ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Samuel win against Forseberg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG and Alex made some very good points in this thread. I've been in this industry too long...to the point where I hear gossip all the time. I also hear the truth. Not the "pretty" stuff that the typical consumer sees/hears.

I hear about stuff both here and from my friends in Japan. My friends in Japan are actively involved in D1 and sponsors a driver or two.

I've heard controversy ever since the first US D1 competition. From the controversy involving certain drivers to cars to other issues...

The judging is biased. Much like judging at the Olympics, if a judge has a "favorite event" (gymnastics - vault for example), they may tend to be biased towards that event. Same goes towards a "favorite competitor". And in this case, a "favorite car" (AE86). I'm not saying that an automatic win will occur for a driver of a "favorite car". A part of human nature is being biased....you can't help that.

Maybe a better way to do things, would be to revise the judging system (much like the current US gymnastics controversy)? Instead of 3 judges, it should be 5...with 2 judges votes randomly thrown out every time? (Of course, this would require more man power to actual run...something I don't expect to see due to lack of $$$$$$).

Another suggestion, would be to clearly define the rules for the drivers. Maybe one driver doesn't interpret the rules the same as the next driver?
    Here is Sam's website w/ his interpretation of the rules for D1.
    http://www.toxicdrift.com/toxic_info.htm

And as suggested, Formula D needs to have more clear cut rules regarding a few areas...like what type of vehicles are allowed and which ones are not allowed.

It'll take time before the kinks are ironed out. Just need to get the "right" people to hear your concerns...

Dom

Comment

Working...
    X