• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drift matic
    what will be the course layout for the event at irwindale
    Damnit...stole my question!

Comment

I STRONGLY suggest that you make up a new sponser rule. No cars that are sponsered by food or drink compainies. No M&M's, no beer, no Coke, no Wheaties, etc. I think that this would be a good rule to help keep drifting from turning into Nascar. Is this a possible thing?

Comment

drifting rules...

Comment

anything in Florida, preferably Tampa Bay?

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
            I STRONGLY suggest that you make up a new sponser rule. No cars that are sponsered by food or drink compainies. No M&M's, no beer, no Coke, no Wheaties, etc. I think that this would be a good rule to help keep drifting from turning into Nascar. Is this a possible thing?
            I don't agree with that. The more sponsors you can bring to drifting the better. How do you expect everything to get payed for?

Comment

Originally posted by carcontrol7
              I don't agree with that. The more sponsors you can bring to drifting the better. How do you expect everything to get payed for?
              I see where your coming from but imagine Rhys Millen Sponsored by Frosted Flakes...

Comment

Originally posted by Drift IT
                I see where your coming from but imagine Rhys Millen Sponsored by Frosted Flakes...
                toobad hes not from australia, then he could be sponsored by fosters.
                and that would be neat.
                heh how many of the FD pros are even old enough to have alcohol.

Comment

Yeah, are you serious? I'd have my car sponsored by Diet Coke if they paid my entry fees.

Rules against food and drink sponsors? To keep drifting from turning into NASCAR. The mind boggles.

The origins of drifting and NASCAR were actually closer than you probably think.

Comment

Originally posted by Slonie
                    Yeah, are you serious? I'd have my car sponsored by Diet Coke if they paid my entry fees.

Rules against food and drink sponsors? To keep drifting from turning into NASCAR. The mind boggles.

The origins of drifting and NASCAR were actually closer than you probably think.
                    I'm all for sponsership that isn't related to racing... You must think about it from the marketer's perspective also.

When you're reaching out to a group of 20-30 year olds, do you market it with NASCAR? I think NASCAR appeals to more older guys. Marketers want their target audience to be exposed to their product.

Now imagine you're a driver and a company such as Coke or Pepsi chooses to spsonser your car. Would you accept or reject? Think about this a bit more if you think reject. If they're willing to pay for the whole project so you can be a full time driver and head mechanic, would you accept?

Now put the two ideas together and you get marketing...

It's not a one way street. Why do you think NASCAR drivers and all other drivers jock their sponsers soo frikkin much at events such as this? Sponsership isn't free... You earn sponsership by marketing yourself to companies that need marketing...

Matt.

Comment

1.Will you guys come to PA?(My friend wanted to ask you guys)
                      Yes, we are looknig to come there in '05

We are not even close to that point yet, but no organization in the world, racing or otherwise would disallow such sponsors. All you can do is regulate. FYI, 9 times out of 10 drivers solicit their own sponsors for their vehicles so in all reality that is something they are in charge of. We cannont control that. As far as the series is concerned we are pretty keen on not throwing in any sponsor unless it is the right fit.

drifting rules...
                      ? Not sure I understand. Rules are available for anyone that wants them.

anything in Florida, preferably Tampa Bay?
                      Flordia yes, Tamp probably not, next year probably no. I think ATL is as far South East as we will go until '06

FD pros are even old enough to have alcohol.
                      Most of them

Comment

so.i heard that some US drifters on the Formula D thing right now..might not complete next year......if they arent gonna complete in Formula D next year who will?or you'll have to hold something thing like."Formula D Drivers Search"?if you have to hold the "Drivers Search" thing then i don't think next year will be as big as this year.

Comment

so.i heard that some US drifters on the Formula D thing right now..might not complete next year......if they arent gonna complete in Formula D next year who will?or you'll have to hold something thing like."Formula D Drivers Search"?if you have to hold the "Drivers Search" thing then i don't think next year will be as big as this year.
                          We will not hold driver search's next year. We are at capacity as it is for driver entries.

Comment

Do you think after FD has been running for a while they can hold a national race. Like have D1, FD and anyother world drifting events come together and have one big event. Any thoughts on that? Or does D1 not want to have anything to do with outside competitions?

One more thing. I'm really into RC Drifting. You guys planning on having events for that at every FD? I know you are going to have one at this event and I think that is great!
                            Last edited by evanstewy; 08-24-2004, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Do you think after FD has been running for a while they can hold a national race. Like have D1, FD and anyother world drifting events come together and have one big event. Any thoughts on that? Or does D1 not want to have anything to do with outside competitions?
                              Ya we approached D1 with this after we finished the first one. They did not want to do anything like that. We would love to do a FD vs D1 event after our pros establish themselves a little more. As we have seen this year there are a few guys that can hang right now in my opinion. Anyone that has not seen these guys drive for a while you will be blown away at Irwindale

Comment

Do you know what part of PA you looked at?

Comment

Working...
                                X