Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sae Kang good bye

Dear Drift lover

I am Jon from JIC-Magic. I (we) lost very important person. His name is Sae Kang. team Finish Line Dunlop team owner. he was loving drifting.He was like my young brother. I (we) are very sad. I want to say good bye and never forget about you. my young brother.

JON

JIC-Magic Team owner

sorry to hear, best wishes to his friends and family

Comment

what a big loss

sae,
      my prayers are with you and your loved ones. rest in peace. i will never forget you

Comment

Wow this is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing crazy!

I had such a shitty weekend then I get a call from Wesuri regarding Sae. This is really sad, Sae was such a cool dude and It was fun hanging with him.

My condolences to his fams.

I hope Tony Schultz makes it out to Irwindale. This is truely freakin sad!

Comment

I am completely speechless right now.
          I can only express my deepest sorrow and condolences to his family.
          My prayers and best wishes go to you Sae, RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post

I hope Tony Schulz makes it out to Irwindale. This is truely freakin sad!
            We will be there.....

Comment

Sae was an all around nice dude, my condolences to his family.

RIP Sae

Comment

On behalf of everyone here at Formula Drift, we express our sadness and condolences to Sae's family and friends. We have lost a truly unique figure in the drifting community.

Sae, our brother, may you rest in peace.

Comment

I did not personally know Sae but I send my condolences to his family. It's a sad day whenever we lose any one within the drifting community.

Comment

I am proud to say that I knew Sae very well and we were very good friends. He always made negatives into positives and always gave me advice on life, work, and to look at things in different ways.

Sae, we'll all miss you. Drifting community will not be the same without you.

Comment

This is Tony Schulz. I hardly know what to say right now. Sae's passing has been such a horrible blow to me, his family, and to a huge number of friends. He was a lot more than just a team owner to me. I can't really think straight enough right now to compose a message worthy of describing how greatly he touched so many peoples' lives... It's taken me 20 minutes of editing to get this far.

It took little time more for the word to spread to tons of people all across the county. After calling the first few to deliver the sad news, I was receiving calls from people I didn't imagine could know yet; and virtually every person I tried to notify had heard... a testament to how significant his life was. The huge outpouring of support, the shared loss and sympathy, the desire of so many to help the shop and team is much appreciated, and in a way, even heartbreaking.

We (Finish Line), hope to be at Irwindale to see the Formula D season to its conclusion. There is much desire to continue the shop and team in Sae's name. Sae was the kingpin, one that's hard to replace... a lot of hard work and tough decisions will pass before we know what can be done.

Thank you,
                      Tony Schulz

Sae Kang Shop Fund
                      Last edited by foilman; 10-02-2006, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Good bye old friend ... Rest in peace

I got a phone call from Tony saying that Sae had passed away on Friday morning. The details on how and why he passed are still unclear, however, it had something to do with his fitness regiment for body building. I am stilll in shock.

Sae was young, in great shape and had a lot going for him and his new business, Finishline Motorports. He was a great friend to me, the Battle of the Imports and to many others and will sorely be missed.

In the almost 10-years I have personally known him, he lived a happy life and did what made him happy. He always had on a smile and was always willing to help someone in need.

During this difficult time, I will try and remember all of the great times we had hanging out together: drinking in k-town (both in L.A. and Atlanta), coming to my wedding, making Mike throw up and pass out in the truck, all the BOTI events you came to, Formula D, D1, your crazy *Censored**Censored**Censored* dog that almost took out glen's nose, showing me how to drift a full size dually, the sidewalk incident where you smashed in your own face, slamming crown shots at the pink pony, the all you can eat bbq restaurants in L.A., tinga-tinga with ur cousins in L.A., smashing his oil pan down Western Ave., you calling me for directions driving across country, and a lot more.

I still plan on teaching Jacob how to ride a dirt bike, even though you promised you would.

And as tears start to fall, I would like to say, "thanks for the friendship and memories. rest in peace you son of a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and wait for us in heaven."

Your friend and hyong,

Frank Choi

Comment

with all due respect, can i ask what happend?

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER View Post
                            with all due respect, can i ask what happend?
                            We are still waiting on the medical examiner's report for the official word, but rather than keep people waiting and rumors from starting...

I'm pretty sure it was a heart attack, regardless, it happened in the morning while he slept on Friday, Sept. 29th. When I went to his room he was unconscious and hardly breathing (if at all). I started CPR, and when the ambulance arrived he had only the faintest signs of life, and never gained consciousness. Probably a combination of factors: pushing himself too hard with caffeine pills, energy drinks, working out, so driven with all his efforts and too little rest, maybe even some kind of breathing complication like sleep apnea. He worked hard, played hard, and lived life to the fullest.

Comment

wow Tony just remember that u did all u could man it is heart breaking when someone has to experience something like that

Comment

Working...
                              X