Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R Prototype (Photos)

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specia...r/pages/01.htm

looks good so far, the front bumper seems a little large and open, but the rest of the car looks great.

hopefully they wont change too much

Comment

In terms of size,...it definitely has some bulk/muscle to it. The overall shape reminds me of the Bentley Continental GT, but slimmer. Not as smooth contoured, but more boxy (a la R34 influence).

Looking at the car from the rear quarter panel...not flattering. I like the front and the back, but at that particular point, it looks...funny.

Very intimidating when seen from the front.

Overall, I like it.

Comment

This shot makes the front of the car look to short maybe, or slopes to much, something about it seems a little off.
        But overall i say WOW, great car and if america can actually get their hands on it... of course then its all up to having to pay for it, which no doubt will be outta my price range.

Comment

Im not really a fan of the roof line/shape, but overall it looks pretty sweet.

Comment

That side profile shot,...reminds me of the current Ford Mustang, combined w/ the side vents of the Dodge Viper.

Comment

I didn't like the first verison at all, but this one looks much better.

Comment

There was no doubt in my mind that the car was going to come out looking hot.

The part that really gets me going is the fact that Nissan is playing hardball with the new GT-R.

Since Japan finally got rid of that silly 287HP limit rule Nissan says that the GT-R is meant to compete against the Porsche 911 Turbo performance-wise and have an MSRP at half the price of a 911

And this prototype has a freaking 7 SPEED SEQUENTIAL tranny ..yeah I had to take a minute to wipe up after I saw that.

Did any of us really expect anything less?...I dont think so.. but the biggest question on my mind is if this car is going to be released as an Infiniti or a Nissan?

I know a marketing guy on the inside of Nissan USA who will ultimately know which badge this beast is gonna wear but he isn't talking for sh!t

Comment

INFINTI i put a 1k deposit on one over a month ago. nissan has released that it will be infinti due to them not thinking there is a market for an 65-80k nissan which i would belive to be true myslelf (at least not in the us were its all abut the name)

Comment

Originally posted by nxt774
                    INFINTI i put a 1k deposit on one over a month ago. nissan has released that it will be infinti due to them not thinking there is a market for an 65-80k nissan which i would belive to be true myslelf (at least not in the us were its all abut the name)
                    How did you put a 1k deposit on a car that is still a prototype?

Oh also in my previous post I said 287HP limit when I meant to say 276 ..MY BAD

Comment

how original!!

Comment

Front lights are ugly...I don't care what anybody thinks.

Comment

at least the rear circlar tail light are still there...but it still a proto-type so they might fix the roof look,and have cleaner lines...

so i guess we better start saving them pennies until 2007

Comment

new Audi front... and Chevy Cobalt rear....

B+

Comment

im waiting till its official wether its a nissan or an infiniti, then its deposit time.

just hope I can afford it when it comes out, if not ill sell my spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X