ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHRIS FORSBERG V8 Powered 350Z Drift Car (+ More SEMA News)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FC3slider88
    I think the 350 looks awesome. I love the widebody and the fact that it's a convertible. Also, the engine choice is unique, I'm glad they didn't put an sr20 in it or just turboed the vq like everybody seems to do. Definetly something different.
    chris has been down that route already with the Z. Superchared VQ35DE, SR20DET, and Now the 5.6LV8

Comment

The car looks great in person.

The v8 is 100lbs lighter then a tt vq motor.

Yay for v8 power.

Comment

Originally posted by driftex
        i like it, but i am kinda disappointed that they gave up on the S15 so quickly. He was looking real sweet in that thing in the final round.
        Falken or Chris did not own the S15, it was owned by password JDM. After the season was over they took it back. They would not even let him use it for the Drift Showoff exibtions. So they did give up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ameenit
          your retarded
          wow....dont i feel oh so offended by your comment....
          im gunna go tell my mommy now....
          Last edited by MoNkEy_MaGiCx; 11-06-2005, 10:45 PM.

Comment

personally, I *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING LOVE IT! doesnt give it enough credit from me.

Ive always preferred Chris in the Z, i mean he was good in the s15, but he was pulling stuff in the Z when I was still going, "that looks so cool, but I could never do that in my car." I can honestly say chris in his Z was the most potent thing in getting me to actually start drifting. seeing him back in a Z just rocks so hard. Every Z owner has wondered about doing this swap, and finally someone stepped up.
            who cares if it doesnt look like a traditional drift car, its going to do its thing and probably kick so much *Censored**Censored**Censored* at it. "ugly" or not.

Comment

wow, nice. i can't wait to see it slide. man, drifting really brings creativity onto the track what with the paint jobs, the different color tire smoke, mismatched rims, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                personally, I *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING LOVE IT! doesnt give it enough credit from me.

Ive always preferred Chris in the Z, i mean he was good in the s15, but he was pulling stuff in the Z when I was still going, "that looks so cool, but I could never do that in my car." I can honestly say chris in his Z was the most potent thing in getting me to actually start drifting. seeing him back in a Z just rocks so hard. Every Z owner has wondered about doing this swap, and finally someone stepped up.
                who cares if it doesnt look like a traditional drift car, its going to do its thing and probably kick so much *Censored**Censored**Censored* at it. "ugly" or not.
                Totally agree with the above statement. Shoot I'd settle for the vk45 in our car but that is just nuts. Can't wait to see it in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt4110
                  Falken or Chris did not own the S15, it was owned by password JDM. After the season was over they took it back. They would not even let him use it for the Drift Showoff exibtions. So they did give up on it.
                  so is that the reason why he's making mods to his 350z now?

Comment

Hey everyone, heres some info on the deal.

the s15 is now retired and i will not get to drive it again. password jdm did not wish to continue running the car for the rest of the 05 season. i had already worked out this deal with Nissan right before Irwindale, which was the last time i got to drive the s15. so i am putting the z together as soon as possible to get myself back in the drift scene.

Nissan gave me the 350z along with the motor and some extra parts. Nissan wanted to do the convertable for a different marketing approach. And i liked the idea because it is much lighter than the coupe version.

The car was thrown together in 2 weeks for display at SEMA. So it is obviously not completed. Me and Kevin from LS Automotive did all the work. The paint is not final, the wheels are temporary, and the vinyl will change as well. I personally like the body kit because there is not many widebody kits available for the 350z, let alone for the convertable. the fenders are actually only 40mm wider than stock. it only looks very wide because the z in stock form has very "flared" looking fenders. so the extra 40mm is not much over stock. and since it has no roof, it looks wider than it really is.

I always build and test and tune all my cars. even the s15. i will continue to wrench on my own cars for 3 days straight with no sleep just to make an event. I have no budget for this car as of right now. Me and Kevin wrenched and paid for everything that needed to be on that car for the display.
                    www.chrisforsberg.com
                    www.driftalliance.com
                    www.nosdrift.com
                    www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

You guys paid for everything that was on the car at display?

Ok folks you heard him...hes broke..lets all dig deep and contribute to the drift alliance foundation.

Comment

Ahh, i see, so those fenders aren't 15 feet wide.. just an illusion..
                        and that body kit is starting to grow on me...cant wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                          You guys paid for everything that was on the car at display?

Ok folks you heard him...hes broke..lets all dig deep and contribute to the drift alliance foundation.
                          Not everything... we had alot of companies help us with parts and product for the car. All of these companies will be involved with the car for next year. But just like every project, there are cost's that must be budget'd for any custom work. And as you can see, there was alot of custom work that went into this car.

The companies we have on board so far for the v8 convertable are...

Nissan, Falken Tire, Tanabe USA, LS Automotive, Nismo, AEM, SSR, Rockford Fosgate, Motul, Seibon, Bride, SARD, DesignCraft Fabrication, BRS AutoDesign, NAMS, Odyssey, Aeromotive, and Meguiars.
                          www.chrisforsberg.com
                          www.driftalliance.com
                          www.nosdrift.com
                          www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

So since your still with Falken does that mean the Z is going to get the famous Falken paint scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                              So since your still with Falken does that mean the Z is going to get the famous Falken paint scheme?
                              I hope not. I hope falken allows for originality with there team next year

Comment

Originally posted by Topics II
                                Hey everyone, heres some info on the deal.

the s15 is now retired and i will not get to drive it again. password jdm did not wish to continue running the car for the rest of the 05 season. i had already worked out this deal with Nissan right before Irwindale, which was the last time i got to drive the s15.
                                that's just crazy, who wouldn't want you representing their s15 in d1gp after what happened in fd final round? password jdm = worst sponser move ever

Comment

Working...
                                X