ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula D staff rescues hundreds from smoking aircraft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D staff rescues hundreds from smoking aircraft!

I just got back from seattle. On our flight we had almost all the FD guys and judges. For some reason we all had exit row seats except for andy and ken (the other judges).

Anyway, the flight was delayed about an hour to start with. I was sitting at the window seat behind jim, and we both had those exit door things next to us over the wings. Then on the other side of the plane was ryan and will on the other exit rows. Andy and Ken sat maybe 8 rows up. The flight started off just fine and was cool untill we landed. Once the plane touched down, some smoke started coming out under Andy and Ken's seats and started to fill the cabin. People started to panic a bit. The sterwartdis (i know i cant spell) comes running down the aisle and I think fred yells up to andy who is smelling the smoke, "hey andy, how bad is it?" He kinda turns around with this funny look. Just then they slammed the brakes and the pilot comes over the PA, "evacuate the aircraft!!!"

SO everyone jumps out of their seats and looks around. I'm looking over at my exit door thinking if I'm supposed to open the thing and jump out. Just then I hear the other doors popping open and they deploy those slides, and I see jim and fred openning thier exit door, so I grab the handle and give it one big yank. The door comes popping out, then you had to turn it around and then toss it threw the door. So we go jumping out onto the wing with door in hand and i'm looking at fred standing there with the door in his hand as well and I'm like " what we do with these things now?" We put them down and look over the wing. By this time people are already rushing out and going down the slides and we look over and figured out that we had no slide but you had to jump off the wing to get down. It wasnt too high but still not fun.

All the younger people just jump, we ended up staying next to the wing and helping people down. Ken was the last one out onto the wing. I had to help him down. Andy goes down the slide in the back of the plane. We all get away from the plane and start laughing our asses off. First thing ken pulls out his camera and we get a group photo just as the rescue trucks start pulling up. So funny.

Anyway, after about an hour wait to get our stuff and a few pictures next to the plane, we have a cool story to tell. I always wanted to open up one of those exit doors to see how it was to jump out a plane. I'm just pissed I didnt get to have the one with a slide.

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_233064808.html
    Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 08-21-2006, 10:20 AM.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

My theory is all the Drift drivers on the plane began farting at once and filled the plane with left over tire smoke from Seattle.

Seriously, glad everyone is ok.

Comment

wow, that's scary!
      good job FD judges and staffs (^ ^)//

glad everyone was safe.

so, what was the cause ?

hiro

Comment

Andy and smoke, thats all i gotta say.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters

That's awesome!

Comment

wow

certified HEROES...glad everyone is ok

Comment

the plane could not hold such drift coolness haha

glad everyone made it out ok.

Mike Peters' Photochop skills>sliced bread......lol

Comment

Alex where was your trusty fire Extinguisher skillz!!!

Good Job way to stay brave in the face of danger. GET OUT AND RUN AWAY!!
                  Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

oh i just realize it was alaska airlines..they suck..they lost my luggage.Twice! when i went up to alaska last summer...fookers..

anyways yea..i bet the pilot was like "oh really,so we have pro drifters on board? Well, I guess I should some them some airplane drifting."

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                      the plane could not hold such drift coolness haha

glad everyone made it out ok.

Mike Peters' Photochop skills>sliced bread......lol

lol, thats mspaint.

Comment

daaaamn!! Just glad everyone was OK!

I bet you guys will NEVER forget Seattle now

Comment

Judge Ken looks good on TV!!!!
                          Hubert Young
                          KORE 8 Films

Comment

wow that is some crazy ish! wow good thing you are all alright!! didnt need to say by to ya as we were leavin an that be the last time we see any of you! damn.. i guess i am drift my way down to cali instead of flyin lol

Comment

i wish i was in plane how nice
                              (626) 786-7444
                              (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

MILANO MOTORSPORTS-Front-Clips
                              -Engine SWAPS/Installation
                              -Used Parts - all that and a bag of chips
                              -350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
                              www.cxracing.com
                              www.kaazusa.com