No announcement yet.

FAF3 TD sucking..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a lot of drivers who liked it, and I know some of the people here at Modified really enjoyed it. If I was to rate it out of 10 I would give it a 7.

Originally posted by ///AMG
    How much was it? I dunno I saw it free..lol
    Anyway this Movie is not sucking, I think my thread title is harsh..srry..
    It just did not open at 50 Mil this first week.
    It will do fine and the movie is actually pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHampton
      So total sales is 42 million?

So 5,006,353 people saw the movie...@$8.50 per ticket.

or 4,800,000 people saw the movie...@$8.75 per ticket.
      It cost 10 bucks to see a movie around here.

I actually paid 10.50 when I saw FF3 because I used that fandango machine thing

Comment

Originally posted by ModifiedGuy
        I know a lot of drivers who liked it, and I know some of the people here at Modified really enjoyed it. If I was to rate it out of 10 I would give it a 7.
        Hey FYI we have a Drift Alliance bad As Hell online contest at Modified next month.

and 10.50!!!!!!!!! Thats a year supply of Tip Ties dewd!!! are you crazy!!

Comment

Originally posted by ///AMG
          and 10.50!!!!!!!!! Thats a year supply of Tip Ties dewd!!! are you crazy!!
          I got no choice dude I live in So Cal. And most of the theaters near by dont do student discounts anymore.

Even if I watched it during the day I probably would have paid 9 bucks.

Comment

yea... i paid 10 bucks over in LA. movies are getting more and more expensive these days.... imho, i cant believe i paid this much to watch drifting is a parking structure.... what in the world!? was the budget really that tight? 85 mil is a lot of money...

Comment

Well I personally would never pay to see a Jack Black movie, the guy couldn't make a funny movie if his life depended on it. Anyways, it didn't seem like people were really that hyped for it, when I went besides me and two of my buddies, there were maybe 12 other people in the theatre. After the first two co,ing out not so great, I don't think people were expecting much, to be honest neither was I, I just went for the driving.

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                was the budget really that tight? 85 mil is a lot of money...
                You have to think about all the cars they had to buy and build. Every car you saw in the movie (The Evo, the bad guy's 350z, the veilside RX-7, that blue RX-8, the other bad guys yellow 350Z, the RB26 Mustang) they all had several replicas built.

Plus all the costs of paying the crew and getting permits and travel and paying the actors and everyone behind the scenes. Also they did actually flim some of it in Japan and that had to be extremely expensive..and all the promotional stuff, TV ads, posters, radio spots, sweepstakes.

All that adds up man.

If anything they overspent because the first one didn't cost that much to make and it was just as good.

Was all that money allocated the way it should have been? Who knows.. but I feel like I got my 10.50 worth.

Comment

Having spent all day at Universal yesterday I understand 4 is in the works. Not sure about anything, but as I understand it the Vin Diesel cameo at the end was more for future planning than for "ole time sakes"

Comment

I just got really frustrated at the movie. The plot was transparent, and a step or two below the already abysmal plots of the first two. True, you can justify that its just a movie about the cars and the driving, and that the other stuf is secondary, but all the driving scenes were too staccato, choppy, and had a really forced feeling to them that prevented me from really getting into it, the FD was covered in that awful body kit. When it got destroyed, it was almost a mercy killing. Then the RX-8, altho not nearly as over-estrogenized as the burn-your-eye-cones-out pink S2000 in 2F2F, was still relegated to the female character and downplayed the same way as the S2000 was.
                    The mustang conversion was pretty cool from an engineering and tech standpoint, i dont know how i feel about it otherwise, and that they dropped it in in a day, got everything hooked up, all the mounts fabbed, the clutch/gearbox/prop-shaft/diff mating problems taken care of, and all of the other *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* that woulda been necessary in a previously untried swap is a bit too much.
                    Overall, some better editing and a little bit more in the way of storyline would have turned it into an acceptable movie in its own right, but as it stands, it was just playing off of the previous F&F movies, with a few cheesy guest appearances, some of which are lost on most people

Comment

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I did download it. Not because I can't afford to pay for the ticket, because I went to see X3, Nacho and Cars, but more along the lines that this is one of those movies that I really can't see myself contributing any bank account towards. Not to only be seated to a 12 year old who screams everytime he sees his "favorite car" slide across the screen.

Honestly, I love domestic cars, so to hear that they put a V6TT Japanese engine (a very beautiful and mighty engine don't get me wrong) into a Mustang, it kinda made me throwup in my mouth a little and get a little angry. The V8 that they provide is more than sufficient for powering that vehicle on the strip, on the track and most definitely on the streets. But I guess this goes under the category of "To Each His Own".

Oh well, that's just one guy's take on the ordeal, the general overview from this thread (and I always make sure to read every post completely) is that most people like this movie, so when I get home (yeah, I'm at work, hahaha the beauty of high-paying corporate jobs right?) I'll make sure to give her a looksee.

Take Care Guys and Gals,
                      -Dave

Comment

They made an amusement park ride after the movie...there has to be a 4.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd557
                          I haven't seen the movie yet, but I did download it. Not because I can't afford to pay for the ticket, because I went to see X3, Nacho and Cars, but more along the lines that this is one of those movies that I really can't see myself contributing any bank account towards. Not to only be seated to a 12 year old who screams everytime he sees his "favorite car" slide across the screen.

Honestly, I love domestic cars, so to hear that they put a V6TT Japanese engine (a very beautiful and mighty engine don't get me wrong) into a Mustang, it kinda made me throwup in my mouth a little and get a little angry. The V8 that they provide is more than sufficient for powering that vehicle on the strip, on the track and most definitely on the streets. But I guess this goes under the category of "To Each His Own".

Oh well, that's just one guy's take on the ordeal, the general overview from this thread (and I always make sure to read every post completely) is that most people like this movie, so when I get home (yeah, I'm at work, hahaha the beauty of high-paying corporate jobs right?) I'll make sure to give her a looksee.

Take Care Guys and Gals,
                          -Dave
                          In line 6 not v6

Comment

ROFLOL, why does everyone correct me if I say V6 instead of I6 or S6. . . .lol. It's not like I don't know the difference, haha! My BMW has an I6, my Dad's Pontiac has a V6, lol!

I'm not trying to jump on you for correcting me, I appreciate it, it lets me know that there are some true automotive enthusiasts out there, but it just seems that everytime someone has the chance, they correct me on that. Like this Supra thread, I made the God Awful mistake of saying V-6, and you should have seen the tempers flare. It was quite amusing actually. In fact, I think I'll do that from now on, just to start controversy, I'll start saying V when a vehicle has an I, lol!

Just teasin,
                            Take Care.

P.S. I really do know the engines of the Skylines, I've crashed more Skylines than anyone else on my team has owned, ROFLOL!

Comment

ive passed gas in more skylines then you've crashed, but I guess thats my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                                ive passed gas in more skylines then you've crashed, but I guess thats my thing.

HAHAHAHAHA! That's funny as hell. HA!

Oh well, my total count is only 2, and that's only because the Marine Corps stationed me in Japan for a year and a half, lol! So that number really isn't that hard to top. I knew a few local-nationals who owned a number of Skylines and other rare Japan-Only cars in their driving career. The only thing that sucked about Japan is that whole 1 car per licensed person per household thing; and if I'm not mistaken (absolutely correct me if I'm wrong here) I believe at one point and time it was simply one car per household PERIOD. I couldn't imagine that, hahahaha, me having to give up 2 of my cars just because some guy in an overpriced Prada says so.

Take Care,
                                -Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X