No announcement yet.

SPECIAL THANKS FROM MOVIECARZ from FF3 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig, hows the Red RMJ 240sx. also not on the list yet, thanks man. Just curious if all the cars will be ready for pick up this weekend, cause SEMA is next week, and i know a lot of people are going.

Comment

Originally posted by rmj_drift
      Craig, hows the Red RMJ 240sx. also not on the list yet, thanks man. Just curious if all the cars will be ready for pick up this weekend, cause SEMA is next week, and i know a lot of people are going.

yes, EVERY SINGLE CAR NOW ON SET WILL BE READY FOR PICKUP NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, AS WE STATED ALL ALONG.

Filming on this set wraps tonight, real late.

Comment

Natalie Portman? (Darth Vaders ex-wife in Star Wars Episode 2-3)

If shes in the movie. That would be cool,but I dont think she has an interest in cars at all.

And as for the Rhys Millen anti-spin device, I was only kidding around. geesh
        no big deal here. But im still glad Chris won. Even though he didnt win overall.

Comment

Originally posted by NHDrifter
          Natalie Portman? (Darth Vaders ex-wife in Star Wars Episode 2-3)

If shes in the movie. That would be cool,but I dont think she has an interest in cars at all.

And as for the Rhys Millen anti-spin device, I was only kidding around. geesh
          no big deal here. But im still glad Chris won. Even though he didnt win overall.
          No, Nathalie Kelley (yes, that's how to spell it)

She's gorgeous, nice and a pretty decent actress...I may go see this thing just to see her.

Comment

Craig and staff,

I wanted to extend my appreciation for including a coupla Hinga cars. also, to your staff and AJ. He was kind enough to walk me all the way around the area to get a coupla bottles of water for the Silvia.
            **Disclaimer- (I tried not to look!) I saw some female that made me trip on some chords of wire, AJ didnt see it ad I didn't mention it, but dang! She was nifty. I never saw anything like that until I was coming home and cruising throught eh alleys by the clubs with friends avoiding the local authorities..hehe.

Again,
            I hope all goes well and hope all have a smooth and safe shoot.

Booney
            Owner/Operator of the Grey Goose
            Team Hinga Captain S.D.

Comment

Here's the killer...Universal bought/brought over about 30-40 cars straight from Japan. They MUST go back to Japan, or they have to be crushed! No other option is acceptable to the DOT.

That's right...either they ship them back or they flatten them. They bought the VeilSide NSX for about $50-100K, now they're going to flatten it! And no, they can't/won't sell any of the cars!

They've got some badass cars, too, including about 9 R33's, about 4 widebody/VeilSide RSX's, and a host of other wild cars. What a tragic waste and it kills me!
              This is tragic news

Comment

very tragic! Lol I knew you were kidding about the anti spin device.

Comment

Wow this sucks, i cant believe they are going crush the cars just for a movie. I wouldn't be suprised to see a riot. pickit signs, and a bombing of the scrap yard that will crush the cars..

That is insane, just goest to show hollywood has to much money and not enough brains and heart. Just do it to make more money. They should donate the cars to track schools, or get a usage out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by GranMastrDrift
                    Wow this sucks, i cant believe they are going crush the cars just for a movie. I wouldn't be suprised to see a riot. pickit signs, and a bombing of the scrap yard that will crush the cars..

That is insane, just goest to show hollywood has to much money and not enough brains and heart. Just do it to make more money. They should donate the cars to track schools, or get a usage out of them.
                    Crushing the cars isn't a decision made by Hollywood. The govt. gives two options...export them back out to Japan or crush them. It is cheaper to crush them.

They can't donate the cars at all. There are ONLY two options. And given that crushing them is cheaper...guess what option they will choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by DomLee
                      Crushing the cars isn't a decision made by Hollywood. The govt. gives two options...export them back out to Japan or crush them. It is cheaper to crush them.

They can't donate the cars at all. There are ONLY two options. And given that crushing them is cheaper...guess what option they will choose.
                      Correct-amundo. You know your stuff.

What kills me is that even the cool parts cant be taken off an sold...there's liability about selling parts that were used in stunt sequences.

The studio is actually very smart about this stuff.

The cars that CAN be sold will be sold (which are US cars) and most likely, Ray Claridge or George Barris will buy them (and take credit for building them...even though this crusty old fart was never near any of the cars...in fact, I just saw an interview at SEMA where he talked about working on FF3 cars! What a lying scumbag!)

Comment

• another reason why our government is gey. you would think the new more improved cars from japan would be able to come and stay here, not the old *Censored**Censored**Censored* cars from 20 years ago that would never pass emissions. some how they got there sh!t backwards.

Comment

• Here are pics from the set...
                          http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185433

Photos taken from the thread.

Lots and lots of parts in a dumpster...

Comment

• VeilSide SE3P.
                            BooYah.

Comment

• I dont understand why someone can't buy these non-street-legal cars and store them on private property and race them on private tracks. I can understand this stuff if people intend to drive them on the street, but if the cars were for track only, I imagine they would be treated just like any other form of personal property. I know here in Hawaii you cant register cars from Japan for street driving, but you can own them and use them on the track (transported on a trailer).

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                                I dont understand why someone can't buy these non-street-legal cars and store them on private property and race them on private tracks. I can understand this stuff if people intend to drive them on the street, but if the cars were for track only, I imagine they would be treated just like any other form of personal property. I know here in Hawaii you cant register cars from Japan for street driving, but you can own them and use them on the track (transported on a trailer).
                                Because buying them, means private ownership. Private ownership means legalization. Legalization means $$$ for govt. If there is no legalization, the govt is out of some $$$. And we all know the govt wants their $$$.

The cars are given a temporary visa (haha). After the time is up, you must ship it out or crush it. Hollywood accountants say to crush it because it is cheaper.

In the end,...it is all driven by $$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X