SPECIAL THANKS FROM MOVIECARZ from FF3 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NHDrifter
    I think Rhys Millen is a cheater. Why and how do you say? well i'll tell you...The last Formula D.I beleive it was the last run him and Chris did.Now think back when Rhys was about to spin out ...He took back control of the car? He is probly useing some hi-tech anti-spin conrtrol unit with the braking system or something. He probably just has to push a button if he has to much angle on his car.It was an impossible manuver that im still trying to figure out, Im glad Chris beat him. Its about time for a Silvia to kick some a$$ and leave it up to a S15 to do the job.

Wow, you sound like a 10 year old. Rhys Millen has 2 fins on his car, one on his trunk and another on his hood I believe. They are these clear plastic fins that are there to help him to get more angle on his drifts. So, that's how he didnt spin.....

Comment

Please stay on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by NHDrifter
        Realism for the drift scene, you DO have domestics involved, HEAVILY. That's all I am saying. Give credit where it is due, our Domestsic muscle will kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* this year at D1 vs. FD. JR, Resse, and Sammy will have their way with some imports, trust me.

ohh man... I want to see JR,Rhys,and Sammy go up agianst some japanese street drifters...(in my own opinion) I think Rhys Millen is a cheater. Why and how do you say? well i'll tell you...The last Formula D.I beleive it was the last run him and Chris did.Now think back when Rhys was about to spin out ...He took back control of the car? He is probly useing some hi-tech anti-spin conrtrol unit with the braking system or something. He probably just has to push a button if he has to much angle on his car.It was an impossible manuver that im still trying to figure out, Im glad Chris beat him. Its about time for a Silvia to kick some a$$ and leave it up to a S15 to do the job.

And as for that 3F3F or whatever its called movie being made...maybe they should think about a differant senario on how this "kid" gets into Japan...maybe join the military and end up based in Okinawa and meet up with some japanese drifters fall in love with the sport,and become competitive...Kinda like a Ernie Fixmier story, but be better at the sport...haha only kidding Ernie I would love to be involved in the making of the movie, I have some great ideas that everyone would love...Heck I think I should make a movie that would blow this one out of the water...
        Realism or not, the storyline is based in Japan. There are very few domestics. The movie is based in Japan, but the majority of the shooting will take place in the US. Can we move on w/ this now? Filming is already well underway, so no matter how much you guys want to say "Add a domestic into the movie", it doesn't really matter because the basic storyboards and script is done.

And regarding the Rhys Millen high tech anti-spin control unit,....that is the FUNNIEST thing I've heard all day! Rhys is going to have a blast reading this. haha

Comment

On diffrent matters...

Domestics in the drift scene...Yes plenty of crazies wanting to prove that domestics are a force to reckon with here in the states..It's all good. I've seen all the cars up close and picked at the little things I didnt like about all of them. ( My car is the same in others eyes, things aren't always gonna satisfy everyone) . But c'mon it's supposedly based in Japan and you never saw any domestics getting nutty (maybe Cept that crazy hawaiian guy drifting a camaro) Out drifting. The Domestic car is a recent phenomenon. Americans are known for going all out and bringing bigger and thinking it's better. truth of the matter is that they can put supercars against normal drift cars, buts it's not helping the drifters in any ways cause drift cars are meant to be wrecked and fixed thats how you learn. No ones gonna drift a GTO for their first car and if they do, they are either financially irresponsible or damned crazy...So let's keep it at imports for now. american domestics are getting there love, just look around.....they really are.

Mixing all kinds of decorated family Vans and VIP Cars and all that...
          - Big Pokemon looking Vans can be seen parking and cruising on holidays. big gatherings are sorta rare, but there aren't alooot persay. Magazine coverage will bring anyone out to a parking lot.

- Yanu-ki (Yankee) cars or what everyone calls, "Boso", the tricked out ol school whacky cars.. I dunno You rarely see them on a regular basis. They come out, but holidays and big events are heavy gatherings.

- Bosozuka - these guys are fun to watch until they hit your supercharged hachi or Nana-Ichi GT-Chaser..they can be amusing and funny until they piss you off...then it's not so funny or cool when the little turds frighten your child by revving there baffleless bikes in the small japanese alleys trying to hide them slow turds form the Kaisatsu (police)....

