PRO-AM Series HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRO-AM Series HELP!

Hello im Oscar from Puerto Rico and I need some help with the Pro-Am series coming up next year. Im currently building 2 cars (one for me and one for my brother Luis) to go to the states. I had originaly planed to go to the "Hold the Line" series in New Jersey since i know a lot of people there, but i have heard rumors that it wont be held next year. I need to know what Pro-Am series will be running next year or if there will be a HTL series next year. Also i need to know when will the first race be, so that i can have a solid deadline on the cars and the shiping. I also need to find info on this because I am trying to get a sponsor to go race and i need to know were will i be racing, NJ would be a nice choice since its in their area of interest, but it would be good to know the area were i could go racing.

Any help will be apreciated! Thanks!

Originally posted by wolf140 View Post
    Hello im Oscar from Puerto Rico and I need some help with the Pro-Am series coming up next year. Im currently building 2 cars (one for me and one for my brother Luis) to go to the states. I had originaly planed to go to the "Hold the Line" series in New Jersey since i know a lot of people there, but i have heard rumors that it wont be held next year. I need to know what Pro-Am series will be running next year or if there will be a HTL series next year. Also i need to know when will the first race be, so that i can have a solid deadline on the cars and the shiping. I also need to find info on this because I am trying to get a sponsor to go race and i need to know were will i be racing, NJ would be a nice choice since its in their area of interest, but it would be good to know the area were i could go racing.

Any help will be apreciated! Thanks!
    Hi Oscar, we requested an update.

Comment

i know for sure StreetWise Drift will have one. they always do

Comment

Were is StreetWise Drift going to be held? do you know when is the first race or a website to look for some more info?

Comment

www.StreetWiseDrift.com

2011 season started at the Round2 of FormulaD (Atlanta, GA) the first week of May. We ran as part of the overall event, but in a seperate ProAm class.

I assume the same starting event would be set, but I do not think SWD has released a 2012 schedule as of yet.

2011 the season ran 5 rounds:
          May...............Atlanta, GA
          June...............Palm Beach, FL
          July................Charlotte, NC
          August............Charlotte, NC (again, different venue)
          Sept...............Virginia International Raceway, VA

Comment

Originally posted by boxmod View Post
            www.StreetWiseDrift.com

2011 season started at the Round2 of FormulaD (Atlanta, GA) the first week of May. We ran as part of the overall event, but in a seperate ProAm class.

I assume the same starting event would be set, but I do not think SWD has released a 2012 schedule as of yet.

2011 the season ran 5 rounds:
            May...............Atlanta, GA
            June...............Palm Beach, FL
            July................Charlotte, NC
            August............Charlotte, NC (again, different venue)
            Sept...............Virginia International Raceway, VA
            Awesome! thanks for the help! is there a site that shows when they get the schedule? does SWD always run on those venues/states?

Comment

Originally posted by wolf140 View Post
              Awesome! thanks for the help! is there a site that shows when they get the schedule? does SWD always run on those venues/states?
              Streetwise Drift

schedule got released a few of days ago.

Comment

http://Www.streetwisedrift.com/?page_id=14

2012 Pro AM Schedule

2012 Drift Days and Combined Event Days

April 7th Testing and Tech Day Gresham Motorsports Park
                May 11th-12th- Pro AM Rd 1 Road Atlanta
                June 7th-8th-9th Pro AM Rd 2 Palm Beach International Raceway
                July 7th Pro AM Rd 3 Z MAX Dragway
                Aug 4th Pro AM Rd 4 Charlotte Motor Speedway
                Sept 15th Pro AM Final Virginia International Raceway
                Oct 6th End of Season Throwdown Gresham Motorsports Park
                Jan 29th Drift Day Metrolina Expo
                Feb 26thth Drift Day Metrolina Expo
                March 18th Drift Day Concord Motorsports Park
                April 14th Drift Day Metrolina Expo
                May 26th Drift Day Metrolina Expo
                June 23rd Drift Day Metrolina Expo
                July 7th Drift Day Z MAX Dragway
                Aug 4th Drift Day Charlotte Motor Speeday
                Sept 8th Drift Day Metrolina Expo
                OCT 28th 30th Drift Day TMDA
                NOV 17th Finale Drift Day Metrolina Expo

Comment

We have a Pro*Am too! We actually got that ProAm All Star Championship last year with driver Brian Peter

Check us out for the update for 2012 here very soon www.mdudrift.com

We dont play!

Comment

actually we do play alot lol

Comment

AWESOME! thanks for all the help and the schedule is here just in the nick of time, ill be talking to my possible sponsors next week so i was going to need this. I checked out the website and saw that they have a season pass, is it obligatory to buy that to race the whole season? also for the winners of the championship i heard that some pro-am series give formula d licenses to the winners, is this true for SWD?.

Edgar: Indianapolis seems kinda far but if you have a site and a schedule please post!! will thake any series in consideration, since the original area were the sponsors had interest will not be running their series (NJ, HTL). There might be an interest on some other part of the states.
                      Im really looking foward to going stateside with my bro to drift there, so i REALLY apreciate all the help that i can get!!
                      Thanks again for all the help you guys!!

Comment

I think its top 6 over all for the season that get a FD license. not sure...

Comment

last year it was top 4 i think.

and you dont HAVE to race whole season

Comment

last year SWD required participation in 3 out of 5 rounds. they awarded 4 FD licenses at the end of the 2010 series.

Comment

Originally posted by delicious steve View Post
                              last year SWD required participation in 3 out of 5 rounds. they awarded 4 FD licenses at the end of the 2010 series.
                              to be license eligible perhaps, but if you dont "have" to drive 3. Some people only drove 1 this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X