No announcement yet.

(LIVE-VIDEO FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Long Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its was first time ive seen Formula Drift live it was a blast! the production team did a great job for it being first time. i was wastching on livestream.com everytime it started to lag bad i refresh the page no lag for about 20 min then lag would start agn due to the 2,000+ people watching . i've never hit the share button so manys times life! i finely just open tab for share page so i didnt have to miss any action. i would i like to see in the furture. 1.Ms.Formula Drift Melyssa Grace be on starting line for the finals to wave the flag (old school FD) = D. 2.production team be more aware of a 5 mins pit for the finals (driftstream miss Finals 2ed run live had wait for replay). 3. like speedhunters said chase car cam. well thank you for livestream! hope to get 4k viewers at round 2 ATL. Travis aka TRAVY

Comment

Travis,

Saw you in the chatrooms all day long, thank you for your support. We love the suggestion about the chase cam, but we have to walk before we can run. We will keep you updated with any new technology integrations.

Originally posted by Travis_Sooy View Post
      its was first time ive seen Formula Drift live it was a blast! the production team did a great job for it being first time. i was wastching on livestream.com everytime it started to lag bad i refresh the page no lag for about 20 min then lag would start agn due to the 2,000+ people watching . i've never hit the share button so manys times life! i finely just open tab for share page so i didnt have to miss any action. i would i like to see in the furture. 1.Ms.Formula Drift Melyssa Grace be on starting line for the finals to wave the flag (old school FD) = D. 2.production team be more aware of a 5 mins pit for the finals (driftstream miss Finals 2ed run live had wait for replay). 3. like speedhunters said chase car cam. well thank you for livestream! hope to get 4k viewers at round 2 ATL. Travis aka TRAVY

Comment

I watched some of the Qualifying runs on my iPhone Friday on 3G -- it seemed to work fine other than dropping in and out a few times. I assumed you were just working out the hiccups related to a new setup.

Saturday, I hopped on and didn't expect to be sitting at my computer all day. I definitely noticed the servers giving way when things got over the ~1800 concurrent viewers mark, but I think that's sort of a nice problem to have (that is to say, having so many viewers that you overshoot target hardware/bandwidth). Even with some lag and choppiness, I really enjoyed the stream.

I only had a couple gripes... Jarod occasionally would go on and off mic, but that only happened a few times. That being said, hearing the background chatter from the judges booth and having them hop on the mic was a great addition. Also, around the Great 8 (maybe?) the camera shooting the first turn started bouncing around a lot. Might have been wind or shaky stands?

I can't underscore how important I feel these live streams are to the growth of the sport. It lets fans around the country (world?) follow along live instead of just reading updates/scavenging a few YouTube videos. I was really excited to hear a friend was watching at the same time in another state and we could chat about what we'd just seen happen. Related, the on demand video was great, since I was able to say "hey, check out the Aasbo vs Mourdaunt battle in Great 8" and a friend was able to simply fast forward and see it.

Short version: wordswordswords

Comment

Wow, now this is the kind of feedback we need! It's good to see someone articulate the value of the chat feature.

Keep them coming guys!

Originally posted by b_hydra View Post
          I watched some of the Qualifying runs on my iPhone Friday on 3G -- it seemed to work fine other than dropping in and out a few times. I assumed you were just working out the hiccups related to a new setup.

Saturday, I hopped on and didn't expect to be sitting at my computer all day. I definitely noticed the servers giving way when things got over the ~1800 concurrent viewers mark, but I think that's sort of a nice problem to have (that is to say, having so many viewers that you overshoot target hardware/bandwidth). Even with some lag and choppiness, I really enjoyed the stream.

I only had a couple gripes... Jarod occasionally would go on and off mic, but that only happened a few times. That being said, hearing the background chatter from the judges booth and having them hop on the mic was a great addition. Also, around the Great 8 (maybe?) the camera shooting the first turn started bouncing around a lot. Might have been wind or shaky stands?

I can't underscore how important I feel these live streams are to the growth of the sport. It lets fans around the country (world?) follow along live instead of just reading updates/scavenging a few YouTube videos. I was really excited to hear a friend was watching at the same time in another state and we could chat about what we'd just seen happen. Related, the on demand video was great, since I was able to say "hey, check out the Aasbo vs Mourdaunt battle in Great 8" and a friend was able to simply fast forward and see it.

