X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• initial dyno vid of my Turbo BMW

Just incase you guys were interested:

Here is an initial tuning dyno vid of my car:

419whp on a mustang dyno on 91 pump gas, retrarded timing, 11psi of boost, and a fried clutch.

Next vid the new clutch will be in, the timing will be corrected, 112 octane race gas map, and about 20psi of boost. Hopefully we will be getting some good numbers.

right click and save as
    http://danzioperformance.com/video/ryan_bmw_2.wmv

enjoy!
    Last edited by kalib0y; 02-14-2006, 09:27 PM.

did someone say mmm good!!!

how much power you aiming for?

Comment

hopeing for about 550whp

Comment

yo, ur car is ill. ive out in miami and ive been following ur ride for years. ive seen u do many changes to it and let me tell you that uve been coming along nicely with it. good sh*t!!

Comment

thanks alot for the nice words guys!

Comment

Cool BMW, sounds good. Reminds me of the E36 M3 I test-drove recently. Says 328i on the vid, are you running a 2.8L or something more of the 3.0/3.2 variety? Got a website where we can see more pics?

Comment

Damn Ryan, another impressive car.

Comment

Ryan, is your motor built? What done to it so far? I remember you tellin gme about this project a while ago but I never took you seriously. hahaha I haven't hung out with you for a while... haven't seen you around either. Keep in touch. You have my cell#.

Comment

a bigger motor is being built outside of the car. this lil 2.8l that seems to be the boost miracle motor for bmw is pretty strong with only a cometic head gasket and arp studs. Now its time for more boost and race gas.

BTW, 420whp on a mustang dyno is equal to 525hp crank power!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yukio@jic-magic
                    Ryan, is your motor built? What done to it so far? I remember you tellin gme about this project a while ago but I never took you seriously. hahaha I haven't hung out with you for a while... haven't seen you around either. Keep in touch. You have my cell#.

Yukio, you still at JIC? hook a brotha up with some product! Ive been out of the scene a while now! you still showing?

Ray, I pmed you back. Hope to see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                      Cool BMW, sounds good. Reminds me of the E36 M3 I test-drove recently. Says 328i on the vid, are you running a 2.8L or something more of the 3.0/3.2 variety? Got a website where we can see more pics?

heres to website of the tuner and builder
                      www.danzioperformance.com

check out the vid of the twin turbo LS2 corvette motor in a sandrail that makes 1152whp!!!

Comment

Nice....

I've been thinking about selling my SC300 for a 3 series for some time now...

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y
                          Just incase you guys were interested:

Here is an initial tuning dyno vid of my car:

419whp on a mustang dyno on 91 pump gas, retrarded timing, 11psi of boost, and a fried clutch.

Next vid the new clutch will be in, the timing will be corrected, 112 octane race gas map, and about 20psi of boost. Hopefully we will be getting some good numbers.

right click and save as
                          http://danzioperformance.com/video/ryan_bmw_2.wmv

enjoy!

Now don't get me wrong, your car is sick and I'm sure it hauls some balls, but generally the number taken on a mustang dyno is the top one, which read 388whp and 342wtq. At least thats what has been plotted on the graph on my buddies dyno.

But either way, making 388whp at 12psi is bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*, I think you can choose any power level you want with ease up til around 600whp, I guess it's a matter of whether or not your stock block can take it.

Nice work on the car though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo241
                            Now don't get me wrong, your car is sick and I'm sure it hauls some balls, but generally the number taken on a mustang dyno is the top one, which read 388whp and 342wtq. At least thats what has been plotted on the graph on my buddies dyno.

But either way, making 388whp at 12psi is bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*, I think you can choose any power level you want with ease up til around 600whp, I guess it's a matter of whether or not your stock block can take it.

Nice work on the car though.
                            the 388 is a raw uncorrected number and the 419 is the corrected factor that is calculated by the barometric pressure. This correction factor is a standard on any dyno. So 419 is the actual wheel power of the car (under load)

Comment

Nice work. Any pics of the turbo setup, manifolds, etc?

Comment

Working...
                              X