Ask RYAN HAMPTON Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RyanHampton
    When I turned 18 my parents helped fund me building a race car. It was a 1986 Nissan 200SX with independant rear susp.
    Do you think the S12 would make a good drift car?

Originally posted by RyanHampton
    I gained the nickname asses and elbows that year, because my car was never straight and always sideways so it was alot more work to make the car go fast.
    Should we revive that nickname?

Comment

• Ryan, will you be at the D1 Drivers search on December 11th?

Comment

• I believe he is going to the D1 Driviers search. Last I spoke to him he was.

Anyway, the FC is getting a new clutch this weekend as well as some gauges, and a real good cleaning. So Ryan you car will be ready to go.

Comment

Need for speed underground is kind of retarded as far as physics go...thats what you get for having a second rate formula atlantic driver help with the programing...(You know the guy at the beginning of the game, he is a tool, I know for a fact).

Hehehe, does that mean we should ignore his disclaimer at opening credits and street race, not wear our seatbelts, and drive like maniacs?

Either way, I'm glad to be enlightened

(err, sp?)

Comment

• wuts going to happen to your FC?

can u ship it to me to israel? ill pay shipping. (really)

Comment

• Hey,

Thanks for all the questions!!

Craftsman,

Of course I am trying to get into the JGTC, those cars are really fun to drive I hear. On the other hand I have no connections to any Japanese teams so it will be highly unlikely!

FC_Raul,

I don't like the NSX because it is a boring car to drive. In essence it does everything too well with a tendency to have a big understeer. I like cars that are challenging or scary to drive. i.e. Porsche 911 (Ask Alex about those cars). The NSX just dosen't have any "personality". My heros are James Hunt, AJ Foyt for racing, and Kazzama and Koguchi for drifting. I guess it was Chris Cook, or myself (I'm not trying to sound conceited). I was doing it without knowing it wasw drifting for about 3 years, until
              I had a Japanese student. Then I just did the research on the internet and found out they were doing it here in the states. Then I just went to a Drift Day with a guy named Ryan Yap from here in AZ. I guess you could say he officiallly got me into drifting. As far as the D1/JGTC thing I think it is a great idea!! It should have been that from the start. I think it will expose some of the racing fans to drifting. Also I think it will help the scene as a whole. The battle us drifters are fight is the motorsports community dosen't feel that "drifting" is a real motorsport, well that is starting to change and this will help. I listen to everything..is that too vague? Everything from Trance to Industrial to Rap to Punk to Rock to Classical. I was a musician before a driver.. If I told you who my altime favorite band is you would probably think I was nuts. Its Skinny Puppy, although I just bought the new Green Day yesterday, and Petey Pablo the week before. So I am alll over the map on that. The S12 should make a good drift car, if it had horsepower! It has the same susp. as the FC (trailing arm). I still think the S13-15 is better with its 5 link though. Revive the name, I don't know. I kind of liken' the new one "hamster" as of lately.

Valkyrie,
              Yeah ignore the disclaimer cause the guy probably drives like a jackass on the street himself. Oh wait no he dosen't, I'm sadly mistaken only the "good" racecar drivers do that. MUHAHAHAHAAA.

Yarzan,
              If you want I can send it over!!! No, I think I will keep it over here I 've grown emotionally attached..

Thanks Guys
              & Regards
              Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

• im gonna be laughing about you liking skinny puppy for a while :P

Comment

• hey ryan where can I find performance stuff for a 1980 corolla 3tc?
                  what I'm trying to look for is camshaft, pistons, headers, pulleys, crankshaft, strut bars etc.

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by 3tc
                    hey ryan where can I find performance stuff for a 1980 corolla 3tc?
                    what I'm trying to look for is camshaft, pistons, headers, pulleys, crankshaft, strut bars etc.

thanks
                    You're asking the wrong guy... You should ask this in the 4AG forums or something man. This is a thread asking Ryan Hampton questions.

Comment

• Actually,

I would check with TRD. or Alex Pfeiffer. Hes the toyota expert. Also go check out some of theh local SCCA races. A friend of mine used to race one of those in ITC, I will see what he has to say. Most of his stuff was stock, short of bushing, spings/ coil over kit, etc.

thanks!
                      Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

• Ryan I have a question: I know i own a shop I should know this. But i have a customer with a 1986 200sx and was wondering, suspension wise, what is out there for it

Comment

• hey Ryan, it's been a while and I thought I'd swing in a see how everything was going. You been busy getting prepped for the '05 season? Did you figure out who you were gonna go with sponsor-wise? I ended up just putting the FC in the garage for now, and picked up a '92 Miata to get me from place to place (it's already drift-ready w/ 28-way coilovers and Mazdaspeed 2-way plus more, but that's not why I got it) . I'm still not certain what I'm going to do with the FC entirely, but at least I don't have to worry about keeping it streetable. Any ideas?

Comment

Actually,

I would check with TRD. or Alex Pfeiffer. Hes the toyota expert. Also go check out some of theh local SCCA races. A friend of mine used to race one of those in ITC, I will see what he has to say. Most of his stuff was stock, short of bushing, spings/ coil over kit, etc.

thanks!
                            Sorry for the thread Hijacking man...

Anyways, how is the 180SX? Can you tell us the ins and outs of the car as far as you can tell?

Comment

• HOLLYWOODHAMPTON:-)

If you ever get the chance why don't you gimmie a call. We really need some help setting up the our Drift Club and I also need to get some sponsers for our Shop's Demo FD-Grip Spec and Demo FC-Drift Spec; I thought you might be able to help.

Brandon Meade-503.709.2849<----Wholesale Parts to the Public!

We have 300 drifters (OR,WA,ID,BC&Alaska!) that are in desperate need of organization and were just waiting for outside help. I got names and contact info for a bunch of them and we've already started instructing (more like demostarting over and over) proper drift control and slide inducing teqniques.

Also, the city officials of Portland and Seattle-Tacoma our getting tired of Honda F@ggz, and drifters alike throwing their cars into oncoming traffic and drunk drifting into homes in the middle of the night. They admitt that the finacial backing of some sort of "Friday Night Driftoff or something like it" at PIR or the Cheney Stadium or SafeCo Parking Lot center might be feasable. Well, when you compare it to an all-time high percentage of accidents involving speed racing or drifting it's starts to make since to the politicians i quess.

I am not smart enough nor responsible enough to help run a regional car club and am in need of assistance. I am hoping naoki or someone else you know could help. I think I can get the instructors and I think i can convince the local drifters to pay a membership fee/course fee and that we can all get along and help each other out by propelling each other. I have also been scouting talent and am very pleased at the level of these kidz. Kids with such raw talent it'll make you sick. Imagine if these kidz got half the seat time the Nippz(no offense) have.

Anywayz I figured since you were too busy to answer my callz you might respond via this message board thing. Thanx Budd.

Oh yeah, best of luck to you with the FD/RX8 and your JGTC aspirations. I really would like to know more about drift alliance and i would love to sell drift alliance products (Like Wheelz that have universal bolt patternz and a FATTY polished mag lip)
                              Last edited by ; 12-14-2004, 01:22 PM.

Comment

My heros are James Hunt, AJ Foyt for racing, and Kazzama and Koguchi for drifting.
                                What's it like driving one of your heros old car?

Have you gotten used to shifting with your left hand yet?

Are you on any of the local boards like www.az240sx.org or www.azrx7.com ?

Comment

Working...
                                X