has large gaps?

Comment

i dont like the sound of that other place, i have enough trouble keeping tires on my car already

Comment

Yeah, that was what I put together as well. Maybe we could set up a fund raising drive to get the place repaved. If we raised the money to get the place repaved, then we'll have an interest as to the use of the track. Something to think about maybe.

Comment

get your new lugs yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X