ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Samuel win against Forseberg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Samuelfan
    booZTT, I thought that Chris spun on one of the runs against Samuel but I can't remember. You sound very educated on drifting and I know you saw like 5 camera angles of the tandem. Did he spin and if so, wouldn't that make Samuel the winner?
    If you read the other post about this I explained it. It had everything to do with Sam's line and speed. Chris avoided hitting Sam due to him having to correct in such a drastic manner. At my angle it was very easy to see..it happened directly in front of where I was filming and one of our other cameras had the birds eye view as well. Sam also tapped the barrier once as well.

As not to spam I'm adding this to my post: I cannot release the video or clips due to rights and other legal issues. It will be available at a later date. Thanks.
    Last edited by BooZTT; 08-30-2004, 06:16 PM.

Comment

anyone see the sign "SLIDE, SAM, SLIDE!"

... It should've read "OWNED, SAM, OWNED!!"

Comment

Originally posted by BooZTT
        Why do you insist on argueing with me? I have seen him drift on many occasions..in the US and in Japan..he's incredible in the hachi..but as I stated and if you watch clips of him..he holds much less angle towards the first turn in order to gain speed and distance to the apposing car. Do they knock him for this? No..why? They know his car is much less powerful..but he charges like a maniac and they love it and so do I. You're missing a lot of points here that I don't think you understand. I'm NOT knocking on you..I'm trying to help you understand this more. This isn't a contest of who knows more..and don't foget why we do this...it's fun as all hell! That's all that really matters to me and i hope you don't lose site of that. Again..I'm NOT bashing you..so don't take it personally.
        Nope, not taking it personally. Just stating an example. I think this subject has been run into the ground. I appologize if I came off like a d*ck, I'm not like that. We both have our opinions on the run and we both bring up good points, I guess we can leave it at that.

Take care.

Comment

Sam H. is an excellent driver. By all standards... My statement with the transmission is the fact that his car has soo much power compared to all the other drivers that he only needs to stay in second gear. This is a testament to all who have test drove his car on the track.

My opinion. We'll see more fair competition next season...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
            Sam H. is an excellent driver. By all standards... My statement with the transmission is the fact that his car has soo much power compared to all the other drivers that he only needs to stay in second gear. This is a testament to all who have test drove his car on the track.

My opinion. We'll see more fair competition next season...

Matt.
            A lot of Viper reviews say you can drive it in 3rd gear all day.

Comment

chris definitely spun when he was leading hubinette right before the sudden death round. he was the only driver to spin and then advance...

Comment

Still being a newby to this sport, there is a lot I just don't understand. After Chris spun out, that would in most any other tandems, would have made that person lose. Now I can understand, doing one "one more time". But they did two of them. Were they just going to keep doing them, til they could justiy Chris winning? I could understand Sam losing if he spun out, hit the water barriers, or hit the other car, but he did none of those things. When people say he hit the wall, there was no damage to the car, it was just the signs on the wall moving because he was so close to the wall. What it basicall boils down to is this. Formula D figured he won the championship, but they weren't going to let him sweep the series. Plain as that. I talked to many people and they alot agreed with me. But they also, said that it would get old watching the same guy win every weekend. This is the question I have. If the same guy wins every weekend because he is that good, should he be penalized for it? I have spoken to Ken G. and he said he is a better driver because of Sam. Knowing that Sam is going to be at the events means his skills have to get that much better, that much quicker. One thing that is tossed around here alot is how much power the viper makes vs. what it weighs. The car only makes 520 hp. and weighs in at a stout 3000 lbs. http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/...ompetition.asp Maybe one thing that will shut people up about the power issue is to mandate a maximum hp rating and also put in a minimum weight. That way, all cars, regardless of make or model will be on a level playing field. What about that? I can speak about the Viper, because I was the one who towed it all over the country, and worked on it at the events. Do you think that if Chris and Sam would switch cars, that just by driving the viper that Chris would suddenly jump up to Sam's skill level? And vice versa? I don't think so. The car is not what makes Sam an awesome drifter, it is his natural driving ability plain and simple. To sum it up, politics is what cost Sam this win. Was he mad? No. Was he bummed? Yes. Will he move on and kick all their butts again next year? For sure. * this is true, Chris spun when he was leading, not when he was following Sam, so there is no way Sam could have been holding him up, as earlier stated by the guy with 5 camera angles. The pressure that Sam puts on drivers is what causes them to mess up, just like Chris did. If they were good enough, they would not falter under the pressure, they would feed off of it.
                Last edited by NFJohn; 08-31-2004, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Well I just saw the clips of Chris vs Sam and "from what I can see on the VIDEO" I would judge Sam the winner. I wasn't there and the angle of where the run is seen has A LOT to do. Anyways to judge the winner is the judges task.

Comment

NFJohn:

Thank God someone has come on to post that is on my side. (Although there have been another few in my corner.) I can't agree with you more. Everyone was saying that it was POLITICAL. WTF, I thought that it was judged on the best driver. Please refer to one of my earlier posts that discusses a guy in a white car, with no lights that barely went sideways. Why was he better than Samuel? Why did he go on and not Samuel? POLITICS! Whatever. Next year I am sure that Samuel will have a less controversial car and he will SWEEP again without the politics.

Then we will see what these people have to say about him. About his driving ability and about his car....................

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                      anyone see the sign "SLIDE, SAM, SLIDE!"

... It should've read "OWNED, SAM, OWNED!!"
                      And this guy only wishes that he had a sponser that would give him a wonderful car to drift too.

Sorry to get mean, but come on. I think that it is awesome tha that he has a sponser. Get over it.

Comment

Sam just had to qualify in the top 16 to win the championship. That is all. They gave him that much, and then were done with him.

Comment

I agree totally. Do you have any video, or does anyone else of the tandem?

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                            Sam's car only requires one gear. His car is mad display of horsepower. I really don't like seeing him win...
                            More like a mad display of torque

Comment

One clip is posted here.
                              http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...?threadid=7906

Originally posted by #1Samuelfan
                              I agree totally. Do you have any video, or does anyone else of the tandem?

Comment

You are the DUDE. THANX!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X