roundabout drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roundabout drift

could anyone tell me the best way of drifting a roundabout in the wet ??,like throttle control and steering ! i just cant seem to hold the drift the whole way around.am i giving it to much gas,or to little,do i pump the gas pedal,or gradualy press dwn to hold the drift ??

I replied to your PM.

One thing I will say is try and develop your drift techniques not into just throwing the car around but driving the car around. You should get into the midset that drifting is essentially driving the car through a specific line of travel, sideways. If you can grasp this concept, you're halfway there. Drifting is sideways driving. That means you will drive the car through a specific line around a corner. In a round-about, it is simply a longer line. However, you are driving this car following this line. When drifting, you are essentially doing what satellites do in space. They travel at X speed around the earth to exactly counter Y gravitational force. When running around a constant circle, you are doing the exact same thing. You are drifting at exactly enough speed to counter the inward force your car is attempting to drive. If you slow down, your line will tighten. If you speed up, your line will open up. The limiting factors are the ability to maintain the needed speed (enough engine power for the grip levels) and car control (the ability to maintain line and speed through steering and throttle inputs). If one of these two factors are not present, you will not make it around.

Comment

omg that was pure physics 101 i want 3 credits on my transcript now.. lol

but yea OP what he said is all valid.

Comment

See this is why physics geeks shouldn't drift . . .LMAO! Just kidding Drift For Food, that was a very . . . . analytical way of looking at that. I'm not that good at drifting so I would have said something like drift fast enough so that you don't just go barreling into the round about sideways but not so fast that you wind up going too wide.

The weird thing about that sort of drifting is that if you have to find it, you don't have it because once you hit that sweet spot and you're in a good controlled slide all the way around, it feels like you can do it all day.

That said, street drifting is no good, take it to events.

GLWS!
        Last edited by hunterd557; 09-18-2008, 08:42 PM.

Comment

if you have to come online to ask, you shouldn't be doing it!

be careful and try to keep it off the streets

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
            if you have to come online to ask, you shouldn't be doing it!

be careful and try to keep it off the streets
            Hey C Frost . . . where do I know you from . . .the screen name looks familiar .. . .I dunno, just got a weird feeling like we've talked before . . .

Comment

Knowledge and understanding is power. It tells you what to do and how to do it to get the right results.

Comment

tanx guys for the replies,2 nights ago i actualy made it the whole way around,but it waz in the wet.iv realised that the key to drifting in the wet is a very smooth throttle control.and steering simply by countering.while flicking the throttle.i drive a s13 s200sx with a s14 engine.its only boosting at .5 bar,maybe its time to boost at 1 bar or even 1.2 if i realy want to drift in the dry,what do you guys think ??,i have a s15 turbo,but i dont have an uprated fuel pump.but i waz told that it would be safe to boost at that level.as for i shudnt be drifting an the road colin,iv seen you drift an youtube,you do sum nice work.well i did start off in a car park,and in my job where i work we have a nice open area,so most mornings before work i waz doughnut drifting starting to knw the limits of my car and gaining sum car control skillls.so sooner or later i waz gona take it to a public roundabout and industrial estates.nw im an the public road,and soon i will get to a drift track.
                any replies are appreciated tanx lads

Comment

Somebody posted this on my site, hope it helps

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="src" value="http://infinovision.s3.amazonaws.com/InfinovisionPlayer.swf"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashvars" value="AccountKey=f7M4z3Mkhhzf0EdtIIdsoffZi&VideoG uid=6a3a43c4-c37d-102b-badb-12313800c5a4&Signature=cs3ARo7SOxMZ22y4BrrpDr0JkTs %3D&AutoPlay=1" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://infinovision.s3.amazonaws.com/InfinovisionPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" flashVars="AccountKey=f7M4z3Mkhhzf0EdtIIdsoffZi&Vi deoGuid=6a3a43c4-c37d-102b-badb-12313800c5a4&Signature=cs3ARo7SOxMZ22y4BrrpDr0JkTs %3D&AutoPlay=1"></embed></object>

Comment

So basically, if you wanna drift a roundabout, get an E36 M3, LOL!

Comment

lol, no, just pedal to the metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftallstars View Post
                        lol, no, just pedal to the metal.
                        I would make a round-about vid, but lately my videos haven't flown over too well with the masses, HAHAHAHAHA! It's probably because I'm a moron . . .

-Dave

Comment

yea you are a moron..

i cant wait until Friday im going to call your *Censored**Censored**Censored*

no no wait

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* they have us coming in on *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing saturday at work to smear paint and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on the walls for the inspection.... SHEIT.

Comment

LMAO! That's a lot of censorship . . . .

You love the radio show though . . . Just set a batch script to automatically open winamp at 8PM on Friday, LOL!

-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd557 View Post
                              Hey C Frost . . . where do I know you from . . .the screen name looks familiar .. . .I dunno, just got a weird feeling like we've talked before . . .
                              not sure, I'm always talkin to people though.. and I post on a few forums with the same screen name

Comment

Working...
                              X