HEEL to TOE i NEED help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEEL to TOE i NEED help!!!

I hear everyone about the heel to toe method and double clutching and all that jazz waht is it and what are the benifits of using those methods?????

Use the search button and type heel and toe there a whole thread about it and how to do it and everything else that goes along with it.

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=5533

Dude, it was on the same page. Did you even look?

Comment

Double clutching hasn't been covered well enough in this forum. Basically, while you're driving in a gear, you put it in neutral, rev the engine, and shift to a desired gear. Sounds like a lot of effort and time consuming. It's not used very much in drifting...It's more a grip technique like the heel-toe. And in the Fast and the Furious, Vin Diesel said Paul Walker double-clutched in the 1st drag race(which he probably did). That was the stupidest thing I ever heard... Drag racing is all upshifting...

Comment

I've covered it at least once. If one were to search, it's there.

Comment

Ok then...

Comment

in F&F vin says "Granny shifting not double clutching like ya should"

Double clutching can be used in either downshifting or upshifting. in upshifting say ur in 2nd gear, u push the clutch in and rev it then shift to 4th. and in downshifting its used to keep the rpms up.

my friend is a semitruck freak and hes double clutched in a semi before and thats how he does it when upshifting, and i read the downshifting thing in a Sport Compact Car.

i think maybe there are two ways of doing it

Comment

Well put...I don't can't remember everything from the movie(and don't want to, but maybe the *Censored**Censored**Censored* funny moments hahaha).

Comment

Double clutching is basically only required if you are upshifting slowly on a non-synchronised gearbox. On modern cars, it's just bs... However, I had a gearbox in my Levin that had straight cut gears and no synchro rings. On the track, I could just slam it in gear. On the street I had to double clutch and rev it back up to get it in gear if I was just cruising.

To double clutch, you press the clutch pedal, change to neutral, release the clutch, rev the engine back up, press the clutch again, change to the next gear, release the clutch. Wouldn't do Paul Walker much good, now would it? Then again, all the other guys in the film had 9 speed gearboxes and did 25 second quartermiles... Dragracing is not a staring contest

Comment

fsr f^ck that post you made was funny man.

Comment

Re: HEEL to TOE i NEED help!!!

Heel toe shifting is used when down shifting while braking in a way to not lock the tranny or jerk the car around.
                      Basically, its the same principle of double clutching. When u downshift usiong the heel toe technique, here is what u do:

say youre coming up to a hairpin in 4th gear, and u need to get to 3rd. You push in the clutch, and the brake at the same time.
                      so now, the rpm's have dropped, and you are slowing down. Now, while keeping your right foot on the brake, slide your right heel onto the gas and give it a push. Now release the clutch and the brake and get on with the corner.

This takes practice to get the rpms to match just right. so get out there and practice.

Hope this helps^_^

Comment

Heel-toe shifting is not double clutching. You are just matching revs. Double clutching with syncros is pointless. Basically, your just trying not to get the car to jerk forward going into a turn, so you don't accidently start "drifiting" into a corner. Godsend for cars that like to oversteer at high speeds.

I only double clutch when just downshifting as a daily driver. I would just match revs, but I have a bad habit of dropping the clutch while the revs are still climbing, which still jerks the car forward.

Comment

Re: Re: HEEL to TOE i NEED help!!!

i didnt say it was heel toe shifting, i said it was like it. (matching the rpms)

Comment

I wouldnt suggest double-clutch for racing. Heel-toe isnt a "drifting" or "Griping" technique. Neither is doublt clutching. Heel-toe is pretty much the best way to brake and down shift.

For heel-toe

Start to brake

Push in the clutch

Keeping your toes on the brake- tap the gas with your heel while at the same time shifting down to the next gear

Release the clutch

For Double clutch

Press in the clutch

Move into neutral

Release the clutch

Heres the "difficult" part- Ever notice how when you down shift the rpms start to rise? While in neutral raise the rpms as close to you can as though they would have without double clutching it.

Press in the clutch

Move down 1 gear

Release the clutch.

Things to know:

Heel-toe is pretty much the best way to brake while racing- Its is for the most part the smoothest and fastest way to downshift/brake. Ever downshift and pop the clutch? CLUNK. Even when braking and downshifting at the same time you still have to ease up on the clutch a bit. Heel-toe Lets you brake- downshift- and match the speeds tranyn related all in one move.

Double clutching: Yes this is like heel-toe because of the fact you use it to rev match. Its just not as fast or as "hard" as heel-toe is. you DONT double clutch to upshift UNLESS your car was made from the 50's or older, your synchros/dogteeth have gone out, or your drivign a semi truck. You dont even have to do it while downshifting- however it will be much nicer on your tranny if you do double clutch while downshifting, and it will be much smoother. True- thats the job of your synchros- but doing that puts friction and stress on them- wear and tear. By double clutching you make their job that much easier- and let them live that much longer.

Comment

double clutching is not needed much in cars now because the timing of the gears is already configured into the ECU, i think.please correct me if im wrong,i just dont really know the words how to say it.but i do know that its not needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X