Short version: wordswordswords

Comment

Best thing ever! Now I won't miss a beat of FD this season even though I can't be there most of the time!
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

I think the fans would like to see more of what is going on in the hot pits/starting grid when they are waiting for 5 minutes, but other than that all the feedback I have heard has been very posotive.
              Ernie Fixmer
              Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
              Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
                I think the fans would like to see more of what is going on in the hot pits/starting grid when they are waiting for 5 minutes, but other than that all the feedback I have heard has been very posotive.
                Yup for stream and the show

Comment

i thought it was awesome, the only thing that really bothered me was the lag.the chat was also a nice thing to have

Comment

We are definitely looking into solutions that would allow us to provide this kind of coverage. We feel it is necessary to truly provide a comprehensive live experience.

Originally posted by Ernie View Post

Comment

We are looking into ways to make sure lag will not be a problem for Atlanta.

Originally posted by driftiteasy0313 View Post
                      i thought it was awesome, the only thing that really bothered me was the lag.the chat was also a nice thing to have

Comment

great job with the live drift stream i watched it from Romania on the web there were no problems
                        congrats for the initiative i'm looking forward to see the next rounds

Comment

Thanks Edi! You wouldn't believe the international traffic we got on Saturday. I think half of Norway tuned in to see Frederic LOL

What is the drifting scene like in Romania? What kind of car do you have?

Originally posted by Edi View Post
                          great job with the live drift stream i watched it from Romania on the web there were no problems
                          congrats for the initiative i'm looking forward to see the next rounds

Comment

formula drift deserves that kind of attention from my point of view it' s the best drift series around the world, the speeds that the drivers are drifting are.... speachless.

like all around the world the drift phenomenon is also growing in our country but the lack of the infrastucture it's a real problem (we don't have a race circuit and this affects all the motorsport competions not only the drift one) we are struggling.

i don't have a drift car but i'm a big drift fan and i'm also the PR manager for one of the best and the most charismatic drfit driver from our country Sorin "HAI" on a Nissan Silvia S14A.

the cars are mostly Bmw E30, 3 or 4 Nissan Skyline, Nissan Silvia S13, S14, toyota AE86, Bmw E36

here is a short footage from qualifing in round 2 from our championship
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yoJo...layer_embedded

sorry for the offtopic and please move this post where you consider is more suitable. thanks

Comment

Edi thanks for sharing, good to see all the support for Formula Drift

Originally posted by Edi View Post
                              formula drift deserves that kind of attention from my point of view it' s the best drift series around the world, the speeds that the drivers are drifting are.... speachless.

like all around the world the drift phenomenon is also growing in our country but the lack of the infrastucture it's a real problem (we don't have a race circuit and this affects all the motorsport competions not only the drift one) we are struggling.

i don't have a drift car but i'm a big drift fan and i'm also the PR manager for one of the best and the most charismatic drfit driver from our country Sorin "HAI" on a Nissan Silvia S14A.

the cars are mostly Bmw E30, 3 or 4 Nissan Skyline, Nissan Silvia S13, S14, toyota AE86, Bmw E36

here is a short footage from qualifing in round 2 from our championship
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yoJo...layer_embedded

sorry for the offtopic and please move this post where you consider is more suitable. thanks

Comment

Hey, 1st the liveStream was just GREAT, I literary just sat all afternoon at my computer to watch formula D. Looking forwand to watching Road Atlanta, since i was going to drive down there from New Jersey with a few Friends and family but it aint happening nomore and i cant afford the trip by myself, i guess i just wait for New Jersey.

Anyways, besides a few things already mentioned by others
                                the top 16 ceremony was not shown completely, only saw the drivers presentantion but not the burnouts and or the other cool stuff the drivers do together. Alse i like to see more interaction with the whole event, the car show, the pits, the drivers during break after the top 32. Girls man!!! i wanna see the girls!!!
                                A camara at the starting line will be nice to see the car and the drivers before they take off. If u could get audio from each individual camara it would be great to get the full car sound and loudness experiense like in a live formula D event.

All in all it was much more than i expected the liveStream would be before i saw it

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X