No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT LONG BEACH l 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had the great pleasure of working with deane at our falken camp, great kid and his dad is way cool too! kid has something working for him, i think it wont be the last time we see him!

Comment

Originally posted by tougekids View Post
      Sakesoba:
      "I'm all for saving the planet, but general admission seats were mostly behind a big tree blocking the action.

Cut down a tree ? Or simply move bleachers to a better location (behind turn 1 & 2 where the jumbo screen was). The set-up was better 4, or so many, years ago where seats were on both sides of turn 1 & 2."

That's very true I noticed that too, they should change that for next years Long Beach Event. But, you should have gotten your tickets earlier, to avoid that problem. I was seating in Grand Stand 18 and the seating was awsome you could see the track really good and see the drivers coming in and out of the corners.
      Yeah, I'll do that for future events. I guess I'm just used to the older events where it was mainly VIP section and general admission. Not 'VIP section, GA (who bought early) and GA event day (haha loser you get to sit behind a tree).'

But I'll get off my soap box... and I'll say it again, Overall I really had fun.

Comment

I believe Forrest is still considered a rookie just the same as Dean Kearney / Freddy Aasbo are rookies. I'm well aware of the run he made in '08. He literally had 1 run, and didn't even make it to the first clipping point. Clearly he is approaching this season much differently...

Comment

Really?

Wang was licenced in 08 and showed up to a few rounds but did not qualify.

Comment

When I go to a real sporting event (Dodgers Game, Lakers Game, Kings Game) the music and the announcer DO NOT play over the game. They come on between the action.

Why are we still being blasted with Ads and Music DURING THE ACTION?

The fellow in the Red Supra was amazing and restored my faith in drifting for now.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              Really?

Wang was licenced in 08 and showed up to a few rounds but did not qualify.
              He showed up in Long Beach on Hawaiian time, his car was given a 1-event provisional for tech (he already missed all of practice and 1 qualifying run) and stuffed it into the tires in turn 1.

He showed up at Vegas, but his car hadn't been corrected and he didn't pass tech.

That's it.

He drove a few events in '07 NOPI and was kicking *Censored**Censored**Censored* in '08 NOPI before NOPI left town. of course he also did the entire '09 D1 season. But only 1 pass at 1 FD event ever.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It was a tremendous event for us yet I don't think our staff has been so exhausted and tired after an event. This was one of the most challenging internally for us, yet it still seemed to come off without a hitch except the banner that was blocking parts of grandstand 25. When I heard about that issue, we got it cut down though.

I am still constantly amazed by the progression in driver ability and ingenuity. Big ups to Rhys for whatever he did to make his car work better for him and congrats to JR who I felt was long over due for a win. For him, I imagine it could not have been a better time. Aasbo, you surprised everyone and I think Jarod will have to re-think his definition of the word "gangster" as you have now changed it I believe.

Off to ATL

Ryan

Comment

great event, great drifting... GA bleachers sucked... the car show = FAIL... lack of signage on where to go, and when drifting action was going to start.

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_Fan View Post
                    great event, great drifting... GA bleachers sucked... the car show = FAIL... lack of signage on where to go, and when drifting action was going to start.
                    The GA bleachers really sucked. Good thing I bought tickets early and sat in the reserve. My friends that sat in the GA section vowed they would never come out to this event unless they sat in reserved. I heard alot of bitching and moaning out there in the GA. Not only do you see only 1 turn of action, you couldn't even see the jumbo screen to watch the replays.

A couple years ago, there were 2 jumbo screens at the event. What happened to that? What happened to the other bleachers that were across the judging tower?

I thought the car show was the best one ever for an FD event. That lot was packed with over 180 cars compared to last years 30 car car show. That was an epic failure.

For some reason, the event seemed to run smoother than past events. There wasn't too much waiting around for the judges to score the runs.

Awesome event.

Comment

Great way to start off the 2010 season!!

Comment

Great time, not as many booths at this event as Irwindale the last time I went,but I guess that is to be expected. No complaints here.

Comment

UH-mazing!!!!!
                          Thank you drift fans and of course sponsors, media, crews and last but definitely not least the PILOTS behind the wheel!!!

Progression in more ways than one, vehicles, driving and professionalism!

I personally had a great time! I feel bad for the GA bleachers and would love for everybody to come and sit with me in the judging stand, I feel lucky and blessed for what I'm able to do and experience every drift event...

congrats Vaughn, Rhys and Tanner for some more carbon fiber in your diet (the FD trophies are carbon fiber)

Thanks again fans and see you in Atlanta!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod View Post
                            UH-mazing!!!!!
                            Thank you drift fans and of course sponsors, media, crews and last but definitely not least the PILOTS behind the wheel!!!

Progression in more ways than one, vehicles, driving and professionalism!

I personally had a great time! I feel bad for the GA bleachers and would love for everybody to come and sit with me in the judging stand, I feel lucky and blessed for what I'm able to do and experience every drift event...

congrats Vaughn, Rhys and Tanner for some more carbon fiber in your diet (the FD trophies are carbon fiber)

Thanks again fans and see you in Atlanta!

I enjoyed your hosting on the live-feed!!

Comment

Fd lb 2010

Overall, I thought the event was fun, organized, busy & the staff was very nice .

My only problem was that I spoke to some of the car show participants & they were complaining about not getting judged & being in the secluded area. One of the guys complained that they couldn't leave because the entrance was block & they had to wait until the drifting was done to leave.

As for my opinion of the drifting, it is about time JR wins. As always I expect Rhys & Tanner to get some place on the podium. Congrats guys. Wish all the drivers weren't so busy so that I could do more interviews with them & ask them cool questions. Next time I guess & I will get a microphone too.

The live video feeds were awesome too. Too bad they take a long time to load & freezes sometimes.

Comment

I think the car show was the best it has been in some years

Cool miatas, cool old school nissans...

I want to make a offer to the dude with the white E36s M3... that thing is cool

Big ups to fatlace

Comment

Working...
                                X