• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Marshall Added to International Roster
    Posted by john

Tim Marshall - EDC
    Hometown - Leicestershire England
    Car - Nissan Skyline R33 with small block Chevy V8 race engine

I’ve been a race instructor for ten years and have been involved with racing from a young age starting as everyone does in karts. I became interested in drifting having seen a few clips on the internet of the Japanese guys on the streets and in competition. Having always been fascinated with driving cars sideways I was desperate to find out how to get involved. It was lucky for me that when I was working on the Nissan 350Z face lift launch in 2006 they had none other than Yasayuki Kazama giving passenger rides to members of the press. I managed to get a ride with him and in return he wanted to sit in and watch me drive. After his in car ride with me Kazama suggested to Andy Barnes, team manager of Sumo Power, that I drive his car in the 2006 D1GB championship. I did so and finished 5th in my first year of drifting.

For 2007 I would change teams and started my relationship with Apex Performance and their R33 Skyline. It was to be a development year for the team and a good job too as we now have a grave yard of RB25 engines. We managed 10th in the championship that year having attended only two of the rounds. Reliability with the RB was a big problem as we were pushing big power, 592bhp at one point.

2008 saw big changes. Gone was the RB25, replaced with a small block Chevy V8 race engine giving me the torque and reliability that I’ve always wanted. With the V8 we managed 3 wins and a third to finish 2nd in the championship, not bad for a developing year with a completely new engine. I’m now looking forward to the 2008 Red Bull World Championships in California.

Comment

Glad to see eric make the list. Is Shane Lynch gonna make the cut this year?

Comment

Luke Fink Added to International Roster
        Posted by john

Luke Finkf - Drift Australia
        Hometown - LPoint Cook
        Car - Nissan S14

Luke Fink grew up in country south Australia, brought up by his father glen fink a single parent.
        Luke quickly grew up and moved away from his life in south Australia at the age of 14, where he moved to the city to acquire work.

It was in the city that Luke stumbled onto bmx through friends from school, in which he started riding for fun.
        This quickly turned into competition riding and after doing extremely well in the Australian scene Luke moved his riding to overseas competitions and entered the 2003 world bmx street championships, after a successful competition Luke won the world championship.

He spent another year traveling the world competing in other competitions such as x-games in the USA.
        Upon returning to Australia at the age of 21 Luke got his license and started driving for transport to go out bmx riding, just by chance a group of friends were into drifting and Luke saw this and he seemed quite interested.
        This led to Luke giving it a go for himself, after around 6 months of practice in a Holden VL commodore he brought an import (Nissan sil80) and entered his first competition and ended up placing in the top 4 on his first time in competition.
        After a few more competitions holford motors owner Dominic saw Luke drive and decided to give him a seat for a drive at round 4 of the Drift Australia Toyo tires drift series 2006 in the holford motors s14, which he won on debut and threw Luke into the Australian drifting spotlight.

Luke then secured a drive with Holford motors for the entire 2007 and 2008 Drift Australia series.

Comment

So, all these DUDES are coming out here for this event.

Streets of Long Beach seems to be an AWESOME event for Formula D (the professional drifters choice of series) ((USA #1))

So, how bad arse is the RED BULL thing going to be?

It sounds freakin sweet.

Do we have any news of the course layout?
          Is this going to be like a 3rd gear deal or 4th gear?

Will there be grand stands?

I'm pretty sure this is going to be so killer and rad.

Look, I want to go.

Please, help a brother out.

Where do we park? How do we get there? Do we hop on the Vincent St. Thomas or what?

COME ON.

Will there be cranes in the course to avoid?
          Containers?
          40 foot? 20 foot? 53 foot? let's hear it.

Speak with your hearts!

The one person I am looking forward to is JROD

JROD will be announcing, right?

This will be so hot.

How much media is going to be there? What about celebs? Any skateboarders?

Will Jesse James be there?

Comment

Will Reese Mad SKillZ Millen be the team brother of that guy from the other country.

The one with the red bull car.
            It is a MAZDA RX7

Do you think they will do twins competitions and dmeo runs.

Will there be red bull for free at the event?

I hope there is a sky writer!

Comment

Comment

What?

Is that FUJI Speedway????

Comment

yoshihara third?!!?!?! WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE!
                  and why not Keiichi Tsuchiya?
                  Last edited by ; 10-21-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                    What?

Is that FUJI Speedway????
                    Hahaha, I didn't even see that untill now. Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Understeer View Post
                      yoshihara third?!!?!?! WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE!
                      and why not Keiichi Tsuchiya?
                      Hey *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored*

you fail at reading comprehension.

the list was the top 16 at that time, it has now changed, and yoshihara dropped to 5th, he will still be in the event though.

And KT is a judge, not a pro drifter. Homie kinda sucks too.

Best in the world, no old hyped up over glorified judges

Comment

So, who are you guys looking forward to seeing?

DISCUSS

Comment

- yes there will be grandstands. Reserved seating like Long Beach Grand prix
                          - Entry speed will be triple digit
                          - Tickets have ZERO service charge thanks to Red Bull
                          - Drifting.com users can use code "redbull" and receive an additional $5 off. That's $30 for a two day reserved seat. Killer deal
                          - Yes Jrod will be announcing.
                          - The event hub in the Long beach Convention Center. You can pick-up Will Call, buy tickets and park all at the Convention Center. There will be free shuttles all day to take you to the secret location.

Comment

triple digits in MPH or KPH?

So, in order to get in or out, a shuttle must be taken. got it.

Will there be a vendor area?

Is there a time table yet of what is happening and when?

Comment

Is there a current updated list now?

Who is coming from Japan?

Comment

You know what would be a great announcers..

Toshi & Jarod...

Comment

Working...
                                X