WTF is a VIP drift Car......Americans need to get up off this retarded sil-camino crap. VIP cars are Crown Majestas and Super Saloon Mark II's. Not a Black S14 with big fat rims and some dork acting all smooth. Crap I run 18" works eurolines and dont dare call my car VIP...I jokingly say that its gangster or Oji (old-man, not O.G.) but not VIP....Get with it...these are usually the more experienced drifters or Really rich hard parkers tryin to be VIP, but their not....

They're all (omoshiroi) interesting in their own way, but rarely do you see them in large frequent gatherings.....So, it's highly unlikey you'd get them all in there..but cameos are interesting.....

About the plot,....Hah!! I'm not saying Craig can fix this or should even entertain this part (He clarified he isn't incharge of this), but the writers of the story need to see this...

There are very few military guys living in the deep dark seedy part of Tokyo and still active duty military. It's just waaaaay too far fetched. 90% of your true drifter fan base either lived in Japan as military, military hired cilvilians or even children of military guys.... Haha, you can't just send your troublesome kid to the foreign country and drop him on your forward deployed military member relatives door step. (Please tell me this uncle is the last living relative and his parents were killed by a winnebago). There are soooo many variables to moving a kid to Japan that is not a direct dependant of a an active duty guy thats its almost preposterous. Your better off going with the Ernie Fixmer story and getting info from him,...I can start the story off, at least it's credible .....

Back in 1997-98 a young Marine named Ernie Fixmer was attending one of his technical schools on Camp Pendleton, California. Where he was trained as a T400-CP-400 Pratt and Whitney Turboshaft helicopter Engine Mechanic . While attending this Military technical school. He would meet the person that intially introduced him to the drift scene. Although quite and introverted in his junior months as a new and young Marine, Ernies hard working ways and real mature attitude bought the trust of one of his military instructors Sgt Renfeld. Who, on one strange occasion actually mustered up the nerve and this evil-*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* instructor to borrow his personal car.This POS tweaked American Corolla GT-S, was built by his instructor his own personal drifter toyafter returning home from his own 3-4th year living in Japan. The little car was borrowed and used to go to Del Taco and when Ernie came back he (Being a Caterpillar trained mechanic before the military), had a peaked interest. When he asked that instructor what that car was and what it was modified to do the only real explanation had to be visual. He sat down with his instructor who was playing Gran Turismo 1. The lesson would go on and on from about 930pm until pretty late into the morning. As time would pass and the classes got tougher and the homework would be so tough he would doze of on his liberty at family gatherings, he gained more and more of his instructors trust as a Marine.That little Fixmer guy won't give up.... "Someday that Marines gonna be my right-hand man", his instructor was heard mumbling. Upon graduation Ernie Fixmer was stationed in Okinawa, Japan where he cut his teeth in the streets of (XXXXXXX)
          2 years later Ernies Instructor would join him and countless others of this instructors former students and all in their own way had become drifters. Ernie was no exception, but he had a massive chip on his shoulder as a local underdog with beat down hachiroku and his former instructor and now boss saw it..He craved to be the best and just like everyone else was a good driver, but this guys wreckless abandon would get him into sooooo much trouble..When all was said and done at the end of his time in Okinawa, he accomplished his main goal...He impressed the guy (Yasu) that he saw as the best drifter in Okinawa and earned a Crew Sticker from the team "Murder". For those that dont know a Team Sticker from a team or awesome drifter is an honor you earn and not buy, like fake @ss sponsor stickers. So he on his way out the door obtained the his street goal and won Yasu and his teams respect... Respect from other drivers and the crews that run the streets of japan mean more then anything else. ..

Either way his former instructor and boss, would get a big fat drifters smile when 2-3 years later the guy he introduced to drifting was rocking a full tilt boogey sponsored car and racing against his former instructors hachiroku hero (Imamura - ICBM GT-V, now driving Apex'i's FD RX-7)) in Ernies debut in D1.
          Whomever wrote it find him and use his story cause it's way more realistic and It has all the great climaxes and who the hell cares about, "twinkie". You should name this kid, "Tyler". I know yer out there tyler chime in and tell them about being 15 and having a foul mouth and running around all night in and outta drifters cars and just being a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*.....Wherever this kid is he was witness to some real crazy crap and would make a great tech advisor....

