ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Samuel win against Forseberg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Douche bag? That sounds more like a 14 year old that my comments. I was just playing around. You took it wrong. Lighten up and laugh a little. You know my last post was funny!!

Oh, and by the way, I am a 33 year old woman....

Comment

Originally posted by #1Samuelfan
      Douche bag? That sounds more like a 14 year old that my comments. I was just playing around. You took it wrong. Lighten up and laugh a little. You know my last post was funny!!

Oh, and by the way, I am a 33 year old woman....
      well that explains everything.... Guys she is b!tching so much because she is a 33 year old woman.

Sam was cute! awwwweeee, Tisk i wanted him to win!

Comment

Originally posted by murdoch
        okay i just want to try to talk make some sense out of the decision that was made by the judges.

1.) Chris had a power and weight DISADVANTAGE Mitch

A weight disadvantage? How much does the Z weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by hondoo
          A weight disadvantage? How much does the Z weigh?
          chris has it completely gutted and it is at like 2800 lbs or something. I should have said power to weight (ratio) disadvantage as i am unsure of the vipers weight.

anyone know what the viper does weight?

Comment

well that explains everything.... Guys she is b!tching so much because she is a 33 year old woman.

Sam was cute! awwwweeee, Tisk i wanted him to win!
            You have to admit, he is a hottie. But that aside, he is an awesome driver too. I have to admit it looks close, but I still think that Samuel won. Thanks for your thoughts!!

Anyways, he won the championship, so he still is the best drifter right?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Samuelfan
              You have to admit, he is a hottie. But that aside, he is an awesome driver too. I have to admit it looks close, but I still think that Samuel won. Thanks for your thoughts!!

Anyways, he won the championship, so he still is the best drifter right?
              NO! Best drifter of FD. You cant label someone the best drifter, because they won one of many series. if he went head to head with every drifter in this world and won, he would be the best drifter.

Comment

I don't think the power to weight ratio matters. The judges now what the cars are capable of and they handicap accordingly ( I would think). I think drifting is more about the driver than the car. By the way, just saw the RS*R video and the track looks way different than on the Chris vs Sam video, so now I have no idea who I would judge as the winner. It also looked different in person when I went to D1GP in February.
                Last edited by vigvoodoo; 09-01-2004, 10:17 AM.

Comment

chris has it completely gutted and it is at like 2800 lbs or something. I should have said power to weight (ratio) disadvantage as i am unsure of the vipers weight.

anyone know what the viper does weight?
                  The Viper weighs in at just about 5 lbs. under 3000, so once again, how was chris at a weight disadvantage???Here are some Viper Specs

Comment

Chris was running a better line BTW...

I'll second that... I'll also second that Sam wasn't driving as hard as Chris...

Chris was running full throttle through out all the runs to just catch up (not keep up as he coudn't keep up) with Sam...

Anyways...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by aristo
                      A lot of Viper reviews say you can drive it in 3rd gear all day.
                      you can. 2nd gear is so short and the car makes too much torque to make it effective and easy to use in drifting. 3rd and 4th are perfect, especially with Sams rev limiter.

Comment

i cant believe some of you guys are commenting on why samuel doesnt stay on the throttle when he is in mid drift. you guys dont drift very much do you?

the reason why samuel cant stay in the throttle through the entire turn is due to the heavy weight of the viper. if he stayed on the throttle the entire time he would either 1) continue to drift the car out of the apex of the corner or 2) loop the drift.

hello?

consider that the viper's weight increases the inertia in mid drift. any continued acceleration would ruin samuel's line.

geez. try drifting a heavy car and figure it out for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                          anyone see the sign "SLIDE, SAM, SLIDE!"

... It should've read "OWNED, SAM, OWNED!!"
                          i saw the sign, and though sam is a nice guy, does any one think its not very professional to have a judged series like this, with huge banners promoting only one driver?

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                            i saw the sign, and though sam is a nice guy, does any one think its not very professional to have a judged series like this, with huge banners promoting only one driver?
                            for your information, it has already been posted that the banner you are talking about was hung underneath the mopar hospitality area for the viper club. the viper club made that sign for samuel in support. it wasn't formula d's.

so, i dont see anything wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by hondoo
                              i cant believe some of you guys are commenting on why samuel doesnt stay on the throttle when he is in mid drift. you guys dont drift very much do you?

the reason why samuel cant stay in the throttle through the entire turn is due to the heavy weight of the viper. if he stayed on the throttle the entire time he would either 1) continue to drift the car out of the apex of the corner or 2) loop the drift.

hello?

consider that the viper's weight increases the inertia in mid drift. any continued acceleration would ruin samuel's line.

geez. try drifting a heavy car and figure it out for yourself.
                              VIPERS ARENT THAT HEAVY!!!

they are half tube framed and have a one piece fiberglass front end.

Comment

edit:

i desided to stop responding to stupid post.

(nothing to do with the thread)
                                Last edited by nissanguy_24; 09-01-2004, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X