ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Drifters! Irwindale! Snoop Dogg! (Oct. 25th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Drifters! Irwindale! Snoop Dogg! (Oct. 25th)

Guys,

I just wanted to let you know of a last minute event that we are doing on October 25th at Irwindale Speedway. As you know, Need For Speed Undergroud 2 was our title sponsor this year and now that the game is launching so EA has decided to throw a really cool event that will be open to the public. Here goes:

1.The top 16 drifters who competed in Formula D have been invited to compete in this one time event. Drifters will compete in tandem only drifting for the chance to win a brand new Nismo Spec 350 Z or 10k in cash.

2. The event will be filmed by Spike Television and played as a special following the event.

Confirmed drivers as of today are:

Samuel Hubinette
    Dai Yoshihara
    Chris Forsberg
    Calvin Wan
    Alex Pfeiffer
    Rhys Millen
    Ken GUshi
    Hior Sumida
    Tyler Mcquarrie
    Vaughn Gittin
    Andy Yen
    Hubert Young
    Ernie Fixmer
    Taka Aono
    James Bondurant
    Tony Schulz

3. Following the competition all attendees will be invited down to the track for a special concert featuring Snoop Dogg.

So there it is! This event has been brewing for a while but we could not say anything until today. We invite everyone to come out and check it out. EA was super cool and is selling tickets for only 10 bucks. You can buy them at Ticketmaster or on the day of the event.

The event runs from 6-10pm roughly.

We will have some more details on the website shortly but email me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan@slipstreamglobal.com

Sounds good... How much is parking?

Comment

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* I hope not as much as our finale. Those guys rape everyone on parking. I'm thinking/hoping lower. Will find out ASAP.

Comment

that really got my attention/hopes up until 2 words...

Snoop
        Dogg.

must we go into the whole lifestyle thing again?
        everyone who drifts has to be asian, likes rap and techno, has huge sounds sysytems in their car, likes skateboarding, and eats rice... i mean common... get Move out there or Glay or Orange Range... something that sounds better . just my 2 cents.

i got a need for speed woot woot
        i got a need for speed.

Comment

I want to see the Snoop Dogg drift! Make it happen Formula D!!

Comment

Originally posted by WINDING Master
            I want to see the Snoop Dogg drift! Make it happen Formula D!!
            X2.. Make sure he's not blowing before either...

Comment

The reason why he is at the event is because he has created and will be debuting a song that will be in the game. The song was produced by him and the Doors.

Also the new game will feature a secret drift zone in the game that is Formula D branded

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D
                The reason why he is at the event is because he has created and will be debuting a song that will be in the game. The song was produced by him and the Doors.

Also the new game will feature a secret drift zone in the game that is Formula D branded

Ryan
                Righteous.

Comment

Too fast, too furious.....
                  Having your identity whored around by a bunch of coorporate sellouts sure is fun, isn't it, Cordes?

Comment

Wow, that's cool... Does that mean they will put our names in the game too? hehe
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Well, hubert, if you win the Z, make sure you drop an RB in that puppy..

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
                          everyone who drifts has to be asian, likes rap and techno, has huge sounds sysytems in their car, likes skateboarding, and eats rice... i mean common
                          I agree. Why in the heck does every single car event have to have a bunch of hip-hop playing? Heck even Tokyopop replaced Intial D's awesome soundtrack with a bunch of rap. Comeon, I can understand different types of music, but all that you hear on the radio or see on the tv is a bunch of rap. They play it so much that nothing else gets through.

What is funny though, is that certain car cultures expect you to act a certain way. If you like V8's and are a conservative, the import guys think your a backwards redneck that needs to get with the times, but if you like anime and drifting the domestic guys think your a ricer.

Comment

wow this sounds cool i'll be th...........................oh wait im the east coast noooooooooooooooooooooo, c'mon send some thing over our way va,dc,and md get almost np major enemts all year, and you get a last minuit gig at a major venue. sigh....

Comment

The song he is debuting is a collaberation with the Doors

Comment

Working...
                              X