Aside from that..C'mon I realize the guys japanese and all that, but does he know the deal about american military in Japan.....and what its like just gtting there, getting your cherry popped and then crashing and wrecking cars as an American Dependant... Call Cornell Williams...(760)213-0933 he was one of them dependants that was well documented in the drifting scene in Japan....Even had his car impounded for playing ....

I could ramble on and on, but what Im trying to get at is give the movie every bit of credibilty that you can and don't let people offering advise go wasted. Your movie might get less ridiculed...Cause after seeing the movie some crazy former Marine or dependant, might laugh and say, "Ha! I remember sitting under a lamp post in the sticks changing out Nicks crashed left control arm". All of us in Okinawa drivers can attest to changing a set out in one way or the other......

C'mon I didnt just fall off the turnip truck, I've been hosing this scene up since 93.. I might be a teeny tiny bit correct.

Just do it right this time!!

Booney

P.S. Aside from a mindless rant, any further direction on when we are suppose to pick up the cars currently in use at the FF3 shoot?

Comment

That's a good read...fun stuff.

As for the car's pickup, we will notify owners as their cars are released. There's a bit more info on my site, but basically:

The car gets "cut"
            The car is moved to another area on set to be detailed (next day)
            The car is then "out inspected" for damage;
            The owner is contacted to pick up his car;
            Payment follows within 30 days.

As I recall, the Hinga Hachi (camo car) is in the thick of a second unit scene right now, at least until Wednesday. There is drifting going on around it and this scene is pretty high profile.

Comment

Hey Craig, once again thank you for the opportunity to be in the film. Just wondering if the Red RMJ Motorsports 240sx got any cool action.

Again thanks man

Miguel

Comment

yea hey how bout my green s14?

Comment

I think they should have a domestic car. What else are they going to run over with an 18 wheeler or jump into a boat? They need at least one domestic to have a destruction scene. It wouldn't be a F&F movie without one.

I think I need to get ahold of Rhys' anti spin cheat device. That would be great. In all seriousness though, its not the aero, his car just has more steering angle than any other car out there.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian

I think I need to get ahold of Rhys' anti spin cheat device. That would be great.
                    lol Rhy's is a h4x0r!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
                      lol Rhy's is a h4x0r!!
                      Whatever the case, Rhys can drive....that's for dang sure! I'd watch him drift a John Deere, if that was his vehicle of choice.

Comment

FYI:
                        This first session of shooting is drawing to a close.

Each day, a new "cut list" will be posted on our site.

IF your car is on set, you want to check the site daily.

Comment

Don't lie Craig, you'd only watch him drift a John Deere if it had a widebody, custom paint, and a T3/T4 hybrid turbo setup. I dont think a stock John Deere would hold your attention.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                            Wow, you sound like a 10 year old. Rhys Millen has 2 fins on his car, one on his trunk and another on his hood I believe. They are these clear plastic fins that are there to help him to get more angle on his drifts. So, that's how he didnt spin.....

actually im not 10. Im 19. whast the differance 2 fins, a button that makes him not spin out...to me its still pretty damn cheap. Its not even drifting...I'll still make my "better movie"...End of disscusion for me.

I think the anti-spin brake control button is more reasonable then 2 plastic fins giving him more angle and cuaseing him not to spin out...

Its just not fair. And that stupid E-brake set-up has to go...

Comment

I think the anti-spin brake control button is more reasonable then 2 plastic fins giving him more angle and cuaseing him not to spin out...
                              i can't believe i'm in this thread, but at least i'm off topic answering this.

rhys is extremely talented ( with a ton of experience as well )driver. he is able to save the car from a spin because of a lot of little things, mostly steering angle ( although the plexiglass helps a little, think about how much side surface area a car has anyways, a couple feet isn't going to be that big of a deal ), but also because he can just plain control a car. you can recover from crazy spins if you have lots of experience and steering angle, look at the japanese drivers. you simply sound like a novice who has no idea what is going on, don't bag on superior drivers for no reason other than your own inability to save a spin.

Comment

Heh, they're called SIDEBOARDS. Dirt Late Model drivers have been using them for ages and they act as a sort of spoiler for when the car is moving sideways.

This is what they normally look like.

But for more cornering speed (through higher drift angle to carry more momentum through the corner) so-called Outlaw Late Models use sideboards like this.

It's just some good old-fashioned been around since Earl Baltes invented dirt 'merican racing know-how applied to that new-fangled driftin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X